Share everything

Crashedhardrive

For a game about alts there is a surprising lack of synergy between them. I propose the following:

1. Shared credit pool.

2. Shared Cargo Hold with a different tab for each alt.

3. Ability to queue all your crew skills from all your characters from the character you are on.

4. Shared Comms between all characters with an increased limit on the number of comms you can have of a single type.

5. Shared Vehicles.

6. Shared Pets

Why some of this stuff wasn't in there to begin with I will never know, but these would be huge QoL improvements.

For a game about alts there is a surprising lack of synergy between them. I propose the following:

1. Shared credit pool.

It's called "the mail box."

4. Shared Comms between all characters with an increased limit on the number of comms you can have of a single type.

The point of "earning" comms is ... "earning" comms, not twinking them.

5. Shared Vehicles.

6. Shared Pets

Unlock via Collections.

1. Shared credit pool.

Maybe a Legacy deposit ability, which allows the deposit of credits for withdrawal from any alt. Must then withdraw from the alt to use the credits, and the UI for it is always accessible from the footer of your inventory window. An immediately shared credit pool like you're suggesting might be better, though some people might not like it since then they can't set any credits aside for usage by only one of their characters.

Each alt can have 5 cargo bays of their own, so the UI for showing all 5 from every alt is a little unwieldy. I would suggest adding 5-10 cargo bays of shared space, that every Legacy character can access, and that every character can craft using materials from that cargo space. Materials from their personal cargo hold always gets used up first.

3. Ability to queue all your crew skills from all your characters from the character you are on.

This would be amazing. I hate logging across 4 or 5 alts to run all the missions I need. The hassle (the such slow load times) is a major deterrent to such a seemingly simple task. This more or less greatly reduces the amount of crafting anyone with multiple alts will do, which inflates prices unnaturally for a lot of crafted items.

5. Shared Vehicles.

6. Shared Pets

I would say improvements 1 2 and 3 are far more dramatic of an improvement, #4 would allow a new level 55 alt to gear up far too quickly... a full set of 55 alts allows 1 character to get just about a full set of Elite gear in 1 week just from the alts.

1. Shared credit pool.

I send most of my credits to one character anyway :). The rest I maintain a level where I have enough to purchase materials (for crafting), consumables (if wanted), repairs, and training.

This has been asked for many times. I agree it would be nice, but not a necessity.

I have mixed feelings about this. I am a supply limits advocate and this would create more materials, but I would not oppose its addition.

This is what BoL gear is for. Acquire BoL gear, use one character's comms to purchase gear for another, rip mods out of BoP gear and install them in BoL gear, mail to alt. Sure it can cost upwards of 60k credits to rip, install, rip, install per piece but that's a small price to pay.

5. Shared Vehicles.

6. Shared Pets

It's called collections. You want to unlock these vanity/cosmetic items on all characters pay the CCs.

Good feedback guys.

However, I'm seeing a lot of people shooting down some of the ideas because we have option X which is far less elegant than what I'm proposing.

Yes, we have a mail box. That, however, is not the point. The point would be to make it vastly easier to, at a glance, see how many credits you have on this server and reduced the need to find a mail box, compose the message, log out, log back in (accounting for the load time for whatever corner of the galaxy you left your alt), and then again find a mail box to pick it up. Talk about a needless waste of time.

Yes, we have BoL equipment. Doesn't that seem like a needlessly round about way to accomplish such a simple task? With the system I proposed it would make life a lot better.

I will agree with the inflation from the crew skill change, maybe that wont be a good change over all. Still, something to think about I guess.

On the responses to sharing comms. Why would anyone truly care, from a player perspective, if you get to gear out your alts faster? The core idea behind it is that you have already put your time into at least one character to gather the comms in the first place. Why should the user have to grind even more gear just to get another character up and running while on your main your comms just sit there to rot? Seems horribly inefficient to me. It's not like you won't know how to play your class, you still had to grind up to 55 so you presumably know how the class works. From a designer perspective I fully understand that you want your game to have time sinks to keep people on board, but from a player perspective I think the right to do that has been earned. I think a good compromise is to maybe restrict the top tier comms from being shared so that way they can get geared out easier but the player will still have to grind out the max level items.

As far as collections go...yea...paying CCs is obviously their intent and I guess I don't have a specific argument against that other than I just don't want to waste my CCs on unlocking something I have already unlocked. So, in essence I will let that one go, because I suppose if I really wanted it I should pony up the dough and deal. Still would be nice to have access to the vanity items with out the additional cost, but again I will bow before the lords of micro transactions and leave it be.

I guess the idea here is simplification of processes that are basically just unwieldy work arounds at the moment.

Edited by Crashedhardrive

1. Shared credit pool.

5. Shared Vehicles.

6. Shared Pets

Why some of this stuff wasn't in there to begin with I will never know, but these would be huge QoL improvements.

1. Most of my money is on one alt, have several 50+ who can raise 50K per day if more is required.

2. A combination of planning and the Mail function does this for me.

3. I would prefer an option to buy three more crew skills per character, this would solve most of the problems (like most crafting skills needing three mission/gather skills(usually slicing as the extra)) and keep the feel of my alts being seperate.

4. Um, no just no, the comms are for buying the gear for your alt, and sharing them would just extenuate the slight shortages (as they would build).

5. Collections

6. Collections

4. Um, no just no, the comms are for buying the gear for your alt, and sharing them would just extenuate the slight shortages (as they would build).

I don't think this one makes any sense.

First, if the comms are for buying gear for an alt then what's the problem with making them accessible on said alt? No clue what these shortages are that you're talking about, but people are already moving the modifications via BoL items and mailing them which is just a round about way of accomplishing what I suggested.

Just because we have the ability to do something by jumping through a bunch of extra hoops does not mean there shouldn't be any innovation and simplification.

By your logic we would never had invented cars because we can already get there by walking. Let's stop being silly people.

For me the main benefit of having a shared wallet would be when shopping on the GTN, especially for very expensive/rare items.

Items were quantity changes and prices changes are important and have to be monitored often.

A shared wallet would help, kind of how a debit card helps in real life.

It means I can be logged into any one of my many alts,have access to all my credits and not have any obstacles when trying to get a nice deal on the GTN.

You stop being silly first. That analogy is totally inapt. Transportation and computer game features have nothing in common.

Both of them are technological advances created for the simplification of otherwise more taxing processes. Can't believe that actually needed to be said, come on keep up.

Good feedback guys.

However, I'm seeing a lot of people shooting down some of the ideas because we have option X which is far less elegant than what I'm proposing.

Yes, we have a mail box. That, however, is not the point. The point would be to make it vastly easier to, at a glance, see how many credits you have on this server and reduced the need to find a mail box, compose the message, log out, log back in (accounting for the load time for whatever corner of the galaxy you left your alt), and then again find a mail box to pick it up. Talk about a needless waste of time.

Yes, we have BoL equipment. Doesn't that seem like a needlessly round about way to accomplish such a simple task? With the system I proposed it would make life a lot better.

I will agree with the inflation from the crew skill change, maybe that wont be a good change over all. Still, something to think about I guess.

On the responses to sharing comms. Why would anyone truly care, from a player perspective, if you get to gear out your alts faster? The core idea behind it is that you have already put your time into at least one character to gather the comms in the first place. Why should the user have to grind even more gear just to get another character up and running while on your main your comms just sit there to rot? Seems horribly inefficient to me. It's not like you won't know how to play your class, you still had to grind up to 55 so you presumably know how the class works. From a designer perspective I fully understand that you want your game to have time sinks to keep people on board, but from a player perspective I think the right to do that has been earned. I think a good compromise is to maybe restrict the top tier comms from being shared so that way they can get geared out easier but the player will still have to grind out the max level items.

As far as collections go...yea...paying CCs is obviously their intent and I guess I don't have a specific argument against that other than I just don't want to waste my CCs on unlocking something I have already unlocked. So, in essence I will let that one go, because I suppose if I really wanted it I should pony up the dough and deal. Still would be nice to have access to the vanity items with out the additional cost, but again I will bow before the lords of micro transactions and leave it be.

I guess the idea here is simplification of processes that are basically just unwieldy work arounds at the moment.

You do understand the concept of time sinks, I trust. Part of the reason for not having instant gratification is to get us to spend more time playing.

I trust that you know those comms "sitting and rotting" on your main could be used to purchase mods for that alt and then sent to that alt, via legacy gear if necessary. So, if those comms are "sitting and rotting" on your main, then you have only yourself to blame, as they could be put to constructive use.

You do understand the concept of time sinks, I trust. Part of the reason for not having instant gratification is to get us to spend more time playing.

I trust that you know those comms "sitting and rotting" on your main could be used to purchase mods for that alt and then sent to that alt, via legacy gear if necessary. So, if those comms are "sitting and rotting" on your main, then you have only yourself to blame, as they could be put to constructive use.

Yes, these things were addressed in the very thing you quoted. The second part of your response contradicts the first and since it circumvents the time sink already I don't see a reason to not make it easier to do by allowing the alts to directly purchase them. Again though...that was all in the thing you quoted.

Yes, these things were addressed in the very thing you quoted. The second part of your response contradicts the first and since it circumvents the time sink already I don't see a reason to not make it easier to do by allowing the alts to directly purchase them. Again though...that was all in the thing you quoted.

The time sink involved in the second part of my post is the time required to place those mods into a legacy piece and mail that legacy piece to your alt and then remove those mods and place them in the alt's gear. This second part also involves the credit sink, as I mentioned.

I don't think this one makes any sense.

First, if the comms are for buying gear for an alt then what's the problem with making them accessible on said alt? No clue what these shortages are that you're talking about, but people are already moving the modifications via BoL items and mailing them which is just a round about way of accomplishing what I suggested.

The point I was making, and which you have missed, was that each character never has enough coms, if you can share, then the alt you are transfering from has even fewer. Which means he has borrow from another alt to gear up, which leaves another alt with still fewer comms. And so on and so on, until you get an alt who has no comms and no gear.

The time sink involved in the second part of my post is the time required to place those mods into a legacy piece and mail that legacy piece to your alt and then remove those mods and place them in the alt's gear. This second part also involves the credit sink, as I mentioned.

There's also the incentive to complete the rep missions necessary to get your hands on legacy gear. A lot fewer people would run Section X, certain events, etc, if Legacy gear, and unique Legacy gear at that weren't a part of the equation.

There's also the incentive to complete the rep missions necessary to get your hands on legacy gear. A lot fewer people would run Section X, certain events, etc, if Legacy gear, and unique Legacy gear at that weren't a part of the equation.

Very true.

1. Shared credit pool.

5. Shared Vehicles.

6. Shared Pets

I'd combine 1 and 2 to just add a legacy cargo hold, same as a guild bank. You could then buy extra tabs, add creds, withdraw creds... basically I just want a guild bank for my legacy and cross-factional.

3. WOULD LOVE THIS.

4. It would be nice, but probably too easy. Everyone would hit 55 with a full set of top gear and never need to play end game.

5 and 6 is somewhat filled by Collections, but adding everything to Collections would be nice - like if I get a Pale Rakling or a Red Gree Sphere mount.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.