The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rocket Punch & Strength

Cempa

Rocket Punch damage is increased by Aim or Strength

your question is a very good one these other two individuals trying to answer you are doing so without actually looking at what the stats say. So i will try to articulate the delema better. This is something that i have wondered myself for a long time but this is what i got for you...

Rocket punch is a melee attack since it has a 4m range. For VG/PT strength increases melee damage and melee crit so from my position and from a technically position Rocket Punch should be affected by strength however you never really know what weird things Bioware will do so my answer to you isn't 100% unless a dev comes out and explains it.

Edited by Is-ith

your question is a very good one these other two individuals trying to answer you are doing so without actually looking at what the stats say. So i will try to articulate the delema better. This is something that i have wondered myself for a long time but this is what i got for you...

Rocket punch is a melee attack since it has a 4m range. For VG/PT strength increases melee damage and melee crit so from my position and from a technically position Rocket Punch should be affected by strength however you never really know what weird things Bioware will do so my answer to you isn't 100% unless a dev comes out and explains it.

That is incorrect. RP is NOT a melee attack. It is a TECH attack. Melee attack is white damage not yellow. Strength does nothing for this attack because it is not a white damage/melee attack. It is a tech yellow damage attack! 4m attack has nothing to do with attack type unfortunately. Please do not put any strength on BH.

That is incorrect. RP is NOT a melee attack. It is a TECH attack. Melee attack is white damage not yellow. Strength does nothing for this attack because it is not a white damage/melee attack. It is a tech yellow damage attack! 4m attack has nothing to do with attack type unfortunately. Please do not put any strength on BH.

Yes.

For those who dont know, Yellow damage ticks are Tech/Force attack ticks. while White damage ticks are Melee/Ranged. And, Rocket Punch has yellow damage ticks, so it's affected by Aim, and Cunning. as a BH, dont stack cunning, but any Cunning Datacrons you can find WILL help your damage.