[Video] Sorc and Merc pvp with our beloved TOFN people

Nightkin

Sorc 0/16/30 spec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0saXcL_Oofs

Merc "arsenal" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2ZGiFZAYM

Just got back into how fun it is to record and such, im still a complete noob when it comes to editing so you will have to make do without fancy tricks! :)

I also enjoy reviewing your manual on how to succeed as a merc :)

Edited by helloder

First, I actually recommended your video to someone who wanted to see what a dot spec or heavy dot hybrid is like so I don't have a problem with your video. That said, and don't get me wrong now because I'm not trying to take a stab at you or instigate something (which is why I avoided the PvP forum thread and replied here instead), I cannot understand why you chose to showcase that particular video. It's a standard game with normal damage, you had two deaths and you were followed around by a healer most of the time. It would have been more interesting to watch you pug a +2K game with zero deaths and no pocket healer.

First, I actually recommended your video to someone who wanted to see what a dot spec or heavy dot hybrid is like so I don't have a problem with your video. That said, and don't get me wrong now because I'm not trying to take a stab at you or instigate something (which is why I avoided the PvP forum thread and replied here instead), I cannot understand why you chose to showcase that particular video. It's a standard game with normal damage, you had two deaths and you were followed around by a healer most of the time. It would have been more interesting to watch you pug a +2K game with zero deaths and no pocket healer.

No offence taken, no worries :)

It was the only one i had frapsed and ready that wasnt a complete disaster x)

I will make more recordings when i get the time and i will try to improve my gear, min/maxing is a dreadful business.

That said, i have had games with far better damage but you know how it is when you get super high dps, its usually a draw at NC where both sides have loads of healers and tanks. And Cry'ree is not "my" pocket healer, that he tagged along was my pleasure though, heals never hurt!

Thanks for your feedback though :)

MIdi <B hardcore. :p

No offence taken, no worries :)

It was the only one i had frapsed and ready that wasnt a complete disaster x)

I will make more recordings when i get the time and i will try to improve my gear, min/maxing is a dreadful business.

That said, i have had games with far better damage but you know how it is when you get super high dps, its usually a draw at NC where both sides have loads of healers and tanks. And Cry'ree is not "my" pocket healer, that he tagged along was my pleasure though, heals never hurt!

Thanks for your feedback though :)

I didn't want to bash you either but when you were focused by the Shadow/Sentinel you died in seven seconds. I was suprised to see how many people were just running away from you to go to the pylon. The shadow was on you earlier but you had healing support as another mentioned.

I did notice you and the merc focus firing when you were together which was good. The hybrid is a bit soft so you and the merc may want to brush up on a little cross healing if one of you is in a little trouble and the operative isn't around. Also try to stay in the area so if you get stunned he can step in and aoe knock back or stun or use his whirlwind effect I can't recall the name but it's a long duration stun. That way you two can be more effective using both cc's cross healing if needed and focus firing.

I didn't want to bash you either but when you were focused by the Shadow/Sentinel you died in seven seconds. I was suprised to see how many people were just running away from you to go to the pylon. The shadow was on you earlier but you had healing support as another mentioned.

I did notice you and the merc focus firing when you were together which was good. The hybrid is a bit soft so you and the merc may want to brush up on a little cross healing if one of you is in a little trouble and the operative isn't around. Also try to stay in the area so if you get stunned he can step in and aoe knock back or stun or use his whirlwind effect I can't recall the name but it's a long duration stun. That way you two can be more effective using both cc's cross healing if needed and focus firing.

7 glorious seconds! The difference in survivability between classes can be quite staggering as im sure you know. I got mauled for 11k today, full obroan and 2018 expertise, quickly followed by several very high crits from shock/discharge/assassinate. It is very difficult to save yourself in those situations :mad:

16% ish dmg mitigation as is the norm for sorcs is poo at the very best of times. Have to use a adrenal stim to even reach what a scoundrel have as baseline ~ish :D

Oh well, it happens. However i do appreciate the feedback, you can always improve as a player and it is very difficult to do that without getting tips from other people!

You amy want to look into a full Madness spec as the reduction to damage while stunned is pretty huge. In most cases an op or sin can open on you and come away with very little damage. I have soloed quite a few stealth classes that figure they will get me while stunned and really just tank the damage with that 30% reduction and also the extra 2% plus expertise. Not stunned is another thing. With the 30% reduction while stunned and the 15% periodic those values get upped to 32% and 17% .

So your dropping their damage by almost a 1/3 while stunned and a non crit is just a little dust you can brush off your shoulder even a back to back maul crits would not take you below 50%. Then you just shield unatural preservation get your kite started and your back at 75-80% and have not lost a whole lot of health and they have wasted a stun and energy/force in trying to burn you where you are the most resistant.

After a heavy dose of slow, affliction, creeping terror, death field and when you get distant force lighting until they get close then knockback more slows roots force lightning, wrath proc crushing darkness if it's on CD then Lightning Strike then Electrocute/Reckless Force Lightning.

Madness

Yes im very familiar with full madness spec, it is a fun spec for sure and i have played it on and off, probably one of the strongest 1vs1 specs versus a lot of classes. Its just that i really enjoy the barrage procs and the added force management from the lightning tree.

I have adapted my spec since this video to include bubble stun, i dont know why i didnt use that before (stupid mistake) wich makes surviving a bit easier atleast. But thanks for your detailed feedback, i appreciate it!

You amy want to look into a full Madness spec as the reduction to damage while stunned is pretty huge. In most cases an op or sin can open on you and come away with very little damage. I have soloed quite a few stealth classes that figure they will get me while stunned and really just tank the damage with that 30% reduction and also the extra 2% plus expertise. Not stunned is another thing. With the 30% reduction while stunned and the 15% periodic those values get upped to 32% and 17% .

So your dropping their damage by almost a 1/3 while stunned and a non crit is just a little dust you can brush off your shoulder even a back to back maul crits would not take you below 50%. Then you just shield unatural preservation get your kite started and your back at 75-80% and have not lost a whole lot of health and they have wasted a stun and energy/force in trying to burn you where you are the most resistant.

After a heavy dose of slow, affliction, creeping terror, death field and when you get distant force lighting until they get close then knockback more slows roots force lightning, wrath proc crushing darkness if it's on CD then Lightning Strike then Electrocute/Reckless Force Lightning.

what he said.

Yes im very familiar with full madness spec, it is a fun spec for sure and i have played it on and off, probably one of the strongest 1vs1 specs versus a lot of classes. Its just that i really enjoy the barrage procs and the added force management from the lightning tree.

I have adapted my spec since this video to include bubble stun, i dont know why i didnt use that before (stupid mistake) wich makes surviving a bit easier atleast. But thanks for your detailed feedback, i appreciate it!

shut ur face! :eek: