There's an option not to join FP in-progress

Sadishist

I always wonder why people get upset about this -- I guess I don't have the requisite gene.

The way I look at is: Since you don't need Ws to finish your weekly anymore, an in-progress WZ just means I have to spend less time getting credit for one match completed. If it's a massacre, i can still usually pick up my minimum 3 medals, and if there isn't enough time to do even that, well it's usually a very short stay for my 1 match credit.

I'd rather get one of these than have to play through a whole match with a bunch of newbs who don't have a chance of winning as that entails a lot more pain and suffering. :)

I always wonder why people get upset about this -- I guess I don't have the requisite gene.

The way I look at is: Since you don't need Ws to finish your weekly anymore, an in-progress WZ just means I have to spend less time getting credit for one match completed. If it's a massacre, i can still usually pick up my minimum 3 medals, and if there isn't enough time to do even that, well it's usually a very short stay for my 1 match credit.

I'd rather get one of these than have to play through a whole match with a bunch of newbs who don't have a chance of winning as that entails a lot more pain and suffering. :)

Sounds like you just play for medals, I play for fun. Joining someone else's losing game isn't fun. Neither is waiting in queue, and losing your spot on the queue to join it just wastes my fun time.

Fun is all about having freedom of choice. In this case, the choice not to join WZ in-progress just like the "not join FP in-progress" option.

Edited by Sadishist

Ya, I don't have an issue with joining in progress wzs. But I also don't have a problem when the team wont listen, or when we get totally trounced. I just enjoy pvp...

@Sad I manage to have fun in all the wzs, win, loss, so forth. PvP is about the PvP, not the win, not the numbers, not the medals. It's about the PvP.

Edited by VulgarMercurius

Ya, I don't have an issue with joining in progress wzs. But I also don't have a problem when the team wont listen, or when we get totally trounced. I just enjoy pvp...

That is precisely why we need this option. So people like you who want to take those spots get it instead of people who don't want it wasting queue time joining and leaving one (and also leaves the empty spot open longer for the poor team playing). Everyone wins.

Edited by Sadishist

Or they just do something like putting in a debuff which results in loss of valor/credits/commendations for people who quit warzones or simply increase incentives for staying in one.

A peculiar thing is that my suggestion doesn't hurt quitters one bit.

Edited by Sadishist

Quitters aren't a problem in PvE. If they added an option like this in PvP most players would activate it and warzones would be shutting down due to quitters much more often.

Not true, there would be many players that wouldn't toggle it. At least 2 posters who posted in this thread already would be willing to join a losing team, for example. And they stated why very nicely as well. Would be perfect.

Edited by Sadishist

A peculiar thing is that my suggestion doesn't hurt quitters one bit.

Which is why there should be some negative effect for either leaving a warzone early or a more positive effect for staying.

Quitters aren't a problem in PvE. If they added an option like this in PvP most players would activate it and warzones would be shutting down due to quitters much more often.

Agreed. It sucks to get into a warzone because someone raged quit but probably the entire player base would use this feature all but eliminating any chance of a backfill resulting in shutdowns when a team is getting steam rolled.

Not true, there would be many players that wouldn't toggle it. At least 2 posters who posted in this thread already would be willing to join a losing team, for example. And they stated why very nicely as well. Would be perfect.

Mhmm, I don't mind joining late, win or lose, but I think your idea is garbage and that quitters should have a week long debuff where they can't join a queue for anything. Not because their behavior bothers me too much, or at all, I just don't appreciate whiners, quitters and entitled "pros".

Also, did it occur to you, OP, that the quitters will be the ones most likely to use this toggle feature? So, they quit, and queue again for the next wz. In fact, they are likely the majority of people that would use this feature... hmm, OP, are you a quitter? Part of the problem causing the issue your brilliant notion seeks to correct? I mean (sure I'm being a little snide, but really OP) it really seems like something someone who quits would want. So they don't have to requeue and be embarrassed when they rejoin the same wz, and twice as embarrassed when the team the quit on makes a comeback.

Mhmm, I don't mind joining late, win or lose, but I think your idea is garbage and that quitters should have a week long debuff where they can't join a queue for anything. Not because their behavior bothers me too much, or at all, I just don't appreciate whiners, quitters and entitled "pros".

A week might a tad harsh but I wouldn't mind a system where it builds from 10 minutes up to a week given how many times a person bails on their team.

A week might a tad harsh but I wouldn't mind a system where it builds from 10 minutes up to a week given how many times a person bails on their team.

Ya, I'm a little harsh. But, quitters have to be people that weren't raised to understand that they exist in a universe with other living beings. Or they are sociopaths that can't understand other living beings have internal lives like them. Either way they should be dealt with harshly, so as to teach them what their families and society has failed to. :D

Since no one answered yet, I will.

In ops you have a weekly that involves getting up to a certain part (killing operator IX in TFB or thrasher in SnV for example) and you might not want to risk losing your weekly by getting stuck in an op that is past your weekly (which is where most people quit btw). If that happens you are either forced to continue, or leave and go in the back of the queue line.

Also you miss comms and a chance for an arkanian piece for every boss you miss.

That is why there is a choice.

Nothing extraordinary happens if you are put in the middle of a wz. You could just leave and re-queue without too much downtime, or you stay, finish up, get your comms and valor and be on your way. You don't lose a chance to get comms/armor or your weekly by getting thrown in the middle of a wz.

Didn't say I want to take those spots. Being indifferent is not the same as desire.

Exactly. That was my point. It's not that this is fun -- I would much rather enjoy a competitive hard fought match. Winning in a blowout isn't really any more fun than losing in one. Or not much more, anyway. ;)

it's just that of all the things I want BW to fix in PvP, this isn't anywhere near the top of my list. Not even close.

Since no one answered yet, I will.

In ops you have a weekly that involves getting up to a certain part (killing operator IX in TFB or thrasher in SnV for example) and you might not want to risk losing your weekly by getting stuck in an op that is past your weekly (which is where most people quit btw). If that happens you are either forced to continue, or leave and go in the back of the queue line.

Also you miss comms and a chance for an arkanian piece for every boss you miss.

That is why there is a choice.

Nothing extraordinary happens if you are put in the middle of a wz. You could just leave and re-queue without too much downtime, or you stay, finish up, get your comms and valor and be on your way. You don't lose a chance to get comms/armor or your weekly by getting thrown in the middle of a wz.

I appreciate your straight answer.

I was talking more about Flashpoints than an Op. It's nothing drastic if you're put in the middle of a losing WZ, but rather an inconvenience that happens to frequently and wastes too much of my fun time since it tends to happen every other WZ match on my server. If it was something that happens once a day at most, I wouldn't mind it. But it happens a lot and the WZ queue time is taking longer on average, and that makes it more than just a minor inconvenience so I suggested a win-win solution fun for everyone.

I don't get much fun from getting beat if a match I had no control over, after all. Some people do find it fun, and they can join instead.

Edited by Sadishist

Sounds like you just play for medals, I play for fun. Joining someone else's losing game isn't fun. Neither is waiting in queue, and losing your spot on the queue to join it just wastes my fun time.

Fun is all about having freedom of choice. In this case, the choice not to join WZ in-progress just like the "not join FP in-progress" option.

Missed my point entirely. It's just that in the scheme of things, this is way down the list of priorities. You are almost as likely to end up in a crap situation when you're in from jump with a PUG as you are when you join in progress.

And to be honest, come from behind Ws are often the sweetest. i distinctly recall joining one beatdown on Alderaan in progress with two other guys, and we turned it around in < 60 seconds. We ended up winning the match 10-0 and it was one of the sweetest Ws I've ever experienced.

It's not that I care more about medals / comms (especially since I get more comms from a full match than a partial one) -- it's that this just isn't as big a deal as ridiculous team compositions in Arenas, borked relic procs, glitches in capping, etc., etc.

Exactly. That was my point. It's not that this is fun -- I would much rather enjoy a competitive hard fought match. Winning in a blowout isn't really any more fun than losing in one. Or not much more, anyway. ;)

it's just that of all the things I want BW to fix in PvP, this isn't anywhere near the top of my list. Not even close.

Mhmm, I agree.

Missed my point entirely. It's just that in the scheme of things, this is way down the list of priorities. You are almost as likely to end up in a crap situation when you're in from jump with a PUG as you are when you join in progress.

And to be honest, come from behind Ws are often the sweetest. i distinctly recall joining one beatdown on Alderaan in progress with two other guys, and we turned it around in < 60 seconds. We ended up winning the match 10-0 and it was one of the sweetest Ws I've ever experienced.

It's not that I care more about medals / comms (especially since I get more comms from a full match than a partial one) -- it's that this just isn't as big a deal as ridiculous team compositions in Arenas, borked relic procs, glitches in capping, etc., etc.

I'm in agreement here as well. Come back victories are delicious.

One of my favorite wzs was about 1 min long. I spawned, got off the spawning platform and the match was over. I wrote in general "lol just joined and it's over" I got 4 mvps that wz. Still makes me chuckle.

mhmm, i agree.

I'm in agreement here as well. Come back victories are delicious.

One of my favorite wzs was about 1 min long. I spawned, got off the spawning platform and the match was over. I wrote in general "lol just joined and it's over" i got 4 mvps that wz. Still makes me chuckle.

lolol

• 3 weeks later...

There's nothing to fix, this feature is already in the game. Group finder currently utilize it, so should WZ queue. Your point is moot on that.

Edited by Sadishist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.