PvP Issues and Fix's

JediDuckling

after testing out PvP ive noticed alot of problems and have come up with fix's to sort out the problem on most of the issues.

(PVP LVL BRACKETS)

we all know that the bolster system is not going to cut it, specialy how it leaves players below lvl 40 or so as a very high disadvantage as its unbalanced and unfair,due to the gear abilitys and spec rolls.

so warzones must and realy do need lvl brackets adding to make the pvp warzones alot more fun and fair and balanced

id sujest brackets of 10-25 25-39 40-50 <--- the 40-50 brackets would be the start of the lvl 40 pvp gear from the vendors.

(IMPERIAL vs REPUBLIC)

now testing all the class's ive come to notice that the imperial class's are far superior to the republic class's, i do not know if this was intended but it certainly is not fair when it comes to pvp.

were as testing damage taken, multiple lvl ranges and class's from the republic are only hitting me for around 1.5k to 2k now were as the imperial class's all range of lvl's are hitting me for around 2.8k to 5k. these are average numbers taken from multiple tests.

this must be sorted out or players are all just going to reroll imperial.

(WARZONE AFK AND SPAWN BARRIERS)

the barrier that alows you to leave the spawn in warzones needs ajusting. at times the barrier is down for around 3 seconds or less to enable you to leave the spawn.alot of the time you spawn after you die. miss the barrier down time and get stuck in the spawn, resulting being kicked from the warzone.

an issue that needs resolving.

(CROWD CONTROLL ABILITYS and DEMINISHING RETURNS)

there is far to many CC abilitys in SWTOR and deminishing returns needs deminishing returns. you are able to lituraly stun lock players to death and this is bad for pvp. there is no skill involved by doing this and it ruins the point of pvp.

class's like bounty hunters that are pretty OP right now have far to many CC abilitys.

by adding deminishing returns would greatly even out pvp.

these are just some idea's and problems i fount within the first few days of playing, i picked these problems up straight away and i am wondering why they was not picked up in the beta.

(ABILITY RANGE ATTACKS)

ive noticed the range on abilitys and attacks is far to large. it leaves melee at a great disadvantage for how far the range is.

you are able to attack players with ranged abilitys from the other side of the map lituraly.

this will not work on MMO's there has to be a more limited range. SWTOR is not an fps game it is an mmo.

the range on most range abilitys must be toned down. other than class's like sniper were they should have an extra 5metre's of range compared to other range class's as an example.

thats what the bolster is for, and it works pretty well

once again, a thread about l2p issues

the bolster system does not work for all. it works for the 40+ players but for the players below this struggle as they lack abilitys gear and class spec points.

although it seem it does start getting better after around lvl 30 when you star tactualy getting gear and ability points.

it is not a l2p issue at all specialy when you cant use all your abilitys gear and spec point build abilitys and passive's etc.

the only player that seem to be disagree'ing so far are above lvl 30+ that dont have an issue.

there is also an imbalance of the imperial class's as they hit about roughly 3x harder than any republic class's do and this alone is a major issue.

Edited by JediDuckling

lvl brackets will work and will even out the problems of lvl 40+ praying on the low lvl class's for free and easy kills.

You really need to stop extrapolating your own experiences to think what happens to YOU happens to everyone. I have absolutely no problem competing against and killing red con players including those who are 40+ with my lower level character.

You've been spamming this forum with your poor logic and insulated viewpoint now for a few days, and it grows tiresome. YOU ARE WRONG.

Here is a movie of myself solo killing red cons with my 10-19 character.

At the moment, I am uploading a video of my 20-29 character solo killing red con 40+ players.

You are just flat out wrong, man. The bolster system is working very well. You are either playing a class that is lacking in abilities to compete at low levels or you are just simply.... not a good player. That it's, man. Those are the only two possibilities.

The only thing we need is a 50s only bracket to protect us from GEARED 50s.

Edited by Raggok

now testing all the class's ive come to notice that the imperial class's are far superior to the republic class's

Are you serious? Do you even realize what a fool you are? Perhaps you are just trolling. In either case you should be banned from the forum for spouting stupidity.

now testing all the class's ive come to notice that the imperial class's are far superior to the republic class's, i do not know if this was intended but it certainly is not fair when it comes to pvp.

were as testing damage taken, multiple lvl ranges and class's from the republic are only hitting me for around 1.5k to 2k now were as the imperial class's all range of lvl's are hitting me for around 2.8k to 5k. these are average numbers taken from multiple tests.

Please elaborate. You say imperials of ALL lvl ranges were hitting you for 2.8k to 5K. I played 12+ matches last night. Not once did i hit a single republic player for more than 1300. That was a crit from rain of fire.

No offense but your pulling these numbers out of your ***.

Bolstering works. It works well. I don't go into a pvp match expecting anything less than prepared opponents. They better have the best gear, because I'm going to **** them up otherwise. I did last night, and will continue to. I'm lvl 15 btw.

after testing out PvP ive noticed alot of problems and have come up with fix's to sort out the problem on most of the issues.

(PVP LVL BRACKETS)

we all know that the bolster system is not going to cut it, specialy how it leaves players below lvl 40 or so as a very high disadvantage as its unbalanced and unfair,due to the gear abilitys and spec rolls.

so warzones must and realy do need lvl brackets adding to make the pvp warzones alot more fun and fair and balanced

id sujest brackets of 10-25 25-39 40-50 <--- the 40-50 brackets would be the start of the lvl 40 pvp gear from the vendors.

This isn't wow. There are no twink brackets and you get fast exp from pvp matches.

You are advancing too quickly for any of that to have any meaning. A year from now it would simply mean no pvp until level 50.

(IMPERIAL CLASS'S)

yes its now a defunate fact that imperial class's are far superior in damage than the republic and this is a huge problem for pvp.

imperial class's need further looking at and nerfing in certain area's.

I don't know what a "defunate" fact is, you aren't showing any facts, your talking out of your ***.

I'll address the rest as well...

(IMPERIAL vs REPUBLIC)

this must be sorted out or players are all just going to reroll imperial. [/Quote]

This gets said in every game. I actually deeply suspect the classes are photo negatives of each other with skin changes for effects.

(WARZONE AFK AND SPAWN BARRIERS)

the barrier that alows you to leave the spawn in warzones needs ajusting. at times the barrier is down for around 3 seconds or less to enable you to leave the spawn.alot of the time you spawn after you die. miss the barrier down time and get stuck in the spawn, resulting being kicked from the warzone.

an issue that needs resolving.

Word. The death glitches in HB that kick you out suck as well.

(CROWD CONTROLL ABILITYS and DEMINISHING RETURNS)

there is far to many CC abilitys in SWTOR and deminishing returns needs deminishing returns. you are able to lituraly stun lock players to death and this is bad for pvp. there is no skill involved by doing this and it ruins the point of pvp.

class's like bounty hunters that are pretty OP right now have far to many CC abilitys.

by adding deminishing returns would greatly even out pvp.

these are just some idea's and problems i fount within the first few days of playing, i picked these problems up straight away and i am wondering why they was not picked up in the beta.

Resolve is supposed to fix this. Either the player base isn't using it well or it is a bad as you described.