A guy won a deathmatch by hiding in stealth the entire last 2 rounds!

Cicerokid

They deserve to lose if they can't come together and finish the job.
And does that not apply to the team that just lost 3 people without scoring a kill? That seems like the bigger display of incompetence considering the objective of the game type.

Utilizing the map to your advantage is smart. Huttball firetraps anyone?? Hypergate explosions?? Novare minefields behind bunkers??

None of those maps are TDM. And in no scenario can you hide from the enemy team for an entire game and then use said hazards to instantly win, regardless of the previous score.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And does that not apply to the team that just lost 3 people without scoring a kill? That seems like the bigger display of incompetence considering the objective of the game type.[/Quote]

Idk what's worse... 4 people killing 3 people. Or 1 person killing 4?

None of those maps are TDM. And in no scenario can you hide from the enemy team for an entire game and then use said hazards to instantly win, regardless of the previous score.[/Quote]

No but they are wz's the fact remains it is utilization of provided environments.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

A job to play hide and go seek is the most garbage way to have arena I have ever seen.

Fact is only stealth can get away with this cheap way to play, non-stealth can't hide in a corner and pray the acid kills the other team before dieing.

Also the fact of the matter is this is arena, not lets hide don't do nothing and basically let the acid beat the team.

What kinda skill is involved here hiding 2 rounds, and not doing nothing but hiding?

Give me a break, Bioware needs to enforce if the time runs out and who ever has either more damage or more alive in their group that team wins.

Take the stupid acid away from arena, problem fixed and these cheap azz players can stop hiding like some sissy's.

/end thread

Group in mid, aoe's/stealth scans.. Problem solved. You should have zero reason to lose in this scenario.

Group in mid, aoe's/stealth scans.. Problem solved. You should have zero reason to lose in this scenario.

I have a feeling your team uses this cheap tactic and your trying to convince everyone here that its real pvp when hiding a whole match.

Let me guess you got your precious rank rating cause someone in your group likes to hide until the acid comes.

The glory, hiding and not doing nothing else to get rank rating.

Amirite?

I have a feeling your team uses this cheap tactic and your trying to convince everyone here that its real pvp when hiding a whole match.

Let me guess you got your precious rank rating cause someone in your group likes to hide until the acid comes.

The glory, hiding and not doing nothing else to get rank rating.

Amirite?

Wrong on all accounts actually.

I mainly play Tactics VG. GG :)

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

They want to play like that? Fine. It's annoying, time-consuming, and bull, but it takes all the common sense of fighting on the doors in Voidstar to figure out how to counter it. Combat Medic Commando, Stealth Scans and Hail of Bolts in mid. Edited by Houzukimaru

Another example of bad design.

If there is a 4v1 situation when the timer runs out the victory should go imediatly to the team that has 4 ppl. They played better and there is no way that 1 person will defeat 4 alone when that same person wasn't able to do it with 3 guys helping before. Another solution is to give 30s timer for that person to kill someone in the winning group if they can't manage that then the other team wins the round.

The only that a full stealth team won't have an advantage is that if they make it so when in arenas you can only stealth for a certain period , and then add a cooldown to stealth once that period is over. Otherwise that team can just wait til the last second to perform a focused attack, regardless of which tie breaking system there is. Maybe make it so if a person goes into stealth for longer than 20s they forfeit and are out of the round.