Grass Draw-Distance

Sahee

Ignore this guy everyone! He's clearly a troll! Only a troll says they are having bacon later and doesn't offer it to everyone else. He's taunting me... :mad: Feed the hungry man!

My apologies kind sir. Of course I would, if I could, share the bacon flavored ice cream. I will be sharing it today with my family members of course. If you can get to where I am, I would gladly buy you a bowl of this fine delicacy.

Edited by Klarick

It's a dilemma... the grass looks really beautiful which means I don't want to turn it completely off, seems like I have to get used to this issue. I think the chance to get an official post regarding this issue is pretty low but who knows... maybe there is someone in the community who can explain why increased (grass) draw distance means higher server load, as I think that the server performance has nothing to do with this issue. Only plausible cause could be the engine itself, as I already do encounter micro-stutter here and there (especially when many people are on the screen at once)... this could potentially worsen with increased graphical settings.

Here is a video which is showing the problem pretty clearly:

It seems like it has been like this in the game since 2011... I cannot see even a marginal improvement.

Edited by Sahee

Just stop Sahee. Just stop. Quit trolling. What difference would ANY answer be to you. Lets say the answer is The HERO engine is so bad, horrible, a travesty to modern society, and it is the reason cats hate dogs. Would that be enough of an answer for you?

In the end, it just doesnt matter. It is a red herring that you are using to troll the forum.

Why WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW? What difference would it make for you to know the exact reason of why a blade of grass isnt being drawn to your specifications?

Who cares that, IN YOUR EYES, the engine is very weak? Who are you? Who in your "special snowflake" brain are you? If you dont like it then dont play it. If you dont like the hero engine stop playing games that use it. It really is simple.

Bottomline: You dont need to know the exact reason that a blade of grass doesnt behave the way you think it should, as it would change absolutly nothing.

Why are you being such a jerk?

Anyway I would also like to know if anything can be done about the grass draw distance, and I agree that at this point it looks like another failure at "attention to detail" for EA/Bioware.

The in-game grass quality slider adjusts the density of grass, the draw distance of grass is fixed and can't be increased. The tree quality slider does improve the distance that higher quality tree foliage renders.

The in-game graphics settings are so spartan for an mmo.

its at its worst on Voss, man that planet could have been great. They must manufacture great lawnmowers

Voss is bad! But, Quesh is equally as bad or worse. I couldn't stop noticing it today as I ran my 3 chars there for the Gree droid.

The in-game grass quality slider adjusts the density of grass, the draw distance of grass is fixed and can't be increased. The tree quality slider does improve the distance that higher quality tree foliage renders.

The in-game graphics settings are so spartan for an mmo.

Agreed. The lack of options is embarrassing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.