Az-4

Sibenice

So, started getting these a few levels ago on my Assassin and I can't figure out what they're for. As far as I'm aware Inquisitors don't get a companion with that name.

I mean, they're nice for gearing out Treek because I haven't bothered to spend money to upgrade her mods but, still.... Seems a bit weird.

Items that are "cores", "motors", "parts", and "sensors" are only used for companions that are droids. They each can equip 2 cores, 2 motors, 2 parts, and 1 sensor, along with 1 earpiece, 2 implants, a mainhand weapon, and an offhand. Droid companions are HK-51 (any class), C2-N2 (Republic classes), 2V-R8 (Imperial classes), T7-O1 (Jedi Knight), M1-4X (Republic Trooper), and SCORPIO (Imperial Agent).

C2-N2 and 2V-R8 don't need to be geared up because they're not any good in combat anyway; they're just there so you can send them on crafting missions. HK-51 is a ranged damage-dealer and equips a sniper rifle and a vibroknife offhand. M1-4X and T7-O1 are ranged tanks and each equip a pistol or a rifle along with a shield generator offhand. SCORPIO is a melee tank and equips a techblade and a shield generator offhand.

Long story short, you don't need them. But if pulling the mods out and putting them in gear for Treek works for you, that's certainly fine!

Probably should have clarified that I've played on and off since basically release so I know what droid parts are for I was just confused as to why I was getting these specific droid parts when I was lacking and, from what I've seen, will never get a droid companion apart from the useless and irritating ship one. I just figured this was the best place to find the answer.

Thank you for the response, though. Good to know they're pretty much useless aside from what I'm using them for, then. :)

As inquisitor you get your healing companion very late compared to warrior or bountyhunter for example, even agents get them one planet earlier.

If you play sorcerer it doesn't matter, you have at least some healing abilities so there you won't need the ship droid. But as an assassin, especially if you aren't that experienced with game mechanics, it's sometimes really hard to level with a tank oder damage companion. There the ship droid has its use and with those rewards you are able to make him at least usable, not great and fast but good enough to get that little bit of healing you may need to survive.

I'm not even sure if the cybertech recipes for droid parts were in the game from the beginning, then mission rewards would have been the only way to get gear for the droid and it's kind of a relic from that time.

Before getting Talos I used the ship droid as a healer for a few boss fights. Built up to level he's not a bad healer, but nothing compared to the companion healer.

The Inquisitor is the only class I've played that needed it because Talos comes so late, and your tank can't survive the whole boss fight.

If you get droid parts as mission rewards as an Assassin, they're definitely for the ship droid - check the restrictions, it probably states "needs 2V-R8".

They are tank droid parts, not so good for a healer, so it's a bit weird that they are offered in the first place. I guess they are a leftover from an early version of the game when the ship droid was something different. Still, as someone has mentioned, the mods may be good for Treek, so it's not a total loss.