The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will there be any new servers?

Fangstriker

Its really bugging me that there are only 8 servers right now. I'm wondering if there will be any new ones added. the way the game is now doesn't fit my play style at all. I'm a solo player and with all the other players running around it is really hard to do things I need to do. its hard to level a character from the beginning for either the rich story lines or for beneficial crew skills like cybernetics. all these quests and bonuses are really hard to do with other people doing them. I'm also annoyed by everyone who just invites you to a group with out asking you first. Having more realms will also help with other things like lessening lag issues and clearing up the faction fleets and capital worlds.

Its really bugging me that there are only 8 servers right now. I'm wondering if there will be any new ones added. the way the game is now doesn't fit my play style at all. I'm a solo player and with all the other players running around it is really hard to do things I need to do. its hard to level a character from the beginning for either the rich story lines or for beneficial crew skills like cybernetics. all these quests and bonuses are really hard to do with other people doing them. I'm also annoyed by everyone who just invites you to a group with out asking you first. Having more realms will also help with other things like lessening lag issues and clearing up the faction fleets and capital worlds.

Not going to happen. This game has had issues with low pop servers before at launch. There were over double the current number and most became ghost towns within months if not weeks. After server merges, transfers (I myself moved twice), and consolidation they've come to a stable server population and I highly doubt they'll screw that up again after the rage the community showed when they even delayed mergers.

Here's the deal, if your "playstyle" is solo then go play a solo game or play this one on off-hours (late night/middle of the day) This is an MMORPG, Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. They aren't here to cater to you.

Also, if this game lags it's probably your ISP or computer, I play at max graphics and don't lag even on the fleet. A suggestion is to reduce the graphics settings and the number of characters your screen shows, that's under preferences.

Edit: also this is the wrong forum for it. Post this same thing Here for more responses.

Edited by StarSquirrel

And if you want to begin anew, try a server from different continents.

That way you shouldn't have to play at times that are inconvenient for you and still be lonely.

I guess you aren't into RP or PVP, so I can recommend The Red Eclipse (EU - ENG).

I've played that server since I play SW:TOR and even in the busy hours I don't get invites, neither for group nor guild.

Ok, that's a lie, I have been asked once or twice, but take it into account that I play since it went F2P meaning once or twice is relatively low.

I'm also annoyed by everyone who just invites you to a group with out asking you first.

There's an option in Preferences to auto-decline group, guild, and duel invites. I always have that running, cause I too hate blind invites.

Edited by Atim

• 2 weeks later...

I play on Jung Ma and I'm not really a PVPer. But I like having the extra danger of having other players that may challenge/hunt/kill me around. The worst problem is having another player steal a glowie while you're fighting the boss, but that doesn't happen often enough to be a real issue.

Like you OP, I like to solo, but I enjoy teaming up once in awhile. You can block all the invites, but I wouldn't suggest it. If someone is spamming them at you ignore that person. Its been my experience to get to the boss and find another player there that will team up to defeat him and then break up the team.

It may not be the servers causing your lag. In short, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think the problem is well, a problem.