The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Overkill (power) versus Reflex (Aim) augments

Brunner_Venda

Nobody is answering this, so I tested it last night.

Changing the augments, I lost somewhere between 1-2% crit, and gained 9 bonus damage. I also switched out all of my Agile 29AX mods for 29X, and got rid of most of my CRIT, and gained another 40 or so bonus damage. The result is over 1320 or so bonus damage out of a warzone, and 1460 or so inside. Doing this, I lost around 1K? health and went from 32K to 31K something.

However, in PVP it felt like I was hitting harder. By a lot. My first rail shot crit was over 8K

It could have been just lucky rolls.

It could be that power has no DR and stacking 1500-2000 of it (power proc) hits like a brick.

It could be that my 2500 AIM worked better with the mainstat proc relic with less DR on the +600 relic bonuses. This is my favorite theory.

The damage done was about the same or slightly higher, but I definitely noticed more finishing blows and solo kills.

I'll need to parse it out both ways on a dummy.

Changes:

Replaced AGILE 29AX mods with AGILE 29X

Replaced Reflex Augs with Overkill ( purple)

Replaced NIMBLE 29AX mods with AGILE 29X

Replaced alacrity and accuracy mods with SURGE

This... Kills anything within 10M range. I face tanked three people and burned them down before I ran out of defensive cool downs. Fully min-maxed mods on a PT pyro is probably well over the OP line.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Duran'del here:

Mainstat augments are always BiS if you take the 9% bonus.

Mainstat helps with Bonus damage and critical chance, whereas Power increases bonus damage only.

This.

Augments use main stat if you have 6% or 9% increase in your talent tree. Always go with unlettered mods.

I think the math question was answered before regarding augs. I will give you the math.

1 power gives 0.23 bonus damage. 1 Aim gives 0.2 bonus damage and ~0.0027% critic, then multiply these factors by 14% for 9% from tree and inquisitor buff .

For total 14 augs:

Aim: provides 102.14 bonus damage and ~1.35% critic.

Power: provides 103.05.

With 14 power augs you gain less than 1 bonus damage and lose 1.35% critic. Do not use overkill augs.

On another note, pyro is not OP. It relies too much on RNG, and when RNG is on your side you can deal insane damage. When it is not, you hit like we noodles. Add to that over reliance on dots and RNG resource management, I would hardly call this "OP." It just feels so when you hit 4-5 constructive critcs. Pyro and carnage marauder though are best single target dps currently. I was hoping that merc and sniper will catch-up in 2.6, yet snipers got nerfed and merc got crap buffs (healing aside), so it will remain pyro and carnage.

Edited by Ottoattack