Some Starfighter Questions!

Pingonaut

I have a few questions about the gameplay of GSF I'd like answered, if you would:

First: When I have proton torpedoes and they run out of ammunition can I refill them somewhere? Same goes for when my ship's hull is badly damaged, is there anything I can do if I don't have a repair hull ability equipped?

Second: This may be the more complicated question, what is the best way to turn? When I need to turn my ship around (if my enemy gets behind me, or whatever) what's the most efficient way to do it, given I don't use a turn ability? How can I avoid those battles where it's like jousting, just turning around and finding my enemy heading right toward me much too quickly?

I appreciate any input, thank you!

I have a few questions about the gameplay of GSF I'd like answered, if you would:

First: When I have proton torpedoes and they run out of ammunition can I refill them somewhere? Same goes for when my ship's hull is badly damaged, is there anything I can do if I don't have a repair hull ability equipped?

Second: This may be the more complicated question, what is the best way to turn? When I need to turn my ship around (if my enemy gets behind me, or whatever) what's the most efficient way to do it, given I don't use a turn ability? How can I avoid those battles where it's like jousting, just turning around and finding my enemy heading right toward me much too quickly?

Answer to the first question is until bombers come out with The repair Drone... no there is no way to reload and there is no way to heal the hull with out a companion.

The answer to the second question Turning Up or Down turns faster then Left or right so rotate your ship till the enemy indicator is either above or below and then turn your ship up or down. Think banking when you are turning. You will still end up head to heads or jousting but joust when its in your benefit only other than that stay squirly and simplery as Possible. Also while turning around Throttle down with S it will allow for a sharper turn. When being squirly changing speeds with W, S and even thrusters can make then enemy work harder.

The answer to the second question Turning Up or Down turns faster then Left or right so rotate your ship till the enemy indicator is either above or below and then turn your ship up or down. Think banking when you are turning. You will still end up head to heads or jousting but joust when its in your benefit only other than that stay squirly and simplery as Possible. Also while turning around Throttle down with S it will allow for a sharper turn. When being squirly changing speeds with W, S and even thrusters can make then enemy work harder.

Ah, I was hoping there was a better way to do it, this is how I've always done. Thanks for the input.

Just like tunewalker said, I unless you self-destruct, there is no other way to refill ammunition or repair armor as of now. The game was supposed to be released with bombers.

Personally, if an enemy is behind me and I want to get behind him, depending on the ship, I would ether use retro thrusters and pop up behind or after-burn for half a second or so and immediately hit x if he's close. (Where blasters have their massive accuracy drop off)

If he is a little farther, I would turn by banking towards one direction, while pitching upwards (my up, could be his down, or left) I find that this is the most effective way to turn. If you hit after burner, or speed up, the arc becomes wider although the turn might be a bit faster. This is almost always effective, however, it requires around ~5000m to do it properly depending on what ship I'm flying. You could ether face him, or get behind him. If both of you are locked in a turning-war, or there isn't enough distance,use ether barrel roll, or retro trusters (the only two engines I think are worth using.) With barrel roll, follow with above method, and joust him. With retro, it is pretty much self-explanatory.