Please don't allow red engine trail imps!

Verain

I am a big fan of the cosmetics being faction restricted. I really like that the game looks like star wars instead of electric light parade. I haven't seen any QQ yet but I'm sure pretty soon someone will decide that their republic ship should look and sound like a tie fighter.

Stay strong. Do not allow!

I am a big fan of the cosmetics being faction restricted. I really like that the game looks like star wars instead of electric light parade. I haven't seen any QQ yet but I'm sure pretty soon someone will decide that their republic ship should look and sound like a tie fighter.

Stay strong. Do not allow!

TIE's engies don't have a trail.

they are however red glowy.

and tie lasers are SFS models and shoot green bolts.

bioware just decided that engines have to have huge long vidible wakes so that the casuals who suck can see enemy ships easier.

I'm not really sure that TIE fighters "really" have an engine glow at all. But I do know that this game has established certain engine trails, and I like that I can tell by looking. The "noob" thing isn't true at all- if anything, the autohighlight HUD would be that. You just say that because you want to be insulting. The fact that every enemy gets red bracket around them and every ally green is what tells things apart. I just like that there's some goddamned kit enforced in the game instead of the race to the bottom we saw with the lightsabers.

One thing we definitely saw, and still see, is the bad guy green lasers and the good guy red lasers. Unlike the engine trails which are more recent, this one goes all the way back to holy trilogy.