Changes to HuD

Rustwort

This may have already been brought up but currently I can't see which weapons I have equipped without looking at the firing arc rings. This is all fine and dandy until you use weapons with the same firing arc.

Specifically I'm talking about the new strongarm gunship and it's imp equivalent. Since the model doesn't change when you switch secondary weapons, I only can only tell when I shoot someone and they either lose lots of life or get a DoT!!

Just a little bit of HuD saying what weapon is equipped would be really nice, thanks!!

At the moment, what you can do is to change your UI with the interface customization (select Galactic Starfighter otherwise its Ui part will not show), and put your weapon display to be in a more visible place, and maybe make it bigger.

You'll have to memorize which icon means which weapon, though.

Edited by Altheran

This may have already been brought up but currently I can't see which weapons I have equipped without looking at the firing arc rings. This is all fine and dandy until you use weapons with the same firing arc.

Specifically I'm talking about the new strongarm gunship and it's imp equivalent. Since the model doesn't change when you switch secondary weapons, I only can only tell when I shoot someone and they either lose lots of life or get a DoT!!

Just a little bit of HuD saying what weapon is equipped would be really nice, thanks!!

..Yes you CAN see what weapon you have equipped.

There is a weapon indicator on your HUD that shows you which weapons you have equipped and how much ammo you have left. And they DO show for gunship railguns. The ICON will change depending on what weapon you have equipped.

Look here http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/357/f/4/gsfuiexplained_by_silverelfshadows-d6z54b8.jpg

See the ammo indicator? It says I have heavy blaster cannons and proton torpedoes equipped.

Edited by silvershadows

..Yes you CAN see what weapon you have equipped.

There is a weapon indicator on your HUD that shows you which weapons you have equipped and how much ammo you have left. And they DO show for gunship railguns. The ICON will change depending on what weapon you have equipped.

Look here http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/357/f/4/gsfuiexplained_by_silverelfshadows-d6z54b8.jpg

See the ammo indicator? It says I have heavy blaster cannons and proton torpedoes equipped.

I can see what you're getting at in that pic, but the icon for slug railgun and plasma railgun are exactly the same. So that's a no go.

I can see what you're getting at in that pic, but the icon for slug railgun and plasma railgun are exactly the same. So that's a no go.

No, they're not. Good railgun shares a background color with other good railgun. Bad railgun does not.

Solution: Never equip plasma railgun. It's not even stock, so this should never be an issue.

No, they're not. Good railgun shares a background color with other good railgun. Bad railgun does not.

Solution: Never equip plasma railgun. It's not even stock, so this should never be an issue.

Hui.... I wish people wouldn't be such little know-it-all's about subjects they don't actually have experience in.

I mentioned Strongarm/Demolisher gunships specifically as their icon set is different to the standard gunships. All of their secondary weapon icons are exactly the same as the ship's model does not change when you switch weapons. So even if you've got the plasma torpedo equipped, it'll still show a big artillery type barrel on the icon and still show a big artillery type barrel on the ship. Hence the confusion as to what is currently equipped.

Savvy?

I noticed this just last night when playing with my strongarm. The icon doesn't change at all. the soultion is to look below at the ammo. the proton torpedos will have a number in the field while the railgun will display the infinite sign. Hope this helps, at least until the devs fix the picture.

So, there's some misconception in this thread.

The INTENTION appears to be that each ship has a specific icon for each weapon type, and that this swap. The background color I believe is tied to the ship- my Mangler's ion cannon has a different background than my Quarrel's ion cannon, I'm fairly certain.

In practice, some ships are bugged and the icon never changes.

I think the display should be sharper for railguns. If the different cannons can't make different charge noises, the charge display could at least be different colors. It would be nice if the background for the icon was a different luminosity and color for each, and for this to be consistent: ion should be blue, slug yellow, plasma red. And of course they should fix the bug where it displays, ex, the slug railgun when you have protons selected.

Edited by Verain

The INTENTION appears to be that each ship has a specific icon for each weapon type, and that this swap. The background color I believe is tied to the ship- my Mangler's ion cannon has a different background than my Quarrel's ion cannon, I'm fairly certain.

In practice, some ships are bugged and the icon never changes.

Yes, this was the case for me until the latest patch, when the icon started changing.