2.6 - GSF and PvP to have own Qs - why not Arenas too?

DarthMaulUK

Not everyone wanted Arenas, not everyone plays Arenas - so with the changes coming in 2.6 to try and increase the numbers in GSF, can you PLEASE put Arenas in their own Q system?

Yes, it's been explained that Arenas are a 'type' of Warzone, therefore being placed in the regular Q system but seriously?!! Logic says 8v8 is a TYPE and 4v4 is a TYPE.

It's unfair on those who also join a 4v4 halfway through and spawn dead as this comes off their weekly allowance if they are a preferred status player.

Probably the same reason you can't queue for individual warzones; adding that ability would be similar to admitting mistakes. If you could pick your warzone, huttball would completely die out. If you could queue for warzones but not arenas... not going to say arenas would die out entirely, but they are a lot less popular and so people would be stuck in queue limbo for them.

You underestimate the power of Huttball. Lots of players actually like it, myself included.

I can name enough late night pvpers that love huttball to form 8 full teams on my server alone...

Arena, however, is quite reviled and disliked...there is a reason ranked PvP is a joke. (the broken relics don't help matters).

I support the OP!

Please give arenas their own queue, so I can avoid them! Whenever I see an arena loading screen pop up, it is a total disappointment. They just are not the same as a real war zone and do not offer the same thing.

Also, I love Huttball! If that were its own queue, I'd be in it a lot.

You underestimate the power of Huttball. Lots of players actually like it, myself included.

Indeed! Huttball is amazing, lots of fun if you know what you're actually doing, which unfortunately the majority people who hate it don't :p If I had the option to only play huttball in normals i would.

Back to the point of the thread - I'd have to agree with you, when I WANT to play arena's I play ranked so that i can get a good chance of actually winning with a hopefully geared up and good team. Being forced into normal arena's however is just frustrating and extremely one sided 80% of the time(totally not a randomly made up figure).

And don't get me started on lowbie arena's...........

Edited by micnevv

You underestimate the power of Arenas. Lots of players actually like it, myself included.

Arenas are not their own game, like GSF. Arenas are just another game mode of PvP - sometimes you defend turrets on Alderaan, sometimes you break through gates in Voidstar and sometimes you enter a 4v4 deathmatch on Makeb. Yeah, it has more than one map, but soon so will Huttball (once we get that quesh map).

I strongly dislike Huttball and love Arenas, and I don't go around posting "remove Huttball"-threads. But for the sake of being constructive, instead of asking for things to be segregated and removed, how about we instead give the players the option to blacklist one game mode from their PvP menu? That way the selection is still mostly random but those that hate Hypergate can avoid Hypergate, those that hate Arenas won't have to set foot into an Arena... and most importantly, those that DO enjoy them don't have them removed because someone else hates them.

Probably the same reason you can't queue for individual warzones; adding that ability would be similar to admitting mistakes. If you could pick your warzone, huttball would completely die out. If you could queue for warzones but not arenas... not going to say arenas would die out entirely, but they are a lot less popular and so people would be stuck in queue limbo for them.

I love when people think that just because they don't like something that automatically everyone else must hate it...

Plenty of people really like huttball, some even who hate PvP.

Plenty of people like the arenas.

I love when people think that just because they don't like something that automatically everyone else must hate it...

Plenty of people really like huttball, some even who hate PvP.

Plenty of people like the arenas.

Did I write everyone hates it? I can't see any claims of "everyone" anywhere in my post. Nor do I personally have a hatred of huttball. I think it's somewhat ridiculous with the players in question being who they are, but that's it. So I'm afraid you're going to have to find some other post to love.

Of course there's plenty of people who like arenas and huttball. With thousands of players it would be weird if noone did. This thread is the first place I've observed people with a liking of and interest in pvp ever express a non-negative opinion of it though so I haven't had a reason to believe it's popular at all. I stand by my claim though; if people could opt into only some types of pvp then the unpopular ones would suffer for it. And that's a headache Bioware probably doesn't want.

I never thought about the impact arena dropping has on preferred players. That really sucks :( Too bad the developers refuse to listen to players about this. I seriously doubt if they had pvp set up with check boxes like flashpoints have that the queue time would be much longer. Sure, unpopular maps would take longer, but the queue over all wouldn't. Edited by Damask_Rose
typos

Not everyone wanted Arenas, not everyone plays Arenas - so with the changes coming in 2.6 to try and increase the numbers in GSF, can you PLEASE put Arenas in their own Q system?

Yes, it's been explained that Arenas are a 'type' of Warzone, therefore being placed in the regular Q system but seriously?!! Logic says 8v8 is a TYPE and 4v4 is a TYPE.

It's unfair on those who also join a 4v4 halfway through and spawn dead as this comes off their weekly allowance if they are a preferred status player.

Add a vote for "yes please" ... +5.

• 2 weeks later...
If you could pick your warzone, huttball would completely die out.

I doubt that. I'd be in Huttball queue all day. Only reason I even sub to SWTOR is for Huttball. LOL.

PS: Bioware, Arenas suck donkey d***s!

Edited by ayobreezie

They should give arenas their own queue for one reason and one reason only ----> so everyone can observe clearly how unpopular they are and be done with all the nonsense.

/two-cents

And even if they are the most unpopular pieces of ****; the people who like them can play them without raging whiners quitting again and again and condemning them to a loss.

And even if they are the most unpopular pieces of ****; the people who like them can play them without raging whiners quitting again and again and condemning them to a loss.

I don't like arenas myself as much as warzones but I tolerate them because they are fast and work to my daily quickly. Personally I think it was a mistake to do ranked with arenas though, 8v8 should have been kept, and motivational exclusive rewards should have been added, teased, revealed, whatever. I do know a few people who like arenas, many for the same reason I tolerate, they are fast and time-economic

I don't like arenas myself as much as warzones but I tolerate them because they are fast and work to my daily quickly. Personally I think it was a mistake to do ranked with arenas though, 8v8 should have been kept, and motivational exclusive rewards should have been added, teased, revealed, whatever. I do know a few people who like arenas, many for the same reason I tolerate, they are fast and time-economic

I like Unranked Arenas, and would love if they had a matchmaking system.

Ranked Arenas, I don't mind, but I seriously wish they had left Ranked Wzs.