Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

I've played two characters to level 25 and beyond. The first character got her speeder at level 29, it took that long to save the credits. My second character, I took Biochem so I didn't have to buy stims and medpacs, and she barely had the credits at level 25 for the training and speeder. My third character also has Biochem, is only level 23 and had 60k credits at level 22. My third character is Republic and finds the resources quite easily, while my Sith character didn't. So I'm seeing much difference in credits depending on how you play, which side, etc.

Btw, you people putting other players down because they aren't as smart as you, or so you think, need to have your attitudes examined.

Edited by Cryshal

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 40 grand is a bit much, cmon its a game and yes some warning would have helped and I did not get a "tutorial" that said hey Idiot at level 25 you better have 48 grand in credits (8 grand for speeder, 40 for training) plus enough to still pay for repairs, buy stims and medpaks etc....

Also it would be nice to know that beyond Tatooine a speeder is a must have as the cost of 600 credits to get a taxi will suck u dry.

So all you MMO "elites" who get off on spending 50 grand on a speeder and have millions more to throw away and then knock those of us who have followed the game and story as a light past time because we have other responsibilities in life other than crafting, selling , GTN'ing etc and spending a huge amount of time playing the game think about it before you knock people.

I can say that if I knew what this game entailed in terms of credits needed, and that I have to try to beat things with HP that is 5 times greater than what I could muster and that a speeder is REQUIRED I would have saved my real credits for something else.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

The point is the further you level the more money you make. It took me a total of one and a half levels to save for the speeder. I don't use the GTN or do anything but missions and sell to vendors.

This really isn't that bad, and you don't need it the second you hit 25.

Heads up, your lvl 50 training will cost you 300k, so please don't post in a month from now you wern't warned.

330k actually, on top of the 250k you have to spend at 40, both of which are incredibly cheap once you realize how easy it is to obtain credits.

You can obtain 200k a day, by doing dailies alone at 50.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

There is a warning if you read the tips or whatever they are called (the yellow tutorial things that popup on the right when playing).

OP - How can you whine about 40K for a speeder and not whine about 20K for additional bag space.

The outrageous one is the 20K one.

Cheers.

Yup...lol.I think whoever came up with these prices use to work for the IRS.40k for a extra bank.It was nice during Beta when it was 10k.Also had 4 free slots instead of 3.Still we can craft out of the bank which was better than before.When they changed to 3 slots we got that ability.

The point is the further you level the more money you make. It took me a total of one and a half levels to save for the speeder. I don't use the GTN or do anything but missions and sell to vendors.

This really isn't that bad, and you don't need it the second you hit 25.

The game should communicate the price to players at level 20. Make it possible to buy the skill at level 20 but it still requires lvl 25 to do anything with. This way players will probably be ready to jump on a speeder when they hit 25. Right now it's really disappointing to hit 25 and finally be ready to use those 8,000 credit speeders but then oh, 40,000 credits please?!

A little warning so players can plan ahead would go a long way.

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

You're joking right? They warned you at level 20 to save up and 40k is nothing at 25. When I hit 25 I had about 45k. Now considering that I had just used all my money at level 23 that shows how easy it is to make your money back in this game.

Edited by ClayPeopleCry

There is a warning if you read the tips or whatever they are called (the yellow tutorial things that popup on the right when playing).

These are basically worthless. If you're not able to stop what you're doing and click that link then chances are you won't ever find the tip. Send that kind of message in an email so it doesn't get lost. I've gone looking for those messages when I accidentally click through them and I can't find them.

I'm surprised to hear there is a warning at 20, I sure didn't see it. Drop that in an email and let players have a better shot at seeing it.

You're joking right? They warned you at level 20 to save up and 40k is nothing at 25.

I never saw that warning, I would have greatly appreciated that warning. They need to make those kind of things a lot more visible. Things pop up on the screen all the time and if you're not careful those little yellow notes that pop up from time to time disappear and I still don't know where to find them.

Yes there is storage space and you can access it from a bank or your spaceship :)

Plus you can store all your mats in there for your crew to use when they do their professions. You don't need to carry them on your person.

This is wonderful info I didn't know I didn't have to carry everything around!

LOL. Someone may want to tell him the price of the Pilot 2 and Pilot 3 licenses :D He is going to have a cow.

Yup 210k is spendy but I have to reach for the nitro every time I level up.Skills cost bite.Still this isn't the first person I heard that had problem.It is new to the majority of folks so it will take time to learn the ins and outs.Just like anything else.

I never saw that warning, I would have greatly appreciated that warning. They need to make those kind of things a lot more visible. Things pop up on the screen all the time and if you're not careful those little yellow notes that pop up from time to time disappear and I still don't know where to find them.

Clearer? Just read the damn tips. They pop out, you read them. You x 'em out, you're going to have to grind for credits, it seems.

What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

What kind of old school gamer has no idea that you will have to buy a mount at 25, and you should probably check at some point before that to find out how much you need.

L2P

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

LAWL

sorry. you should have 60k by the time you hit 25.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.