GS Newb Question

Creovex

You will be able to unlock the gunship at a future date, but as stated above, right now only people who were actively subscribed when the announcement went out have access to the gunship now.

So if you want to fly one, save up your Fleet comms for the official launch. :)

Bloody hell... oh well. I hope they work on balancing these engagements better. At least in WoT I wasn't fighting top tier against beginners every round like this...

You should have access to your gunship on the 14th. Still no official word on whether you have to purchase your first gunship or not. (Though I suspect not, since first gunship was free to the current owners). And until we have more people queuing or a cross-server system, there's only so much that can be done about the matchmaking. Hopefully at the preferred launch next week and full launch next month more people will add in so newbies aren't thrown up against as much with the experienced pilots with upgraded ships.

Edited by Luneward

Bloody hell... oh well. I hope they work on balancing these engagements better. At least in WoT I wasn't fighting top tier against beginners every round like this...

Keep in mind GSF does not have the concept of Tiers like WoT/WoWP.

Each ship is meant to be balanced with the others, for example the first Strike is not meant to be worse than the second, just different.

Of course, balance is far from perfect right now, as GSF was released barely a month ago, but the point is they cannot simply matchmake tier for tier as WoT does. It just doesn't work like that.

The matchmaking instead tracks how many requisitions you have earned, and attempts to match you against someone of equal requisitions (and therefore, hopefully, experience). However this has been working less-than-perfeclty, probalby because GSF is only for subscribers at this time (and is due to open up over the next few weeks to all players).

Thank you.

The matchmaking instead tracks how many requisitions you have earned, and attempts to match you against someone of equal requisitions (and therefore, hopefully, experience). However this has been working less-than-perfeclty, probalby because GSF is only for subscribers at this time (and is due to open up over the next few weeks to all players).

Thank you.

I understand the concept behind their matchmaking, but they should have put in milestones with ship/unlocks, not points accumulated as it will never balance out for the players who play across multiple ships or the addicts who max one and then no others...

And you can't tell me Matchmaking is close to working because of population, because as I see it, this few subscribers playing = a really bad investment...