Gunships

OpeningToEndgame

How does a Gunship take ZERO damage while standing still from 2 sets of Tier 5 cluster missles? This guy stopped and aimed his Slug at someone. I was behind him. Locked on TWICE and no damage whatsoever happened.

I see this consistently. It wasn't lag. What the (&%@ was it?!

Don't know about twice, but once he can use the active ability of distortion field which can break missile locks.

I think early access Gunship owners who play those ships extensively are maxed out on upgrades and just kick your ***. That being said, if I'm out in a relatively open area with no debris or asteroids to hang near, I'm almost always dead.

But he...was....standing....still....

Distortion field ability does not make you move.

And now that i think about it, he might also have activated barrel roll and instantly cancel it (by going into snipe mode) so the missile lock got broken but he didn't move.

In other words, good luck killing them solo in an unorganized PUG match. My strategy is to avoid them.

You certainly shouldn't use lockon missiles. That will just warn them. Get close from an angle they dont see, and open fire without warning. Works well with rocket pods, too.