Solution for Rakghoul event complaints: Make fictional quarantine work.

DarthVindictus

All you have to do to keep people from really complaining about the event, is make the quarantine on Alderaan actually have an effect. The news says that the planet is quarantined and any ships trying to leave the planet will be destroyed. Yet people can fly unhindered from Alderaan whether by personal starship or various types of shuttle including fleet passes, warzone queues, or flashpoint queues.

If an infected person is transported off of Alderaan by any means, they should die, and then when they respawn, their infection is gone.

Keep the event on alderaan where it belongs.

I agree completely, but what's easier for the devs: making a lousy event and then moving on to the next lousy event, or fixing something? This is a griefers paradise so there's a tidal wave of support for it from all the people otherwise bored with the game. :D

If memory serves me right, when you traveled back to the fleet on your ship, you were attacked by security forces both inside and outside your ship instance. Haven't noticed if that still happens.

Either way, they could just make it harder, because it sure wasn't back then.

I miss the original event, they made it so good, this is just another bunch of static daily's.

THe old event you were attacked b security at all spaceports by security if you were infected.

Each day gave you incentive to unlock an extra daily and a peice of containment armor.

No rep was involved and if you didn't do those dailies then you missed out on the whole set.

It was just a brilliant event.

I was so hoping they brought back the same event but I am forever left with missing one piece of republic containment armor.

This new event just does not get me exited, it just doesn't fit in with the lore and I don't feel the same as I did when I got to Tatooine in the original event. The open world pvp was epic at the dealers den killing the world boss while fighting off the imps.

I was in the server first ops group for that world boss on the Dalborra server with Phoenixangel from Reverence as the ops leader.

I remember having to ticket the support as no loot dropped and we didn't get the codex for it.

Then the servers went down just a few hours after that to fix the bugs with the event.

To this day none of the new event could match the the first Rakghoul event ever.

Edited by keitzy

I miss the original event, they made it so good, this is just another bunch of static daily's.

THe old event you were attacked b security at all spaceports by security if you were infected.

Each day gave you incentive to unlock an extra daily and a peice of containment armor.

No rep was involved and if you didn't do those dailies then you missed out on the whole set.

It was just a brilliant event.

I was so hoping they brought back the same event but I am forever left with missing one piece of republic containment armor.

This new event just does not get me exited, it just doesn't fit in with the lore and I don't feel the same as I did when I got to Tatooine in the original event. The open world pvp was epic at the dealers den killing the world boss while fighting off the imps.

I was in the server first ops group for that world boss on the Dalborra server with Phoenixangel from Reverence as the ops leader.

I remember having to ticket the support as no loot dropped and we didn't get the codex for it.

Then the servers went down just a few hours after that to fix the bugs with the event.

To this day none of the new event could match the the first Rakghoul event ever.

Fail to see why the new version doesn't fit with the lore to be honest, if only THORN was actually established due to the outbreak that occurred on Tatooine.

As for why there was an outbreak this time on Alderaan, several hypothesis do crop up last I checked.

I think this event is ridiculous, because people who do not want to participate in it are being forced to pay in-game money to avoid getting infected, either that or they waste their paid playing time just staying out of the game.

STUPID event, if you ask me. At least the snowballs from Life Day could be cleared if it bothered you.

All you have to do to keep people from really complaining about the event, is make the quarantine on Alderaan actually have an effect. The news says that the planet is quarantined and any ships trying to leave the planet will be destroyed. Yet people can fly unhindered from Alderaan whether by personal starship or various types of shuttle including fleet passes, warzone queues, or flashpoint queues.

If an infected person is transported off of Alderaan by any means, they should die, and then when they respawn, their infection is gone.

Keep the event on alderaan where it belongs.

Well if you look at the achievements. The Rakghoul event will eventually move to Tatooine and Corellia. So it's clearly not going to remain on Alderaan.

Edited by MisterBlackJack

Well if you look at the achievements. The Rakghoul event will eventually move to Tatooine and Corellia. So it's clearly not going to remain on Alderaan.

Okay, so keep it on the quarantined planets as it spreads to those planets, but not the fleet, not warzones, not flashpoints, and not starter/capital planets where people go specifically to grief people who can't afford the vaccines.

The people who are enjoying the infection part of the event are doing so because they have a griefer mentality, they get joy out of disrupting other people's games and making them frustrated. Their fun comes out of making other people not have fun. Why is this encouraged by the devs?

Okay, so keep it on the quarantined planets as it spreads to those planets, but not the fleet, not warzones, not flashpoints, and not starter/capital planets where people go specifically to grief people who can't afford the vaccines.

The people who are enjoying the infection part of the event are doing so because they have a griefer mentality, they get joy out of disrupting other people's games and making them frustrated. Their fun comes out of making other people not have fun. Why is this encouraged by the devs?

Actually it's the DEVS who are wanting everyone to be involved in the event (grief'd per you) since there is a daily and there are cheevos in place for infecting up to 100 players. Their game....their rules! Sooooo sowwwwy.:(

You know what the real solution is? Vaccine.

'Nuff said!

Yeah, it's horrible to have to play with other players in a multi-player game.

You going to offer to pay for the vaccine for people? Because last I knew, getting your fun by taking money out of other people's pockets is also a form of griefing.

People sometimes don't have money on every character, people sometimes are saving for something big and don't want to dip into their savings because of your griefer behavior. People sometimes are new players on new accounts and literally can't afford to fork out money like that. The vaccine doesn't persist through death, so PVP'ers are really getting screwed over by griefers exploding in the middle of a warzone or before one.

There are actually some jerk players going back to starter planets or capital planets specifically to infect low level players who probably can't afford the vaccine, and laughing at them when they complain because their gameplay is being disrupted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.