2.5.2 Shadow/Assassin Tank Changes

xnightshadex

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up (for those who do not read the patch notes) that they have done the following:

Sith Assassin

Darkness

• At 3 stacks, Harnessed Darkness now grants Dark Protection while Force Lightning is being channeled, regardless of if damage is dealt by it or not.

Jedi Shadow

Kinetic Combat

• At 3 stacks, Harnessed Shadows now grants Shadow Protection while Telekinetic Throw is being channeled, regardless of if damage is dealt by it or not.

While this isn't the 15s or 18s fix some were looking for, this will enable you to go to the last possible second before channeling lightning/tt without fear of your first hit being resisted.

I also hope this fixes the issue where I channel lightning with 3 harnessed darkness stacks (some hits do damage) but not a single stack of shadow protection is acquired. I think this happened only when the first stack was resisted, but I never dug too deep into it.

Yeah, I notice it barely but then again I wasn't really having this issue. In fact the problem I have is even if I'm at 3 stacks of HD/HS - if I don't have the glowing affect on my character then the proc doesn't trigger regardless if the channel does damage or not.

I still believe Protections needs an additional six seconds more given how some bosses don't stay still or dish out CCs like its candy. 15-18 seconds seems like a comfortable spot I think and kind of bummed they didn't stick to that duration after the patch having left the PTS. While it's fun to test myself to see how long I can keep Protection up, it is still a nuisance to manage in many fights.

Edited by tXHereticXt

I noticed that it still does not build stacks when the target is immune. Like Calphayus after you beat him down during each phase.

Obviously Immune is different than Resisted.. but in case you were curious :)

Edited by Docmal