Rotating your toon while Force Barrier is active

Sadishist

There's a way to turn your toon (not just the player view) while you are using Force Barrier.

You just have to zoom in all the way until it's in 1st-person view, and then you can use right-mouse button to turn. Left-mouse button only changes your view, not rotate your toon, so don't use left-mouse to turn.

It's useful for turning towards enemies who go behind you while you are in Force Barrier, without breaking your barrier.

Edited by Sadishist

Cant you just use right click to rotate your entire view normally? or does that for some stupid reason break your Force Barrier?

Most of the time it breaks from what I observe. I am one of those people who stand behind sorcs that use this barrier, because I AM going to kill them when it ends... SPLAT! Every time. It's just fun for me, sorry!

I have however seen a couple of people turn while casting this, but it looks like a keyboard turn. It is slower than I would expect it to be if they were using a mouse turn. I say this because I watched a dude turn in circles while casting, and I was like, "WHOA that's a first". It looked as though what he did was hold down the right mouse button and press A or D because he was turning slow. Then he died, SPLAT!

Edited by DarthXout

• 2 weeks later...
If I recall, (I don't really think about it, I just do it). You can rotate being in third person as well. It just gives you a wider FOV.
Cant you just use right click to rotate your entire view normally? or does that for some stupid reason break your Force Barrier?

If you do it my way, your toon will rotate, not just your screen view. So you won't get the "Must be facing target" messages.

Edited by Sadishist

• 2 weeks later...
If you do it my way, your toon will rotate, not just your screen view. So you won't get the "Must be facing target" messages.

I just saw this thread. Yes this is correct, BUT try using force wave/overload and see what happens :(.

EDIT: Although I haven't tried with full zoom in... but right click rotating works from zoom out also, except wave/overload fails even if the animation appears to be on the direction you rotated.

Edited by MusicRider

• 1 month later...
I just saw this thread. Yes this is correct, BUT try using force wave/overload and see what happens :(.

EDIT: Although I haven't tried with full zoom in... but right click rotating works from zoom out also, except wave/overload fails even if the animation appears to be on the direction you rotated.

You have to be zoomed in all the way before rotating for this to work.

Edited by Sadishist