Nerf Light Laser Cannon

Tentou

I am tired of these no skill players using this overpowered ability to kill me within the ridiculously small time frame of 8-10 seconds. I sit there firing back and for SOME REASON they always kill me first, even when I bob my mouse up and down while firing to make myself harder to hit. How the heck did this make it off the test server??? Please balance this blatantly overpowered ability Bioware or I will have no choice but to unsub.

I sit there firing back and for SOME REASON they always kill me first, even when I bob my mouse up and down while firing to make myself harder to hit.

What?!

You use something as OP as mouse bobbing and then ask for light laser cannons to be nerfed? LMAO.

ability to kill me within the ridiculously small time frame of 8-10 seconds.

Dude that's not fast at all. The OP mechanic on the Scout is associated with the Burst laser cannon that kills in 2 seconds flat. 10 Seconds to a kill pfft that's actually about right on target, as far as I'm able to determine. Light laser cannon is primarily a scout weapon and Scouts need burst style dps as they are to soft skinned to maintain sustained combat.

Scouts when flown properly(in my opinion) Should be following a "Speed is Life" doctrine. This doctrine doesn't tend to allow much time on target so the scout needs to have a burst style Dps nature. in 10 seconds a scout should be getting close to shot out of energy, so your pretty much getting all he has to use in that time.

I really hate saying it because other less empathetic players use it as a blow off statement . But you really do have a learn to play Issue. I sounds like you need to rethink your evasion tactics down to the fundamentals, at least that's where I would start based one what your saying.

What class are you flying?

I am tired of these no skill players using this overpowered ability to kill me within the ridiculously small time frame of 8-10 seconds. I sit there firing back and for SOME REASON they always kill me first, even when I bob my mouse up and down while firing to make myself harder to hit. How the heck did this make it off the test server??? Please balance this blatantly overpowered ability Bioware or I will have no choice but to unsub.

If you are trading shots with someone firing a light laser, you are most likely to be facing a light scout(light laser is the best weapon for a blackbolt/novadive). If you are facing a light scout, he most likely has distortion shield equipped(as that is the best shield for a light scout).

The special ability of distortion shield is to make the craft using it virtually immune to laser fire for 6 seconds. That is the most likely "SOME REASON" that was causing you to lose the shootout.

You have to learn what abilities are in the game, how they are used and when, and how to see them coming and counter them, before calling something overpowered.

Edited by Sharee

If you are trading shots with someone firing a light laser, you are most likely to be facing a light scout(light laser is the best weapon for a blackbolt/novadive). If you are facing a light scout, he most likely has distortion shield equipped(as that is the best shield for a light scout).

The special ability of distortion shield is to make the craft using it virtually immune to laser fire for 6 seconds. That is the most likely "SOME REASON" that was causing you to lose the shootout.

You have to learn what abilities are in the game, how they are used and when, and how to see them coming and counter them, before calling something overpowered.

Isn't "Light" Scout a redundant phrase, all scouts are "Light". Unless your trying to talk about the Novadive only, I like to refer to them as what they are. I call them "True" Scouts, while the flashfire is more a light fighter then a Scout, I simply think of them as Interceptors.

Dude that's not fast at all. The OP mechanic on the Scout is associated with the Burst laser cannon that kills in 2 seconds flat. 10 Seconds to a kill pfft that's actually about right on target, as far as I'm able to determine. Light laser cannon is primarily a scout weapon and Scouts need burst style dps as they are to soft skinned to maintain sustained combat.

Scouts when flown properly(in my opinion) Should be following a "Speed is Life" doctrine. This doctrine doesn't tend to allow much time on target so the scout needs to have a burst style Dps nature. in 10 seconds a scout should be getting close to shot out of energy, so your pretty much getting all he has to use in that time.

I really hate saying it because other less empathetic players use it as a blow off statement . But you really do have a learn to play Issue. I sounds like you need to rethink your evasion tactics down to the fundamentals, at least that's where I would start based one what your saying.

What class are you flying?

Yea Shock, L2P :rolleyes:

The mouse bobbing up and down is a good start but you ALSO have to go into your computer's system settings and turn your mouse sensitivity WAY UP! That way you can bob your ship up and down while spinning around really fast! All good GSF players know that the faster you spin the harder you are to hit EVEN with Light Laser Cannons.