3 space radar?

Verain

I find it strange that we have no 3-space radar like in X-Wing from the 90s.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/375

Note those little blue things to the left and right- between them, you could take anything that was on your sensor and figure out with a glance where it was. Brighter dots were closer, and one of those is your X/Y and the other is like your XZ. Super excellent.

Why we no have?

Yeah, this radar system was really great once you figured it out. After a while, you just knew instinctively where every ship was in a quick glance.

I spent so many hours playing those X-Wing and Tie-Fighter game series that when I started GS, everything came naturally to me... except the radar, which took a while to get used to.

I find it strange that we have no 3-space radar like in X-Wing from the 90s.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/375

Note those little blue things to the left and right- between them, you could take anything that was on your sensor and figure out with a glance where it was. Brighter dots were closer, and one of those is your X/Y and the other is like your XZ. Super excellent.

Why we no have?

cause this issnt x-wing

Somehow I got used to the radar we have. Talking about the radar now, not the minimap.

I know it is not perfect, but I manage to do well with it, actually I can't imagine working with the two radars you are showing on the picture. Right, I would probably get used to it, but I'm happy with what I got atm.

Somehow I got used to the radar we have. Talking about the radar now, not the minimap.

I know it is not perfect, but I manage to do well with it, actually I can't imagine working with the two radars you are showing on the picture. Right, I would probably get used to it, but I'm happy with what I got atm.

It... is much better. The big reason it's better is that you actually know where someone is and what they are doing, if they are close enough.