BW, what about the Sharp Dresser achievement?

CrazyMcGee

Great to see rakghoul event back, but why does Sharp Dresser achievement still require the Republic and Imperial containment gear that aren't available this time? Are you going to bring that back later?

If not, why not change the achievement to the new armours? Is it really your intention that no one who did not buy the original armours in 1.2 should get the achievement? That seems rather restrictive considering achievements didn't even exist until 2.0.

So anyone who wasn't forward looking enough to buy armours for an achievement that didn't exist for another 12 months doesn't deserve the achievement? Is that actually BW's position?

Great to see rakghoul event back, but why does Sharp Dresser achievement still require the Republic and Imperial containment gear that aren't available this time? Are you going to bring that back later?

If not, why not change the achievement to the new armours? Is it really your intention that no one who did not buy the original armours in 1.2 should get the achievement? That seems rather restrictive considering achievements didn't even exist until 2.0.

So anyone who wasn't forward looking enough to buy armours for an achievement that didn't exist for another 12 months doesn't deserve the achievement? Is that actually BW's position?

I'd like an answer to this too. In addition, 2 of the achievements require the pale/crimson rakling. New players will be unable to get the Lord of the Rakghouls title without it.

I'd like to see both sets of armor (imperial/republic containment officer) and the pets (pale/crimson rakling) added to the event before it ends.

When will you people learn you can't get everything you want?

This isn't a single player game, this is an MMO, it's dynamic. Accept the fact you will never get the sharp dresser achievement. I don't have it myself. And those people who do have it are deserve it, because they were here in the first event.

inbefore special snowflake comments

This isn't a single player game, this is an MMO, it's dynamic. Accept the fact you will never get the sharp dresser achievement. I don't have it myself. And those people who do have it are deserve it, because they were here in the first event.

But the event existed way before the achievement. I was here in the first event, but I just didn't happen to get the armours because I didn't like the look. There are probably people who threw them away. It's not like the people who have them worked to get the achievement, they just happen to have something that no one knew was a requirement.

For the poster above - someone just said in General that they got a Pale Rakling in a random drop. And doesn't LI still drop Pale Rakling? EDIT: Sorry, that's Midnight Rakling. But the raklings may be available as random drops.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

But the event existed way before the achievement. I was here in the first event, but I just didn't happen to get the armours because I didn't like the look. There are probably people who threw them away. It's not like the people who have them worked to get the achievement, they just happen to have something that no one knew was a requirement.

For the poster above - someone just said in General that they got a Pale Rakling in a random drop. And doesn't LI still drop Pale Rakling? EDIT: Sorry, that's Midnight Rakling. But the raklings may be available as random drops.

Well hopefully they won't bring the equipment back. The first event and it's rewards should have been kept in the past, a memory for those who participated. The items should be kept relics and unobtainable and those who had them can show off their rare prizes.

Well hopefully they won't bring the equipment back. The first event and it's rewards should have been kept in the past, a memory for those who participated. The items should be kept relics and unobtainable and those who had them can show off their rare prizes.

I would be fine with that, if they made the achievement require the new armour. Making a large meta achievement unobtainable to about 95% of players seems like a pretty crazy design plan.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

I would be fine with that, if they made the achievement require the new armour. Making a large meta achievement unobtainable to about 95% of players seems like a pretty crazy design plan.

So you'd want bioware to remove the first events armour from the achievements just because you can never get the armour?

So you'd want bioware to remove the first events armour from the achievements just because you can never get the armour?

Yes, because the achievements system didn't exist then, so no one could work towards it. Achievements should be earned, not accidental.

It's the same reason they brought back the Life Day cartel items - they said that as Collections had only just been created, most people didn't buy it or understand it was time-limited.

So why should they behave differently for Cartel items than achievements?

And it's not about me not being able to get it, it's everyone. I'm also against the Party Jawa achievements that a lot of players can't get (and I have a Party Jawa).

Yes, because the achievements system didn't exist then, so no one could work towards it. Achievements should be earned, not accidental.

It's the same reason they brought back the Life Day cartel items - they said that as Collections had only just been created, most people didn't buy it or understand it was time-limited.

And it's not about me not being able to get it, it's everyone. I'm also against the Party Jawa achievements that a lot of players can't get (and I have a Party Jawa).

What about the founder title? That was released before collections...do you want them to remove the founder title from collections because new people can't get it?

Like I said, people need to get over the fact they can't get certain achievements because they weren't playing the game at a particular time. Talk about entitled lol...

Bioware removed the Korrealis mount achievements from the game shortly after 2.0 Because players who missed out on them couldn't get the achievement.

Thus, their track record is making sure that once an achievement is added, people have a chance to get it. There is no indication of that changing.

Unless Bioware replies to this and says "lol jk, sharp dresser/the new event achievements are unavailable to players who didn't get their stuff 2 years ago, sux 4 u." then these items WILL be returned to the game at some point -Or- the item requirement for the achievements will be removed.

If the Pale/Crimson raklings are random drops, then that's cool (still want to see more evidence, preferably from Dulfy). And yeah, Midnight Rakling is available from HM LI as a rare drop, so not too bothered by that one.

What about the founder title? That was released before collections...do you want them to remove the founder title from collections because new people can't get it?

Like I said, people need to get over the fact they can't get certain achievements because they weren't playing the game at a particular time. Talk about entitled lol...

Quoting myself from another thread:

I'm not bothered by items being available to players who missed out the first time around.

The Founder title is another example of something should be made available to everyone (make it be subscribed for 12 consecutive months or 24 months total, something like that). Why?

Well, let's see, say you have 2 people, Player A and Player B.

Player A bought the game at launch or 1 month after, lost interest, unsubbed, but got the Founder title. Player A comes back for new ops release, beats them both, complains that there's no content, unsubs again, but during his return, wears the Founder title proudly.

Player B bought the game right after the founder title giveaway expired, but has been subscribed every month since, never unsubbed, buys cartel coins, etc., but no Founder title to wear.

Comparing those 2 players, Player B is obviously more deserving of the title in that she has supported the game more than Player A. Yet Player A, when he decides to log in randomly as F2P, can throw the title in the face of Player B and pretend that he's supported the game since launch, when in reality, it is Player B who has.

Bottom line: if you're playing the game now and supporting it now, and will continue to support it in the future, you should be able to obtain any item you want with varying degrees of effort.

There should be rare items in the game, i.e., EC Nightmare Tank, Red Sphere Mount, Dessler Explorer, etc., but they should be Rare/require effort, not unobtainable.

Btw, the Player A/Player B example was from 2 people I know in game, one who's a perma-sub without the founder title and the other who basically comes back every 6 months or so, trashes the game, then unsubs again, but with the founder title and was around since beta.

So yes, the Founder title should either be removed from collections or be given to subs.

Quoting myself from another thread:

So yes, the Founder title should either be removed from collections or be given to subs.

You do know what the Founder title is right? It was given to the first subscribers of this game. I guess those people who can never get the founder title need to suck it up

The Founder title is another example of something should be made available to everyone (make it be subscribed for 12 consecutive months or 24 months total, something like that). Why?

Again, the founder title is the title for players who were the first subs of this game, doesn't matter how long they've been playing. A different title should be given to long term players if anything.

Player B bought the game right after the founder title giveaway expired, but has been subscribed every month since, never unsubbed, buys cartel coins, etc., but no Founder title to wear.

This is why they don't deserve to get the founder title because they bought the game after it was expired.....your friend is obviously butthurt.

7/10 for making me reply.

Edited by Uelle

I'd like an answer to this too. In addition, 2 of the achievements require the pale/crimson rakling. New players will be unable to get the Lord of the Rakghouls title without it.

I'd like to see both sets of armor (imperial/republic containment officer) and the pets (pale/crimson rakling) added to the event before it ends.

I actually got the Pale Rakling from one Elite plaguebearer on the Capital City of Imperial Alderaan ( forgot name, Thul? )

In the main cities plaguebearers are attacking people on the streets. One such mob attacked me yesterday, the mob included one Elite ( gold ) plaguebearer. He dropped the Pale Rakling to my big surprise :D

So, yeah, I can confirm that Pale Rakling is dropping from mobs related to the event in the main cities.

Show me in the TOS where it says that anyone who plays this game or pays a subscription is entitled to everything in the game-- past, present and future. You are NOT entitled to everything that was ever in the game. You had the chance to get the limited time armors and CHOSE not to do so, by your own admission. Now you want to cry foul because you CHOSE not to do something. You want to blame someone else for the consequences of YOUR decision.

Anyone and thier mother can look at a list and cross items off one at a time. What makes this achievement an ACHIEVEMENT is that those who obtained the armors did so just to obtain them and not just to check them off on some list.

If you bought a tv today and 2 months later it went on sale and they gave a free blue ray player, would you complain and expect a refund and a free blue ray player? After all, you would have had to be psychic to know the tv would go on sale and they would be giving free blue ray players.

As I said in another post, think of it this way.

They are NOT punishing you for not being "psychic", but they ARE REWARDING those who obtained the limited time armors for no reason other than "just because".

May they could add another achievement with the new armors and call it the "entitled dresser".

Show me in the TOS where it says that anyone who plays this game or pays a subscription is entitled to everything in the game-- past, present and future. You are NOT entitled to everything that was ever in the game. You had the chance to get the limited time armors and CHOSE not to do so, by your own admission. Now you want to cry foul because you CHOSE not to do something. You want to blame someone else for the consequences of YOUR decision.

Anyone and thier mother can look at a list and cross items off one at a time. What makes this achievement an ACHIEVEMENT is that those who obtained the armors did so just to obtain them and not just to check them off on some list.

If you bought a tv today and 2 months later it went on sale and they gave a free blue ray player, would you complain and expect a refund and a free blue ray player? After all, you would have had to be psychic to know the tv would go on sale and they would be giving free blue ray players.

As I said in another post, think of it this way.

They are NOT punishing you for not being "psychic", but they ARE REWARDING those who obtained the limited time armors for no reason other than "just because".

May they could add another achievement with the new armors and call it the "entitled dresser".

Using that reasoning they could invent an achievement with the title "Psychic" that demands someone to have logged in on May 23, 2012 between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., killed more than 10 mobs each on Taris, Hoth and Corellia while using two different vehicles and bought at least three items from the GTN without paying more than 5K for each item.

And to those complaining, that it is not achievable anymore, they could say, "Well, tough luck, because you chose to not do at least one of those items."

An acceptable solution would be something like what ME3 did with the "Best of the Best" banner that originally included participation in some of the weekend events. After those were discontinued they added some alternative requirements so it became possible for those that joined later in the Multiplayer aspect.

In this case they could keep the achievement and offer an alternative, e.g. something like "Owns the complete set from the first or the second event".

Edited by Shoraan

Many other games solve this problem by having a separate section for achievements that can no longer be obtained or are otherwise unfairly difficult. Wow calls them feats of strength. This would be my preferred solution - the people who got the achievement in the past can keep it, but it won't prevent new players from getting to 100% completion.

Using that reasoning they could invent an achievement with the title "Psychic" that demands someone to have logged in on May 23, 2012 between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., killed more than 10 mobs each on Taris, Hoth and Corellia while using two different vehicles and bought at least three items from the GTN without paying more than 5K for each item.

And to those complaining, that it is not achievable anymore, they could say, "Well, tough luck, because you chose to not do at least one of those items."

They certainly could do that, and they would be well within their rights according to the TOS which you and every other player signed.

Do I expect them to do that? No. Do I hope that they leave a VERY REASONABLE requirement for a unique achievement in place rather than cater to the "entitled" who simply CHOSE not obtain the armors, or those who CHOSE not to play the game while they were available. Yes, I do.

The funny thing about this is that some of those complaining that they CHOSE not to get the armors want to call themselves a completionist. A true completionist would have obtained those armors because without them they did not do the event 100%. I guess some of those complaining are only faux completionists. If they can't be caught having skimped on something, they don't bother doing it.

Many other games solve this problem by having a separate section for achievements that can no longer be obtained or are otherwise unfairly difficult. Wow calls them feats of strength. This would be my preferred solution - the people who got the achievement in the past can keep it, but it won't prevent new players from getting to 100% completion.

Again, show me in the TOS where it says that you or anyone else is entitled to everything that was ever in the game.

New players are NOT entitled to everything that was ever in the game. Players who were not playing during limited time events are not entitled to everything that was ever in the game. Players who CHOSE not to obtain limited time items are NOT entitled to everything that was ever in the game.

Johnny has a cool pet that was only available for a limited time during the time that Jimmy decided he didn't want to play. Guess what? IMO, Jimmy should not have that pet.

Jimmy decides that he'd rather spend his Chevin currency on bowcasters and the speeder and CHOOSES not to get the armor. Guess what? IMO, Jimmy should not get the armor or the achievement tied to that armor.

They certainly could do that, and they would be well within their rights according to the TOS which you and every other player signed.

Do I expect them to do that? No. Do I hope that they leave a VERY REASONABLE requirement for a unique achievement in place rather than cater to the "entitled" who simply CHOSE not obtain the armors, or those who CHOSE not to play the game while they were available. Yes, I do.

The funny thing about this is that some of those complaining that they CHOSE not to get the armors want to call themselves a completionist. A true completionist would have obtained those armors because without them they did not do the event 100%. I guess some of those complaining are only faux completionists. If they can't be caught having skimped on something, they don't bother doing it.

But what is a reasonable requirement? What if they came up with "Killed 1000 Rakghouls during the first outbreak" or "Infected 100 players" or "Prevented infection 20 times by using vaccine"? All these wouldn't be more or less reasonable than "Owns the armor sets".

Of course they had every right and I'm not disputing that. I am merely agreeing that any requirement that can only be met before an achievement system is introduced is simply unreasonable.

By the way, I don't argue, because I want all the achievements, since I would never attempt to get to a 100% in this game. (It took me over 300 hours to get the Best of the Best banner in ME3. I'd imagine it would be ten times as much to get to 100% here.) I just agree with the notion "An achievement system only makes sense if the achievements can be completed at any given time."

Again, show me in the TOS where it says that you or anyone else is entitled to everything that was ever in the game.

I doubt that the TOS have anything to do with that question.

New players are NOT entitled to everything that was ever in the game. Players who were not playing during limited time events are not entitled to everything that was ever in the game. Players who CHOSE not to obtain limited time items are NOT entitled to everything that was ever in the game.

I completely agree with that. The same can be said for the Cartel Market. If you want that item from the CM, buy it with CC. I'm fine with that.

Johnny has a cool pet that was only available for a limited time during the time that Jimmy decided he didn't want to play. Guess what? IMO, Jimmy should not have that pet.

I agree.

Jimmy decides that he'd rather spend his Chevin currency on bowcasters and the speeder and CHOOSES not to get the armor. Guess what? IMO, Jimmy should not get the armor or the achievement tied to that armor.

And here I would agree if you removed the achievement from your statement, because armor/pet != achievement.

Edited by Shoraan

And thus we have it yet again: the battle of the Special Snowflakes vs. the Entitled.

:rolleyes:

I really don't know which side is more immature.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I doubt that the TOS have anything to do with that question.

I completely agree with that. The same can be said for the Cartel Market. If you want that item from the CM, buy it with CC. I'm fine with that.

I agree.

And here I would agree if you removed the achievement from your statement, because armor/pet != achievement.

No one is entitled to all achievements any more than they are entitled to all pets or armors. If someone does not meet the requirements for an achievement while able to do so, whether or not they know it is or may be required for an achievement, then they don't earn the achievement.

They can either accept this like mature, responsible adults or they can whine, cry, throw temper tantrums, try to blame someone else for the consequences of THEIR decisions and bang their fists on the floor while holding their breath like petulant children.

Played the game back then when there was no achevements in game AND all set bonuses were attached to the shell, not the armoring. So for my raid team, and many others using the containment gear, was not an option. The set bonuses for my set back in the day were useful and I needed them. I didn't keep the containment gear in my inventory, because there was no need for it.

If someone does not meet the requirements for an achievement while able to do so, whether or not they know it is or may be required for an achievement, then they don't earn the achievement.

I earned all of it, I completed 100% of the previous event, but because I didn't keep something that was useless to me at the time I can't get the sharp dresser. I was hoping they would bring it back. even to buy off of a vendor or something so that people in my situation would be able to complete the achievement. I do agree with some off the posters that retroacting achievements sucks for long time players.

Most of the achievements can be completed as you level your legacy, TBH when they implemented the achievement system I had already leveled 8 toons. I was saddened by the fact that newer players leveling their legacy will complete more achievements that I have, due to the fact that I am not going to farm 1000 mobs or re level 8 toons.

This is not just an issue with the containment gear, it sucks but I am glad they put the achievements in. I am glad the game has more features today than it had at launch. Regardless it is a little unfair to long time subs to retroact this stuff and not give us credit for things we did in the past.

No one is entitled to all achievements any more than they are entitled to all pets or armors. If someone does not meet the requirements for an achievement while able to do so, whether or not they know it is or may be required for an achievement, then they don't earn the achievement.

They can either accept this like mature, responsible adults or they can whine, cry, throw temper tantrums, try to blame someone else for the consequences of THEIR decisions and bang their fists on the floor while holding their breath like petulant children.

If I tell my kids that we're going for an ice cream today but only the older one gets one but the younger one doesn't, because she didn't paint a picture for me yesterday like the older one did, she would be justified in calling that unfair, if I had never stated that painting a picture is a requirement to get ice cream. And I would not expect her to accept that (nor would I want her to whine, obviously), but I would expect her to question my reasoning for coming up with that idea and challenge me to reevaluate that condition.