Kaggath Tournament - Sol'yc Empire vs Droid Supremacy

Beniboybling

Actually I think the biggest issue is dealing the sheer numbers of ground forces, Even if he manages to take out geonosis and such I would think it would cost him enough to where it may be difficult to have enough soldiers to defend against assassinations and still have enough for strike teams, I dont know with the quickly built droids even with how good the mandos are they are going to lose some and those numbers being wittled down it wont be long before I doubt enough mandos being left to take out the terror droids.
On the topic, do we have any information on numbers concerning the Cabure?

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a huge point.

PROXY isn't unique. PROXY droids were manufactured on Kamino. In TFU, Starkiller fights dozens of them that are instantly created and then assume the appearance of Rebellion soldiers.

Kamino can easily crank out more of these PROXY droids using PROXY's schematics. Would they be as advanced as PROXY? No. However, they would be able to appear as Mandalorian troops. Wearing helmets is going to become a big weakness in battle if Mandalorians aren't able to recognize loyal Mandos from PROXY impersonators. And once they realize PROXY droids look exactly like them? They'll start shooting each other, thinking that their allies are PROXY droids.

Obviously this would only work for a battle or two until the SE figures out how to prevent this, but still.

This also negates this whole "you can't infiltrate the Mandalorins" thing. Helmets kinda suck when enemy droids can mimic your uniform.

This still however does not cover PROXY's escape route. But good point nonetheless.

Umm, didn't the Mandalorian helmets have HUD's in them?

Which means they can identify every mandalorian on the bridge at once etc, there'd be pretty tight Security on that bridge, and to be honest, HUD's are all they need to find PROXY or Guri.

Edit: Nek would also have active body guards, as soon as anyone even lift a pistol, a Mandalorian soldier (Arguably far more efficient or fast than PROXY) would take him down. Or bite the bullet for the good of the clan.

Edited by Selenial

On the topic, do we have any information on numbers concerning the Cabure?

I am actually not sure I thought it was determined some where between 5-10k last round, but I am not sure some one with more expertiece would need to answer that I just make assessments based on information provided :D most of the time.

Edited by tunewalker

Umm, didn't the Mandalorian helmets have HUD's in them?

Which means they can identify every mandalorian on the bridge at once etc, there'd be pretty tight Security on that bridge, and to be honest, HUD's are all they need to find PROXY or Guri.

Edit: Nek would also have active body guards, as soon as anyone even lift a pistol, a Mandalorian soldier (Arguably far more efficient or fast than PROXY) would take him down. Or bite the bullet for the good of the clan.

I assume you mean a heads-up display? Don't take the name to literally, its not going to start flashing with a big warning saying "heads up, you've been infiltrated by deadly assassin droids, oh noes!"

No but really, how would this work exactly? They haven't got X-Ray vision...

And whoah now don't underestimate PROXY, he could go toe-to-toe with Staaarkillllerrr.

And he's can survive a whole lot more than a blaster bolt!

Edited by Beniboybling

The problem is what good can Mon Cal do for the DS when it is the closest and most obvious target for the SE? (think Telos and Mandalore) The Mon Cal shipyards would be the first strike the SE made, and one way or another it would cease making ships for the DS soon after.

Seems like the "Battle on Mon Calamari" is a big topic of discussion. So here's a couple reasons why the SE will lose it.

1.) Location

Although Mon Calamari may be the closest planet to SE territory, it's the farthest away from Bilbringi. From what I remember, the majority of the fleets start the Kaggath on the faction's shipyard world. Which means that the SE's fleets would start on Bilbringi. In the Inner Rim. Bilbringi is almost half the galaxy away from Mon Calamari. So if you're looking for a quick strike, this isn't it. On top of that, DS ships will start on Mon Calamari, meaning that they will be totally prepared for an attack. And before you try to use that against me, DS ships are faster, so they can still reach one of the DS worlds to defend it if need be.

2.) Warning/Sabotage

HK-01 droids could easily tip off the DS during the early stages of the war as to SE fleet movements, before HK-01's existence is even discovered or expected. On top of that, if the SE is really going to stage an attack on Mon Calamari from Telos IV, the Exchange cell there could warn the DS. Regardless of how the DS receives these warnings, knowing where the enemy is allows the DS to raid its ships while they're en-route to Mon Calamari. Picking off ships one by one or even using an interdiction field to halt their advance would all hinder and impede the SE from achieving a timely strike.

3.) Traps

The time advantage that I have proven, where it'll take the SE lots of time to get a large enough fleet to Mon Calamari from Bilbringi, allows the DS ample time to set up traps. Mine fields, space turrets (as seen in Forces of Corruption), interdiction fields, etc. If the DS can't win through sheer firepower, it'll use its resources, from the Exchange and from the markets of Nar Shaddaa, to obtain defensive technologies.

4.) Terror Droids

When they're first introduced in TFU II, Terror droids are invading and swarming a large Rebellion ship. As we've seen in SWTOR flashpoints, ships meant to penetrate other vessels are fairly common, and pirates are guaranteed to have them. They're pirates. They board enemy vessels. Dispatching boarding vessels to implant these Terror Droids into SE ships will have the SE fighting on two fronts: inside and outside the ship. The extensive damage the Terror Droids can do to a starship's interior and their ability to swarm and overrun their enemies will decrease Mandalorian ship efficiency both from a mechanical and biological standpoint, as its systems and personnel are destroyed or distracted.

5.) Fighters

It seems as though the Davaab-type starfighter was the main fighter of the Mandalorian Navy. It's pretty pathetic. Two laser cannons, and it takes two people to fly. Although Basilisk War Droids are also fighters, they're far less numerous. On the flip side, the DS has fighters with ion cannons and missile launchers, such as the Supa Fighter. It also has several types of heavily armored fighters, light fighters, and the infamous StarViper Attack Squadrons, plus buzz droids. The DS has far more versatile and effective fighters. And, all of its fighter are hyperspace-capable.

These are the reasons I've come up with so far. I'm sure there are more.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I assume you mean a heads-up display? Don't take the name to literally, its not going to start flashing with a big warning saying "heads up, you've been infiltrated by deadly assassin droids, oh noes!"

And whoah now don't underestimate PROXY, he could go toe-to-toe with Staaarkillllerrr.

HUDs were also sometimes installed in helmets to assist warriors or bounty hunters. The visors of Mandalorian helmets and clone commando helmets contained HUDs that provided information to the user and were capable of searching databases or uploading maps. The clones became somewhat dependent on the information the HUD gave them, and often felt handicapped when their helmets were off.

Specifically, Boba Fett's helmet contained a very advanced HUD, which featured information on the surrounding environment as well as a 360-degree field of vision. In addition, an advanced radar allowed his HUD to provide information on nearby rooms, and could be used to scan the HoloNet and connect with databases, allowing him to perform tasks which would normally require a computer terminal, such as trading on the stock market and buying real estate, from anywhere that was accessible through the HoloNet.

That's HUD's in helmets. And by the looks of it, Boba's may be theoretically hackable...

It doesn't mention anything about being able to see through disguises or tap into other helmets. It would seem that the main thing (the same way in the military IRL) would be maps, more angles of sight, it might (and this is just a might) be able to tell you if something was locked on you.

No, it would be able to recognize markings, or battle scars on the Armor, and the voice of the person and be able to identify them. Then they'd be able to know whether that Mandalorian is meant to be on the bridge or not.

Also, it'd probably be able to perform mundane Bio-Scans, like heartbeat sensor etc...

Except they have to, because the Exchange is the Droid Supremacy's supplier. >.>

But the Exchange doesn't have one supreme leader, it's a conglomerate of multiple crime syndicates. They don't all swear allegiance to you, especially when their Base is on an enemy world.

Though the counter to this is that the Mandalorians would just raid the Telos IV cells base, hack the computers and get any inside information possible.

Edit: They could even pretend that it's still under exchange control, use it to communicate with G0-T0 and track him.

Edited by Selenial

These are the reasons I've come up with so far. I'm sure there are more.

I got you, M'Lady! Let the Glorious Droid Revolution Begin!!!

Time

I would like to add to Warren's argument that it would take roughly 3 days to get to Mon Calamari. A lot can happen in 3 days. Especially with the efficiency of G0-T0. Hell, it would proably take longer, as the SE would want to assemble the entirety of the fleet, and Nek, Ka, Jaina, and Boba would likely hold multiple meetings to discuss course of action. I would say more like 5 days to a week to account for everything.

In that time, Nek could very well be dead, or have some stowaways aboard he doesn't want.

Bothwui

The Exchange/ Underworld isn't the only way to get information. As I have said before, Bothans keep tabs on each other, and love information. I highly doubt that the SE can make their movements invisible to Bothans. Hell, they can communicate through their fur! Never put information past a Bothan!

Myrkr

What better way to defeat a foe then to sabatoge him? Myrkr is a pirate haven. They could riot on the planet, or ambush the fleet while moving. Anything to slow down the approaching SE. And who can forget about bounties/assassins.

Erm? What about all the other times? I don't even remember that one...

EDIT: Wait, aren't we forgetting when PROXY beat Jango himself? Apparently that was one of his most deadly modules...

The Core battle was their biggest encounter, but I suppose you have a point about the other battles.

Edit: However, those battles they had (Raxus aside), Starkiller wasn't at his full strength.

Edited by Aurbere

Erm? What about all the other times? I don't even remember that one...

EDIT: Wait, aren't we forgetting when PROXY beat Jango himself? Apparently that was one of his most deadly modules...

I think you mean Boba. And no, that's just a Stupid argument because seeing his father took Boba off guard, but he wouldn't be fooled twice.

But the Exchange doesn't have one supreme leader.

Wrong. G0-T0 is, effectively, the new Compeer.

Though the counter to this is that the Mandalorians would just raid the Telos IV cells base, hack the computers and get any inside information possible.

Except they have no idea it exists. The Republic sure didn't. It's not got the word "Exchange" written over its door. It looks like an innocent shop in a commercial district. There is no reason it would ever be expected. The only way the Mandalorians would suspect that it exists is once it's already too late and they've done their job.

No, it would be able to recognize markings, or battle scars on the Armor, and the voice of the person and be able to identify them. Then they'd be able to know whether that Mandalorian is meant to be on the bridge or not.

Also, it'd probably be able to perform mundane Bio-Scans, like heartbeat sensor etc...

Your going to have to provide some evidence for that.

But you might have something with that last part.

Not however that PROXY can imitate voices.

But the Exchange doesn't have one supreme leader, it's a conglomerate of multiple crime syndicates. They don't all swear allegiance to you, especially when their Base is on an enemy world.

Edit: They could even pretend that it's still under exchange control, use it to communicate with G0-T0 and track him.

The Exchange are the DS's supplier, they have the access and loyalty of all its cells, no exceptions.

Note however that the Exchange operate under an alias on Telos.

Wrong. G0-T0 is, effectively, the new Compeer.

Except they have no idea it exists. The Republic sure didn't. It's not got the word "Exchange" written over its door. It looks like an innocent shop in a commercial district. There is no reason it would ever be expected. The only way the Mandalorians would suspect that it exists is once it's already too late and they've done their job.

Naughty Naughty Warren, don't try bring up Kotor 2 to me :p

The captain in charge of Citadel Station sure well knew it existed, it's mentioned in his Dialogue about the Hold-Out-Blaster. Problem is, the Republic didn't have the forces to push the exchange out, and didn't exactly need the exchange on it's back as well as the Sith.

That information on the Compeer is ridiculously sketchy to say the least, it's like 3 sentences and has one source, which only references it...

Because of how different each exchange sector acts, it's safe to assume that the Compeer is in charge of a council-like structure in the exchange, not a commander in chief.

The Core battle was their biggest encounter, but I suppose you have a point about the other battles.

Edit: However, those battles they had (Raxus aside), Starkiller wasn't at his full strength.

Which one was that? Not the one with Maul?

And what did the Core do anyway?

And when was Starkiller not at full strength!?

*cough* Its called Bumani Exchange Corporation *cough* technically does *cough*

The Exchange are the DS's supplier, they have the access and loyalty of all its cells, no exceptions.

Note however that the Exchange operate under an alias on Telos.

Well that's a bit... odd, but whatever, they just get raided then.

Oh, and the "Bumani Exchange Corp" were known by the Citadel authorities to be the Exchange, because the Exchange and Czerka BOTH were interfering with the Restoration project, both had been taddled on by the Ithorian Herd, but both were too entrenched to be taken out by the Republic alone.

Wouldn't be a hard one to raid either, an almost Powerless (Compared to her usual) Surik killed them all.