X Wing and Galactic Starfighter

overmanwarrior

I've waited to let the newness wear off a bit before getting too excited. After all, GS is still only two warzone maps. But, this is the most fun I've had with a Star Wars game, or flight simulator since X Wing--the first one. It is obvious that the designers loved that game, because it plays like that old game, which was so good once a player got used to it. It used to drive me nuts that the player had to continuously correct their roll direction, or could stop in mid flight and just hover in zero Gs, but after playing X Wing, and the kind of mission goals there used to be, there really wasn't any other way.

With Galactic Starfighter, the opportunity for that kind of game play is here. By the way BioWare built the old X Wing mechanics into the game, I would think we are all in for some very nice surprises in the months to come.

I love the game. It is a great addition, and a whole lot of fun.

I remember my first time in XvT when I flew against guildies in a match organized on MSNs The Zone (some of the very same guildies I'm with still). My ship in GSF had that exact same feel. It felt good to be flying again!

Thank you Bioware for your passion and for bring back something I thought was lost.

i get a very freelancer feel from GSF.

which is totally awesome.

I'm with you guys. I didn't think there would ever be a game like that again. But this is better because the graphics back then were rough. Mechanics are similar. But the graphics are just cool.

I hope there are more zones and larger worlds, capital ships, trench runs, and all that kind of stuff. But this is great so far.

I get the feeling these designers are fans of the X Wing Miniatures game. Now that this is out I spend my whole weekends playing either that game or this one. Forget about reality. :D

I'm with you guys. I didn't think there would ever be a game like that again. But this is better because the graphics back then were rough. Mechanics are similar. But the graphics are just cool.

I hope there are more zones and larger worlds, capital ships, trench runs, and all that kind of stuff. But this is great so far.

I get the feeling these designers are fans of the X Wing Miniatures game. Now that this is out I spend my whole weekends playing either that game or this one. Forget about reality. :D

YOU should try freelancer discovery mod.

awesomesauce.

it now has player built bases, player ship docking on player cap ships, cloaking, jump drives, oh and it's had player - capitol ships since forever.

Cool, thanks!

yeah, bombers make capital ships cry though, which is funny. hence having a fighter screen and using good carrier group tactics is necessary.. man fights in disco are FUN...

i HOPE bioware see how happy we are with gsf and expand expand expand it, since they can see now that they can make money out of gsf.

Yeah I like the flight style of GS, it is fun and feels like a true dogfight, like in a World War I sense which pretty much defined dogfights in the first place, as well as the addition of other elements like torpedoes and the uniqueness of spaceflight. Thank you Bioware.

I remember my first time in XvT when I flew against guildies in a match organized on MSNs The Zone (some of the very same guildies I'm with still). My ship in GSF had that exact same feel. It felt good to be flying again!

Thank you Bioware for your passion and for bring back something I thought was lost.

I use to play XvT on the MSG Zone as well. Would honestly like to know what happen to all my old guildmates from back then. My preferred ships durning the 2v2 matchs usually was around the gunship because I liked how you could swap between ions and lasers then pitch and yaw really fast to make another pass. Macro flight sticks made it really hard for me because I used the cheapest joysticks I could find but I was very deadly. When they brought the Tie Defendger later on, that became my next favorite. I personally stayed away from Tie Fighters because interneconnections favored people on T1 lines and cable modems back then.