Confused about my crew options

Pingonaut

If I recall correctly, by default, any ship is "crowded" with the "default crew memeber" (The four who are actually not players' companions)

But you can actually choose your crew members independtly between ships. You can choose C2-N2 on one ship, and T7-01 on the other one like you currently have, without any problem.

If I recall correctly, by default, any ship is "crowded" with the "default crew memeber" (The four who are actually not players' companions)

But you can actually choose your crew members independtly between ships. You can choose C2-N2 on one ship, and T7-01 on the other one like you currently have, without any problem.

But I want T7 on the other ship.

You can have a different crew configuration for each ship. This makes sense, you want a shield boosting companion on a ship that is configured for strong shields, and a hull resistance boosting companion on a ship that is configured for damage resistance, etc.

At the start, all ships have the same crew selected, but you can change that at any time.

But I want T7 on the other ship.

Its not like having T7 on the scout prevents you from having it on the strike fighter. You can have T7 on as many ships as you want. The idea is that you are only flying one ship at a time, and the companions all move with you (but can be manning different stations on different ships)

Edited by Sharee

Its not like having T7 on the scout prevents you from having it on the strike fighter. You can have T7 on as many ships as you want. The idea is that you are only flying one ship at a time, and the companions all move with you (but can be manning different stations on different ships)

But this is my problem. T7 is not an option on some of my ships. He doesn't show up at all.

But this is my problem. T7 is not an option on some of my ships. He doesn't show up at all.

Do you mean he doesnt show up as Co-pilot option or doesnt show up as engineer option. If he is not selected as your engineer crewman he CAN NOT be selected as a Co-pilot. The Co-pilot can ONLY be selected from people who are part of your crew on that ship.

Edit: from what i see you are ONLY looking at your Co-pilot options meaning that this is an issue with you not selecting T7 as part of your crew thus you CANT have him as your Co-pilot if you want T7 go to engineering tab select T7 then go back up to Co-pilot and he will be available.

Edited by tunewalker

T7 can man the engineering position. Depending on your class, you may have to unlock him first using fleet requisition. And, of course, you need to be republic, imperials have their own companions.

If you can use T7 in the engineering position on one ship, but not on another, then that would be a bug.

That's problematic. It shouldn't act like that.

T7-01 should be avaliable to all your ships, as long as your are a Knight. I honestly don't know if you unlock it on a non-Knight class with Fleet requisitions, but considering you have Scourge on the other ship, I assume you are a Knight.

Edited by Altheran

OP, you're looking at your copilot crew. Click the boxes that say offensive, defensive, tactical, and engineering. From there you can select your crew members for their passives, and the copilot box will update your choices of copilots.

I prefer to think of it as the companions are responsible for making sure the systems are working right, ammo and fuel are resupplied, broken parts are repaired, etc, and each companion has their own way of going about it (thus the passive bonuses). The copilot is the only one on the ship with you, because the ship is pretty tiny (x-wing sized, give or take, according to whatever source I read).

Edited by Armonddd

It's not immediately clear at first how crew members work:

- First select crew for the 4 positions -- slots 2-5. You get their passive abilities.

- Then out of those crew select 1 to be your copilot -- slot 1. You get their active ability as F4.

So if you want T7-01 you need to select him as a crew member first (he's in engineering).

However if you're new I wouldn't use T7-01, as you really want someone with 13% reduction to thrust use (like C2-N2) to start with.

Edited by JadedJasper

OP, you're looking at your copilot crew. Click the boxes that say offensive, defensive, tactical, and engineering. From there you can select your crew members for their passives, and the copilot box will update your choices of copilots.

I prefer to think of it as the companions are responsible for making sure the systems are working right, ammo and fuel are resupplied, broken parts are repaired, etc, and each companion has their own way of going about it (thus the passive bonuses). The copilot is the only one on the ship with you, because the ship is pretty tiny (x-wing sized, give or take, according to whatever source I read).

So is it normal for me to not have T7 as an option for copilot for some ships?

It's not immediately clear at first how crew members work:

- First select crew for the 4 positions -- slots 2-5. You get their passive abilities.

- Then out of those crew select 1 to be your copilot -- slot 1. You get their active ability as F4.

True. I didn't thought of that it may be that misunderstanding now that I'm used to it.

The co-pilot should definitely be at the bottom of the list with a kind of separation from the others.

If you have not selected them for the basic "jobs", yes. Co-pilot is someone chosen from the four you have selected for the Offensive/Defensive/Tactical/Engineering "jobs", not a fifth one.

Edited by Altheran

If you do not have a companion selected as a part of your crew you can not choose them as a Co-pilot. So if T7 is not the Engineer Crew member of that particular ship he can not be your Co-pilot for that ship UNTIL you make him the Engineer Crew Member on that ship.

So short answer yes but you can change whether or not he is available as a Co-pilot by selecting him as a crew member.

Edited by tunewalker

If you do not have a companion selected as a part of your crew you can not choose them as a Co-pilot. So if T7 is not the Engineer Crew member of that particular ship he can not be your Co-pilot for that ship UNTIL you make him the Engineer Crew Member on that ship.

So short answer yes but you can change whether or not he is available as a Co-pilot by selecting him as a crew member.

Holy crap, thanks!