Need help with Sin tank

Lordshonsu

Hi im lvl 52 atm and working towards a 36/5/5 build.

so far when im doing the gree event currently i keep dying even though im running the build correctly and have a healer healing me. Is there a better build that can help me stay alive without having a healer?

The matter of the fact is that a sin is a far better asset to the team being the sneaky ninjaing bastard that nobody of the enemy team hopes to encounter.

Especially if you know when and where to go and how to overtake objectives even before you touched the defender.

If you're tanking as an assassin. Stop. Quit wasting everyone's time. Go deception or madness and stop wasting ops and PvP slots as a teams tank.

No. In PvE all tank classes are equal. In PvP Arenas no one uses a tank anymore (apart from assassin tank and powertech tank hybrids) and in pvp warzones sin tanks are more then capable of doing stuff.

@First post: Build is more or less correct, probably it's a gearing issue or you are not using stuff like Force Shroud.

No. In PvE all tank classes are equal. In PvP Arenas no one uses a tank anymore (apart from assassin tank and powertech tank hybrids) and in pvp warzones sin tanks are more then capable of doing stuff.

@First post: Build is more or less correct, probably it's a gearing issue or you are not using stuff like Force Shroud.

An assassin tank in PVE is complete GARBAGE. Assassins should be in DPS, NOT in tanking. An absolute waste of a tank slot to have an assassin filling as a tank. In no way can an assassin even compare to a Juggernaut or Powertech. Not at all.

And FYI, two tanks, one DPS, one heals is the standard for ranked battles.

Edited by benovide

The matter of the fact is that a sin is a far better asset to the team being the sneaky ninjaing bastard that nobody of the enemy team hopes to encounter.

Especially if you know when and where to go and how to overtake objectives even before you touched the defender.

Someone who has a clue.

An assassin tank in PVE is complete GARBAGE. Assassins should be in DPS, NOT in tanking. An absolute waste of a tank slot to have an assassin filling as a tank. In no way can an assassin even compare to a Juggernaut or Powertech. Not at all.

I wonder why the world first and the world second guild for both tfb and sv nim used an assassin tank then?

And no, the standard for ranked battles is hybrid tank + 1-2 dps + 1-2 operative healer.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

Tbh, I don't think PvE sin tank is in such a bad state. With a little gear it's no problem to clear any of the content that the game has to offer.

You honestly don't even need good gear for anything but the dread instances on hard and current nightmare modes ;)

I surely didn't tank any HM Xenos for anyone this event. I'm certainly not in the tanking rotation for my guild either. If you don't see the benefit in a Sin tank then you don't understand the game. There are bonuses to every tank class in the game and overall they're well balanced. Sins still are not perfect, but they are better and more stable than they were, hold aggro almost without effort, give a stackable bonus to healing, can stealth res, completely ignore damage in the right situations such as during Xeno's thermal. I have no idea why I'm typing this as your bias is evident as is an undertone of anger for some reason, but anyway there it is.

For PVE Sin tanking, you should check out this guide:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=702444

It was put together by Tenebras of <Death and Taxes>. He goes over different builds and how to be an effective Sin tank in PVE. I also put some alternate builds up there that I personally use.

For how to gear yourself once you are 55, check out:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

...and...

http://syngex.net/tankstats/index.php

If you're tanking as an assassin. Stop. Quit wasting everyone's time. Go deception or madness and stop wasting ops and PvP slots as a teams tank.

Okay, the following pertains to PvE content:

I can't believe how incredibly stupid these posts are. Did I travel to some bizarre alternate reality, where every boss exclusively deals 45k hits twice per second? You certainly aren't basing your nonsense on facts, because assassins have been the tank with the best mean mitigation for a while now. There were some problems with spikiness, but even those are largely fixed now. And, of course, spikes were only a problem in Nightmare ops. I'd wager most of the game population has never even seen those.

To the OP: Your spec should be alright, plus there's really not much to screw up. Perhaps whatever is killing you just wants you to be 55. Or your healer isn't quite up to the task, it's difficult to judge from little data.

Don't let those dimwits discourage you, though. My assassin main tanked all the way through HM scum & villainy and terror from beyond, as well as every boss in HM dread fortress (though the last one refuses to die as of now). Sin tanks are perfectly fine, and in many situations extremely well adapted.

As a Assassin tank Amen Tacito. don't listen to this ignorant ppl that say that assassin tank is useless. Here is why they are saying it :

1. They are dps that don't have the b**** to roll a tank .

2. Assassin tank is challenging yes and some ppl that say roll a jugg or PT is because they are easier . (i have all 3)

So i wont change my assassin no matter what,in fact i have the other 2 inactive, they clear all content in Hm and NiM. Don't let nobody discourage you on what to play and last but not least have fun .:rak_03:

As a Assassin tank Amen Tacito. don't listen to this ignorant ppl that say that assassin tank is useless. Here is why they are saying it :

1. They are dps that don't have the b**** to roll a tank .

2. Assassin tank is challenging yes and some ppl that say roll a jugg or PT is because they are easier . (i have all 3)

So i wont change my assassin no matter what,in fact i have the other 2 inactive, they clear all content in Hm and NiM. Don't let nobody discourage you on what to play and last but not least have fun .:rak_03:

Assassin tanks are the primary cause to wipes when they are playing as tanks. They cannot hold down and area in pvp like a tech/jugg can. They lose HP at incredible rates. And the bulk of healers can barely keep them alive if at all.

They are a co.pletely wasted slot.

Who said i was doin a sin tank for pvp. Ive tanked before and im gettin the hang of it. I'm mostly pve and endgame.

just reached 55. workin on gear my guy up so he can do endgame runs.

ive been in a group with another tank and i can take aggro off of the other tank. the only thing i need to work on is my mitigation and casting of defense spells