Greatest/Funniest GSF Moments

Callaron

What are some of the GSF moments that really stand out to you?

For me so far it's been;

1) I'm guarding a satelite with my Gunship and some ship (either a Scout or a Fighter) comes flying straight at me, firing his laser at me while he's still way out of range - in the meanwhile I'm charging up my railgun and then... BOOM, one shot!

A respawn later he comes back for a repeat. :D

2) I wind up flying into the exhaustion zone with my shields gone, my hull in the red and a bogey on my tail - but rather than letting me get killed by the exhaustion zone, my enemy keeps chasing me all the way into it... and a few moments later we both self-destruct. :p

Kuat Mesa on the outside wall around B with two chasing me. Wall all around me, frantically looking for one of those doors in the wall. YAY I finally found one! (I noticed the man made ledge sticking out from it) Speed boost, turn in...to a grate/fence that was blocking that doorway off. Dam you dummy doors!

Last night everyone was fighting around Node B, so it was a superior team against ours, but that meant good pilots following bad pilots in a straight line. I was able to follow all targets and kill them all, finishing the match with 26 straight kills and 80k+ damage. Good times.

Kuat Mesa. Around B is my favorite place so far. So many possibilities.

I was being tailed by a Scout that was shooting at me non stop for at least 20 seconds, missed every shot (I've been there so no snub there). We were flying inside the structure near B weaving in and out of those beams or whatever.

I boost towards that little box exit/entrance on the wall with him on my six at least 10 m behind... adjust my nose up and hit my Retro and watched him faceplant the wall in a glorious explosion.

Greates: I was up against the guys I usually group with, meaning they're damn good and they'll probably focus me because they know I'm good too, but somehow I was in the zone! Even tho I had probably three scouts on my six trying to get a missile lock on me, and a gunboat trying to snipe me, I managed to get out of every situation and at the same time win the match and be on the top of the score board.

Funniest: I was guarding a node and doing it successfully because these three guys kept coming at me ignoring the other nodes. After a while the got smart and came at me all together instead of one and one. First guy is a little bit ahead of the rest and come straight at me so I pop BO and DF, blow him up and he leaves a cloud or dust right infront of me and the node then a cascade of laser shots is coming my way and I just keep firing my lasers even tho I don't see them but it turns out the don't see me or the node either thanks to the smoke so with full speed then fly right past me and suicide into the node :D

Not sure if it qualifies for this thread, but anyway:

Kuat Mesa, we hold C, they hold A, there is a battle for B. Eventually we capture B, but in the meantime C gets under attack so I head there. I arrive when the pannels are one step from full red (node still blue) so I know I can't leave the cap zone. Which is bad since the single attacker left there is behind me, so I'm the mouse in a cat/mouse game. This game lasts well over a minute with no one else arriving - the rest of my team decided to three-cap and went for A, and the rest of the enemy team is dogfighting them there. Finally, I manage to outmaneuver my opponent, get his ship into aiming circle and hit Bypass - and crash right into the satellite, since I hit Snap Turn instead. C is immediately lost, and so is the game eventually (since we never got the cap on A).

Defending Point C on Kuat Mesa., solo in my Gunship. Took out 2 waves of three attackers, then a wave of two, taking those two dogfighting. My shields had taken a beating, and I was feeling like something of a bad ***, so I went to shift power to my shields in preparation for the next attack... Hit the wrong button.....Barrel Rolled myself straight into the satellite.

At which point one of my guildies yells into his mic "YOU CAN"T KILL ME! ONLY I CAN KILL ME!"

:D

Just today I was at a node on my Pub pilot char in my Novadive, it was white... And me and a Sting were both circling the same satellite in opposite directions, taking pot-shots at each other whenever we crossed paths for two full minutes until reinforcements and peeled him off the node... We were like two really annoying and confrontational electrons :p

EDIT: Just had a new bout of awesomeness this morning on my Pub... Kuat, node C. I was in my Nova, and a friendly gunship parked by the node. It was like a silent agreement, no communication was made. I would detect and keep the enemies busy whilst the gunship sniped 'em down... Boost to the hostile, sharp burst of fire + rockets, boost back to the node. I would distract the enemies and they'd focus me whilst the ice cold killer in the gunship racked up the kills. Ended up with just one kill but had 8 assists, no deaths and a whole bunch of objective points... Gunship got 17 kills :eek: It was like he was shooting the proverbial fish in a barrel!

It was a thing of beauty... :o

Edited by archifikoss