Hero of Tython and Barsen'thor early training question

Pingonaut

Both the Hero of Tython and Barsen'thor arrive on Tython and are treated as if they've never been on Tython and have never met any of the Masters there. My question is where would they have been during their entire training as Jedi if not on Tython, and why have they never met the Masters? I believe it is possible they've met some of the Masters before, and were just padawans, nothing of note and that's why they were not remembered, but how would they have never been to Tython before, if all other padawans went there in their early training (because Coruscant's academy was destroyed)?

Tython is where they finish their training, as was Coruscant before, they would have trained on a number of worlds under a number of masters. I don't know if you read the Exar Kun/ulic Qel-Droma comics (which were great btw), but this is what was shown for Nomi Sunrider, she trains on several worlds, with numerous other apprentices (this was pre-padawan, in the real world at least). I don't know the names of any of their training planets, but this came up Kamparas

Tython is where they finish their training, as was Coruscant before, they would have trained on a number of worlds under a number of masters. I don't know if you read the Exar Kun/ulic Qel-Droma comics (which were great btw), but this is what was shown for Nomi Sunrider, she trains on several worlds, with numerous other apprentices (this was pre-padawan, in the real world at least). I don't know the names of any of their training planets, but this came up Kamparas

How come there are so many new padawans there? Like Fia, who joined the Order weeks ago, or the padawans who haven't even gotten combat training yet?

I just find it odd that they never visited Tython before, in the likely 15 or more years of training.

Edited by Pingonaut

It's not really as cut-and-dry as "new/young Padawans train on other worlds; Experienced Padawans train on Tython" I think it's more a matter of the Padawans training wherever the Master they're learning under happens to be doing their Jedi-ing.

If the Master is an instructor at the Tython Academy, chances are the Padawan will have spent nearly their whole life on Tython, if the Master is a Watchman over an Outer Rim sector, chances are the Padawan will go years without even seeing the Core.

It's not really as cut-and-dry as "new/young Padawans train on other worlds; Experienced Padawans train on Tython" I think it's more a matter of the Padawans training wherever the Master they're learning under happens to be doing their Jedi-ing.

If the Master is an instructor at the Tython Academy, chances are the Padawan will have spent nearly their whole life on Tython, if the Master is a Watchman over an Outer Rim sector, chances are the Padawan will go years without even seeing the Core.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense! I made a thread about this question once before, but I never got an answer: Who do you (anyone) think would have been a good master(s) for the Hero?

Oh, that makes a lot of sense! I made a thread about this question once before, but I never got an answer: Who do you (anyone) think would have been a good master(s) for the Hero?

Hope someone can help you out on this front - I'm afraid the only Republic character I've made much progress on has been the Knight and all the Jedi you meet as a Knight pretty much say "Hello young Jedi whom I have never met before, my name is _____", pretty well ruling them out as being a good fit for his prior Master.

Thinking of the Jedi you encounter on the Empire side, only name that comes to mind would be Nomen Karr who was a pretty powerful Jedi Master - he definitely trained multiple apprentices. He was constantly fighting something of a private war against Darth Baras by rooting out Imperial spies throughout the Republic, so it might make sense that he was away from Tython for significant stretches of time. Deciding to focus all his attention and efforts on training Jaesa Willsaam could be a reason why he sent the Hero off to Tython to finish his/her training too.

Edited by DarthDymond

There are multiple Jedi temples. As it was implied that both the Hero of Tython and the Barsen'thor had followed the usual path to becoming a Jedi (trained since childhood), they would have been trained at one or more of those other temples.

It is also likely that at least a few years prior to arriving Tython they had been occasionally accompanying their masters on various tasks of missions throughout the galaxy. (think Obi Wan in A Phantom Menace)

We don't encounter the Hero of Tython's master in the game. All the named Jedi on Tython and other planets have dialogue that rules them out as being the Hero of Tython's previous master. If you want to use a named character in the setting for the Hero's previous master, there are options however. There are several Jedi on the Council for example, who we don't meet in the game.

Nikil Nobil and Oric Traless for example.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I always just assumed that the Knight was part of large groups of students training under lots of instructors at other academies. Before coming to Tython they had never actually been singled out by a particular Jedi to take on as a padawan.

Since I think you have to be a padawan and have a particular master in order to receive instruction on objectives for your trial, the plan for those without a master that late in the training process is to probably run around the galaxy as necessary helping other Jedi indefinitely until one of them takes them on. And some of them probably never get a master, and so never become padawan or full knights.

And since selecting a padawan appears to involve some degree of intuition through the force, it's not unreasonable that the Knight might even have impressed some of the other Jedi with their fighting prowess and they'd considered taking them as a padawan, but they had a feeling that the Knight was meant for other things.

The Consular has Master Yuon from the very beginning.