Suggestion: Remove crotch and butt flaps on torso armor.

Knuckleduster

They're fugly and unappealing...in my opinion, and I'm sure many many others'.

Since there may be those who do like having crotch and butt flaps for some reason: make them an optional display item. If it can be done with helmets, why not with crotch and butt flaps?

Edited by Knuckleduster
Rephrased for more inclusiveness

If using most plate-heavy type leggings, the loincloth certainly overlaps... and I wish they'd fix this by either changing the loincloth items to not clip - or reduce the plating size on those particular items with exceptionally raised plating sections.

But yes... I have to agree, certain items that have "excess" details... or horrible shoulder pad extras, like the Battlemaster and all those weird funnel things (Sorc set)... I'd love an option to untrack certain aspects of plenty of items.

Some items EA makes are amazing; then they add that one detail . . . ruins the whole item.

I'd be for moving the flaps to the BELT item, that way those who want to use the chest piece and the bottoms without the flaps can do so by just using a different belt.

I hate the flaps on most items, but there are a few armors with short flaps that look a bit like a miniskirt, so I'd like to be able to continue using those. Would be fine if they were attached to the belt item.

I really didn't think I cared much about this but I just found myself checking out the Vintage Brawler Battle Harness and did not buy it for this entire reason. My character is wearing pants already. This flap is so misplaced it completely ruins the look.

• 2 months later...
Please Bioware remove butt and crotch flaps. There is no need to have these flaps on these armors. Its one thing if you were going to give us these armors with the flaps and turned around and sold ones on the CM without but you are not doing that. Please remove the x-ray protection.

Can't say i've had massive issues with Aesthetic pieces like this, however my only problem with them is when i try to use them with the Regal Miniskirt.

Other than that i can easily tolerate clipping because it's not game breaking, just a minor graphical error that doesn't happen to bother me. Considering the fact a vast majority of outfits out now were not in the original game and never had to be considered for clipping issues.

Regardless, i WOULDN'T MIND having those be an EXTRA slot to place on your character (Keep it simple not have those be adaptable, there is enough of a gearing grind as it is, Plus, class balance would have to be looked at if that is the case), and have it provide no stat boosts.

OR

Make a button like hide head slot and call it "Hide EnterAestheticHere"

I Dont want to see those things go away because i really like them and they work very well with particular outfits i give my characters, but i make do with that is available regardless.

-Nikki <3

The excellent thing would be if most armor items had a big set of toggle switches that would add or remove a bunch of the decorative bibbles on the surface of that particular equipment piece. That would be the cool thing for them to do! . :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
I want to be able to wear all the gree variant chest pieces without the crotch or butt flaps. Who thought it was a great idea to put a foreskin on the underwater pants. Devs I know you can not like these additions to the armors if you are actually playing this game. I think this is a running joke with the armor design team. Please stop adding these flaps or turn them off.

Can't say i've had massive issues with Aesthetic pieces like this, however my only problem with them is when i try to use them with the Regal Miniskirt.

Other than that i can easily tolerate clipping because it's not game breaking, just a minor graphical error that doesn't happen to bother me. Considering the fact a vast majority of outfits out now were not in the original game and never had to be considered for clipping issues.

Regardless, i WOULDN'T MIND having those be an EXTRA slot to place on your character (Keep it simple not have those be adaptable, there is enough of a gearing grind as it is, Plus, class balance would have to be looked at if that is the case), and have it provide no stat boosts.

OR

Make a button like hide head slot and call it "Hide EnterAestheticHere"

I Dont want to see those things go away because i really like them and they work very well with particular outfits i give my characters, but i make do with that is available regardless.

-Nikki <3

Those are both great ideas, either one would solve the problem with the outfits that have those issues.