The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech DPS? Please help!

Frost_D

Hello!

Could someone help me? I've just came back to the game. The last time when I played the game it was before 1.2 patch. I'm looking for a guide and my question is which build should I use in PvP as a DPS Powertech?

And I heard some nerf about Powertech Hybrid spec in the next patch 2.6.

What is the Hybtid spec?

Is that a Tank spec or DPS?

The DPS spec in 2.6 still be viable?

For PvP, both DPS trees are viable. The question is do you want more burst and dynamic survivability? or do you want to kill everything and have more passive survivability?

As for the hybrids, there were 2 hybrids running around. First was the PvE Pyrotech/AP Hybrid. This spec was the most competitive of the 3 PT DPS options, as it had the heat management and high power Rail Shots from pyrotech combined with the obscenely powerful AoE capabilities of AP.

The other hybrid was a shield spec/AP hybrid for PvP purposes. That thing was broke as hell.

So for PvP you should be fine with either tree, but in PvE you might want to stick to tanking if you dont like being looked down on like the poor Jugg DPS's.

• 2 weeks later...
What do you think about these spec for PvP?

(2/22/22)

(8/22/16)

Which one should I use in PvP for better DPS?

Neither are good for PVP.

1. Neither has rebounder, automated defenses, Degauss, or the rebraced armor.

You'll get cut to ribbons with no defensive cooldowns. Being a free kill is no fun.

2. The prototype flamethrower won't work without high energy cylinder next patch.

That makes both builds mediocre at best.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

You either want to use 4-6-36 (pyro) or 8-36-2 (AP). Nothing else works in PvP. These builds you mentioned have no burst and are severely lacking on defense, so you are spamming dot damage and a free kill.

I see. I found these:

(8/36/2)

(4/6/36)

So what do you think which one should I use for DPS in PvP? Or the these two are equal?