GSF is proof that SWTOR deserves to F2P

Amadeusss

This game mode is nothing impressive if your a fanboy of bioware or GSF get over yourself this is a bad concept by bioware more proof that this game is heading to the state of death the combat is so unbalanced if you dont have any of the upgrades you get smoked by the people who already have it. poor design Edited by Amadeusss

Wow Isnt it still boats a full paid customer base SWTOR cant claim to have that succes hate on wow if you want but least blizzard understands the online market

Google Translate isn't helping.

P.S. Re: first whine about getting beat by geared ships - you were beat because they're better than you, not because they were in geared ships. Try and accept that you aren't amazing at something on the first attempt.

Edited by Wainamoinen

A bit of ignorance there, yes sometimes F2P = death, it's a games version of going open source for software when the company abandons it's software.

But this isn't always the truth. It isn't true with Swtor.

Swtor is Freemium. It's making more money with the F2P option then it ever did without. Yes there were a huge amount of players at launch that left just as quick, I personally have met many such players IRL and they were never going to stay long term anyway regardless of the game.

Now as to GSF, I've observed that it is appealing poorly to current Swtor players. In a weird way this makes sense, thee GSF gameplay is down right foreign to a MMORPG player. Certainly outside the comfort zone of many, heck everything else in Swtor is massively affected by gear, but GSF is soo much a skill game.

Consider this now, there is a whole class of Swtor player that only does PvP(ground). I don't even understand it so much, though MMORPG PvP seems to be soo much less a cesspool then a lot of the FPS out there.

Well my theory is GSF needs F2P to work because it need a new type of player not currently playing the game, and F2P is the get in the door incentive.

Edit:

Wow Isnt it still boats a full paid customer base SWTOR cant claim to have that succes hate on wow if you want but least blizzard understands the online market

yeah This also made no sense to me either.

Edited by mr_sim
addition

So, YOU don't like GSF, and YOU it is a bad path to take.

If my experience with it is any indication: short queue times at all times of day and widely varied players participating (often times never see the same set of names twice), then you are in the minority. And that is only with Subs having access; Tuesday Preferred get access.

Since you don't raise any exact valid points, we can assume you are starting another flame thread.

However, nobody is forcing you to play or pay for SWTOR so please, get out, be my guest.

Me and thousands other satisfied customers will stay and pay here.

i've been paying since launch. so imo i deserve a better experience than GSF is feels slapped together and just how they are stacking the market with GSF ******** like 1,800 for a mastered ship lol its a money sink bioware doesnt care about its customer base anymore automated ticket responses please tell me how thats good? its just a huge money sink EA will pull the plug on This as soon as the market stops making enough money. Edited by Amadeusss

i've been paying since launch. so imo i deserve a better experience than GSF is feels slapped together and just how they are stacking the market with GSF ******** like 1,800 for a mastered ship lol its a money sink bioware doesnt care about its customer base anymore automated ticket responses please tell me how thats good? its just a huge money sink EA will pull the plug on This as soon as the market stops making enough money.

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has them and they all stink.

i've been paying since launch. so imo i deserve a better experience than GSF is feels slapped together and just how they are stacking the market with GSF ******** like 1,800 for a mastered ship lol its a money sink bioware doesnt care about its customer base anymore automated ticket responses please tell me how thats good? its just a huge money sink EA will pull the plug on This as soon as the market stops making enough money.

Ships from Cartel Market are not mastered.

Ships from Cartel Market are not mastered.

They have "mastery" on them. Mastery normally occurs when you fully upgrade one thing in each component slot on one of the non cartel ships. I think mastery is only a Requisition buff though and does nothing for you in match.

This game mode is nothing impressive if your a fanboy of bioware or GSF get over yourself this is a bad concept by bioware more proof that this game is heading to the state of death the combat is so unbalanced if you dont have any of the upgrades you get smoked by the people who already have it. poor design

GSF hasn't even been fully released yet and many people enjoy it, if not the ques would not pop. I have seen some of the content coming soon in 2.6 from the PTS that will be added to GSF, I am very impressed and excited, even with a new GSF area for the fleet that also links the ground game to GSF, new ships, bombers add a new layer of tactical gameplay, and the tactical flashpoint that is well built and literally forces the player to figure it out on their own like a puzzle instead of what we have right now where its all marked on the map, the bosses are clear, no mobs, and it was very fun despite the early testing bugs. Seriously though, I get YOU don't like GSF, but considering the ques still pop, I am assuming that means that, unless people are masochists, that many people LIKE IT.

Please go back to WoW instead of bashing SWTOR.

Yeah. I don't really understand people who spend time on the forums bashing a game they hate and singing the praises of another game they love instead of logging into and playing the game they love. Doesn't seem like a very productive or meaningful use of time or money, especially considering you have to be a paid sub to post.

Isn't everything headed to the state of death?

Sure, we're basically restating the 2nd law of thermodynamics: entropy is always increasing (in a closed system). Everything eventually goes to crap. OP's grasp of the English language has apparently been affected by this phenomenon.

Edited by MaximilianPower

• 3 weeks later...
After 2 weeks of excruciating matches trying to learn the game and being so frustrated at not being any good I really wanted to give up. Now I LOVE it! So much fun and lots of depth I really enjoy my time in game. For me on Harbinger queue times are usually just a couple of mins at their longest and matches seem to be getting a lot. more evenly matched as more people get into the game. I definitely don't get the OP's problem. I typically fly under the name Ben-sindu for anyone that wants to fly together.

I've noticed that the world of warcraft immigrants to swtor trying to set up a home and hone their magic sorc/sage crystals and recreate what they had in their decade long mmo have a STRONG DISDAIN for GSF. While they can wrap their gaming imaginations around the idea that swords are now sabers they rebuke the idea that the more sci-fi core of players actually thrive in ship to ship combat.

In time another mmo will come along that will give them a graphically superior dirty dungeon crawl experience and we'll hear much less from this slice of the population that seems to have representatives in every PVE based guild....

:eek:

This game mode is nothing impressive if your a fanboy of bioware or GSF get over yourself this is a bad concept by bioware more proof that this game is heading to the state of death the combat is so unbalanced if you dont have any of the upgrades you get smoked by the people who already have it. poor design

If what you say is true, then why is it that when I use alts for the first time in bare ships, and go up against Aces who I know well, know they are damn good, and know the ships they are in, that I am highly competitive and still top the charts on my team?

I really don't want to discourage you by saying you really have to invest more time in practicing, nor is this a troll/dick comment.

Get back in that cockpit after reading up on this forum about ship tactics.

You just need more practice, Im telling you the honest truth here.

If I can mow down some aces in fully upgraded ships with a brand new toon, then so can you.

http://puu.sh/6AnzV.jpg

hint: check the achievements

I'm guessing that made sense when you wrote it.

All your enkoy are belong to us!

Edited by Yndras