Hybrid class gearinng and raiding

DeltaBos

I wasn't sure what forum to post this under so I just picked the gen discussion :p. Anyways, I am leveling a hybrid tank/dps and I was looking for advice on how to gear and raid with a hybrid. My toon would have 28 tank points and 18 dps points. What stance should my toon be in, how should I gear them, and should I tank or dps for ops?

hybrids between two roles don't work. If you are tanking the boss, you will end up taking more damage due to not having a full tree, and not deal enough damage to make a difference. If you are dpsing, the tank points won't increase your dps.

Sniper Engineering/Lethality hybrid is the only viable hybrid in PvE.

Sorcerer Lightning/Madness hybrid for PvP ( just don't expect good numbers against good players ).

Powertech Advanced Prototype/Pyrotech hybrid for PvE ( just don't expect good number as you miss your hard hitting abilities ).

These are the ones I've tried so far above.

Powertech Shieldtech/Advance Prototype hybrid for PvP.

Sniper Engineering/Lethality hybrid is the only viable hybrid in PvE.

Sorcerer Lightning/Madness hybrid for PvP ( just don't expect good numbers against good players ).

Powertech Advanced Prototype/Pyrotech hybrid for PvE ( just don't expect good number as you miss your hard hitting abilities ).

These are the ones I've tried so far above.

Powertech Shieldtech/Advance Prototype hybrid for PvP.

I direct you to this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=691926

If you look closely, 9/10 fights have the VG/PT hybrid performing MUCH better than the full trees. And that last time its Assault Vanguard.

Why is that? Because the big hit in Assault is High Impact Bolt (Rail Shot), and Assault Plastique (Thermal Detonator) has nothing on Pulse Cannon with Pulse Generator stacks (Flamethrower with Prototype Flamethrower stacks)