Galactic Starfighter Question

Pingonaut

I'm really considering starting a new Jedi Guardian, but there's a certain piece of equipment I want to use at a certain time in the story, and this is at a level before dailies so I can't farm leveling that way. That means I'll level via starfighter.

My question is, do you think I should wait until the flashpoint comes out and introduces you to Starfighter officially, making more sense from a RP standpoint, or just go with it now?

ATTEMPTING TO PROCESS INQUIRY...

PROCESSING...

PROCESSING...

PROCESSING...

PROCESSING...

PROCESSING...

ERROR. SYNTAX MISMATCH. REQUIRE MORE INPUT.

If I understand this correctly, you are attempting to attain a level BEYOND Tython to be able to equip this item for a Jedi Knight event during the story ON Tython.

So again if I am understanding this, you want to equip something endgame before the JK storyline even has you past your first quest of defending the Gnarls.

IF THIS IS TRUE:

Then no, it's not okay. The first rule of RP is that you NEVER Role Play AS the storyline hero. Even if you were to, understand that from a Lore Stand point. Tython is is the Hero of Tython's Trials and Training. The Hero of Tython has NOTHING MORE ADVANCED then what the quest reward items give them. That mean no robe beyond the Padawan robes you see around the Initiates, and no lightsabers until they get to the Forge.

You won't even get to decide what route you pursue until you're "made a Knight" when you leave.

HOWEVER:

If this is NOT true and that you are trying to go for a specific look for screenshotting purposes, that's OOC. Nothing wrong with that there.

If you are NOT roleplaying as the storyline hero then it's a mood point since anything that happens in the JK storyline did NOT happen to your character. So it's whatever, do as you please. That means you freely level up to the desire level for the desired look and RP at the level you want to roleplay at. (Though I strongly advise against playing an initiate in fancy robes with a Lightsaber. Again lore dictates the equipment at certain levels. Padawan if had a master could get away with it.)

-removed-

That was the weirdest post I've ever seen. No, I'm doing it for my own personal RP, not with others. It's to add immersion when playing through the story. Maybe this wasn't the right place to post it..

Edited by Pingonaut

....I'm doing it for my own personal RP, not with others....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Welcome to Roleplay Rook.

Honestly what it sounds like to me is that you are having trouble trying to put what you're trying to say into words.

Let's back up.

From what I am reading as well as what you are trying to say is that you are trying to level up so that you can wear a specific piece of gear for roleplay purposes.

And DON'T say it's for "Personal Roleplay without others". Roleplaying is more or less a social activity. If you wanted to solo roleplay I can think of several other games better suited for that.

Getting back to the crux of the issue. There's an item you want to wear for roleplay but it's at a higher level then what a new person can wear. In which case there is no problem in playing the storyline up to fleet and using the daily PvP, GSF, FP's to level. I've done it. So have others.

If you're looking for immersion on the 1-50 storyline, the quest rewards for playing the game straight through give items that are very much relevant to the character at that time.

Understand that roleplaying is a combination of Storytelling, Lore, and Acting.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

How about you stop being vague and give us a run down on what EXACTLY you're trying to do. Are you trying to roleplay a Jedi or a melee user? Or is it a Force Adept? Are you trying to enrich the 1-50 content BW already has in place or are you trying to carve out your own story? What is this specific item you are trying to give to this Jedi Guardian and how will it make your experience "immersive"?