The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Revan's Gear

RPetrelli

Developers or Bioware or whoever is in charge of the MMO, can you PLEASE add Revan's Gear to the Equipment category on the cartel market? I have been trying to get all of this gear for months now and have spent a great deal of money on the packs that the gear is supposed to be in. Buying it in game from the General Trade Market is virtyally impossible because people are listing the items for upwards of 40 million credits. If you are not able to make these items more available to dedicated customers can you at least put a lower limit on what people are allowed to price the items for on the General Trade Market. Currently I have spent over a thousand dollars on this game and I still do not have what I started playing this game for in the first place. Thank you kindly.

Developers or Bioware or whoever is in charge of the MMO, can you PLEASE add Revan's Gear to the Equipment category on the cartel market? I have been trying to get all of this gear for months now and have spent a great deal of money on the packs that the gear is supposed to be in. Buying it in game from the General Trade Market is virtyally impossible because people are listing the items for upwards of 40 million credits. If you are not able to make these items more available to dedicated customers can you at least put a lower limit on what people are allowed to price the items for on the General Trade Market. Currently I have spent over a thousand dollars on this game and I still do not have what I started playing this game for in the first place. Thank you kindly.

If you are set on spending RL money specifically to get Revan's set, then just buy some hypercrates and sell the packs instead of opening them.

You'll probably be off way cheaper than trying to collect the items from the Space Pirate pack - the only expensive pieces are the gloves and belt; the mask too if you buy it from players, but if you opened that many packs you probably have enough certificates to just buy it from the Cartel vendor and skip the 20 million or whatever they are charging for it on the GTN.

Edited by Callaron

I have all of the pieces apart from the golves and belt. Pretty much the only way to get those in game is to shell out 15 million creds (for the gloves current price on gtn) or the 40 million (belt's gtn price). OR, what Bioware could do, is allow people to buy packages of ingame credits from the CM instead of banning people for paying 3rd party sites to do that. That way Bioware would be making the money and getting the loyaltuy of the fans in the process. I suppose my point here is that paying customers should have the availability to get exactly what they want from the game if they were willing to pay for it. I would be willing to pay upwards of $300.00 real life dollars in an effort to acquire Revan's entire uniform alone. I have already spent way more than that trying for the gear but so far I haven't got it. I just think there should be a better solution implemented. It seems like nothing bad could come from allowing players to purchase in game credits straight from the source.

If anyone were interested in releasing a set of Revan's gloves and/or Revan's belt. I have three cargo bays FULL of Hypercrate items that I would be interested in trading to you for either of those two items. Please PM me for details. That is of course if you were in fact willing to let it go out the door for a more reasonable price than something above 15 million credits.

Because all in all it still isn't worth 15 million credits. The point of all of this is still in that I have all of that and I still cannot get the single item I am after. It shouldn't be this difficult to get. The item is just overpriced. It is going to sit there forever and nobody will ever buy it because it isn't worth the listed price.

it isn't worth the listed price.

You're missing a key part of that statement: To you. Someone else may be willing to pay that absurd price. I'm currently banking credits to buy Revan's Mask off the GTN, myself, and the cheapest is between 10~15mil; I've managed to scrape together almost 2mil in...Five days? Six, maybe? And none of that has been made from cartel market items; just grinding dailies, and auctioning things I've found actually playing the game.

Point is, if you want a thing so desperately bad, you clearly have the means to earn it. So here's an alternative idea: If the price on your current server is completely ludicrous to you, check the price on a different server then, instead of wasting coins on more failed packs, use your coins to transfer to the server where the item(s) you want is/are cheapest - after you've sold all your junk and made a tidy bankroll with which to acquire said item(s).

I have now achieved Revan's complete set. Not only was I able to do that but I was able to achieve it account wide as I unlocked it once completing the set from collections. So for all of those people who stated that I didn't want this item badly enough, well, you're wrong. I defied the odds and got what I was after because I worked hard and acquired it. Thanks for the faith in me for those who were not in such negative disbelief about my being able to get these items. I now have an armor set in game that I have never seen anyone wearing and I have been playing this game for nearly a year now.

Don't give up on what you're after guys, you CAN get it!