Missles and the R button

MCaliban

Currently, pressing the 'R' button will target the last person who has hit you as long as they exist within your sensor range.

It's very useful, but many times during dogfights, someone attempts to missile lock me and I have no way of knowing who is it unless I let the missile lock happen and the missile hits me.

I'd propose that 'R' remain the 'last person to hit you' button but another button is used for 'last person to attempt a missile lock.' Maybe T.

Not a big issue for me. If there are two enemies around me, i just hit tab to see who the missile locker is. If there are more, then it doesn't really matter who the missile locker is, because usually all of them are. Time to hightail it :D

When on my Flashfire, i hit retro thrusters as evasive maneuver, that usually brings the guy who was on my tail in front of me and i can target him. Also this way you can see the missile trail of the missile that was chasing you, and see which direction it roughly came from(also what type it was, concussions have yellow trails etc.).

If the missile lock is fast, its a cluster that someone near you is using. If you have full shields you may opt to let the missile hit you once(my flashfire has 1820 shields per arc) to be able to target the attacker back.

If the missile lock is slow, you have to handle the attacker as you would a gunship, e.g. boost the hell away from where you were, gain distance, then turn around and have a look at what enemies are in the area, looking for a strike fighter. If the locker was a scout with sabotage probe, he will be right behind you, so easy to see.

Currently, pressing the 'R' button will target the last person who has hit you as long as they exist within your sensor range.

It's very useful, but many times during dogfights, someone attempts to missile lock me and I have no way of knowing who is it unless I let the missile lock happen and the missile hits me.

I'd propose that 'R' remain the 'last person to hit you' button but another button is used for 'last person to attempt a missile lock.' Maybe T.

Thank you!

Now that you mention it, what a peeve!

You disengage someone who happened to land say a single laser shot on you 20 seconds ago, discover a missile lock (or two) on you in a new heated area, but because nobody has landed a laser or missle shot yet, "R" takes you back to that person who grazed your shielding long ago, even though you are being heavily agroed now!

Missiles are already too weak in general, and the decision to fire your blasters and reveal yourself or not adds a layer of strategy. I'd much rather keep it the way it is.

And by the way, my current 'main' ship uses rocket pods.

Missiles are already too weak in general, and the decision to fire your blasters and reveal yourself or not adds a layer of strategy. I'd much rather keep it the way it is.

And by the way, my current 'main' ship uses rocket pods.

Sensors are sensors.

What sort of starfighter can ID being smoked with a laser, but not ID a missile lock????

Tom freaking Cruise in Top Gun could ID a missile lock, and that garbage came out before half of us were born! (I think...?)

:D \m/

Sensors are sensors.

What sort of starfighter can ID being smoked with a laser, but not ID a missile lock????

Tom freaking Cruise in Top Gun could ID a missile lock, and that garbage came out before half of us were born! (I think...?)

:D \m/

Yeah but there where not that many ships involved in the top gun dogfights.

agreed

Been suggesting this since beta. I think either of these approaches would work:

1. Make 'R' target the last person who damaged you OR target the last person who attempted to get lock on you.

...or.

2. Add a new separate keybind for "target the last enemy who attempted to get lock on you".

This would only make dogfights more dynamic!