Alacrity Min/Max for Healing

Azurestone

I recently tried exchanging all my Willpower augments for Alacrity and while the percentages went from ~5% to ~10% the actual effect was negligible. My main heal - Deliverance - went down from 2.4 secs to 2.3 which doesn't seem worth it to me. Edited by Lundorff

Where are you finding these mods that give you power/alacrity. All of mine seem to give me mainstat.

Don't trade power/mainstat for alacrity :p

Alacrity works exactly the same for everyone.

1% alacrity reduces the cast-time/GCD of an ability by 1%. In turn it increases resource regen by 1% as well

E.g

10% alacrity will cause instant abilities to trigger a GCD of 1.35s instead of 1.5.

2s Casts will be reduced to 1.8s casts.

Reducing by 0.0x seconds is still carried out you just won't see it displayed on your bar.

It will provide an operative with an additional 10% energy per second, bringing them to 6.6e/s

It does not affect anything else (hot ticks, cooldowns etc)

General rule of thumb is that ~6% alacrity is more beneficial than the surge you would get from the last 2/3 enhancements. You will never ever notice a tangible benefit in practice however. It is very difficult to appreciate the benefit in real-time.

Edited by CaptainApop

^^^^ This. Never trade mainstat or power for anything else.

I'm not good with the math, but here's what I have learned anecdotally...

For Sages there will be a point at which your PvP gear stacks too much Surge (i.e.,> 70%) and you hit diminishing returns. (My DPS Sage got over 76% before I started paring it back.) Because of the way stats are paired on mods, at that point Alacrity will probably be your best option even if you're a DPS Sage. If you're a healer, you probably want to go to Alacrity as soon as you hit 70% surge. If you're DPS, you probably keep going higher, but anything over 75% becomes truly inefficient.

Even if the reduced cast / GCD time isn't that big a deal to you, the increased force regen rate is helpful in those matches where you are "UNBEATABLE" and you're having to burn big force on Earthquake now and then. There are many times when I am using sacrifice to get more force as I am on empty, and besides the health loss, that's a wasted GCD every time you use it.