$100 in a couple clicks. SCARY.

DimmuJanKaarl

L2read bc he said most people. Your probably the minority bc I agree with his assessments.

Two people make a majority?

I graduated from harvard law and I can validate ur responses. Its gambling. Pure and simple.

You'd think that a Harvard graduate would know how to spell, and the definition of gambling.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How you felt is irrelevant, other than in terms of your feelings.

So you can't get stuff for what you think is a reasonable price on the GTN and BWEA has to "fix" the CM to compensate? Really, it's your game, play it how you want. If "item X" is really worth it to you, you'll get it. All you have to do is spend the time to get the creds. If you're not willing to spend the time to get a few creds, then obviously "item X" is not that important to you. Personally, I wouldn't care if they changed it. There's just no need to change it. It works fine as it is.

If you can't find it on the GTN, chances are you can't get it from the CM. The items on the GTN come from the CM.

Again, you never answered why do you care about my first world problems?

Remember it is just a MMO /end discussion, no?

no? okay.

I am making a suggestion on a product that i regularly pay for and participate in. I will do so how i want and say what i want. So long as i am within their forum rules they do not mind me participating.

And yes i will play this game how i want when i want, TYVM that is how i have been doing it with my SUB and my CC. okay.....?

Frequently individuals generalize that credits are so easy to get, so easy, so easy. Just spend the time. You know not everyone fits into this Generalization of either A. having the time to spend. or B. wanting to spend the time.

It is unfair to say buy from the GTN, especially when they have the items on the CM. They offer the CM items on the CM for you to buy.. So that must mean they want us to purchase them their, if we want to... Well i would like to for some items. However i only like buying what i want to buy. Not a chance for what i want. That is uncouth nty

And other things again, Dye's having no legacy bind and reuse. That is a bad product to sell and i will not purchase it from the GTN or the CM. When they decide to make it a reasonable product that again is LEGACY bound and REUSABLE. That would be a respectable purchase.

You'd think that a Harvard graduate would know how to spell, and the definition of gambling.

I don't know Knives... in reviewing his day old sub, his screen name and posts, I'm getting dejavu.

Meh, best to ignore him at all turns. Nothing hurts a troll more.

Really? while he shouldn't bother posting what he does or where he graduated to make his argument more legitimate. Must you be a grammar/spelling nazi and basically do something similar?

This is a game and a forum so long as a point is understood and able to be talked about. Ones spelling or grammar is hardly worth discussing over the internet.

So you consider baseball cards gambling then too?

Gambling:

an undertaking or attempt with a risk of loss and a chance of profit or success.

If i am spending money to get cards that are worth future profits. And i purchase a pack and get all crap cards that are worth throwing out because they will have no value. Yes imho yes are you taking a chance for successful profit. If you get the crappy drug addicts card... yea you lost on that 1.

Though this is hardly a good illustration a far better one is the Lotto cards you get from gas stations. That is much more similar to what a pack is imho.

Edited by Strixs

I graduated from harvard law and I can validate ur responses. Its gambling. Pure and simple.

I did not go to Harvard, but do know the law in the US defines gambling as games of chance with a risk of loss. Cartel packs do not fall under this definition as they have a baseline return every time. Not getting what you want does not constitute loss, not in a legal sense.

People that argue this point remind me of folks that call 911 because McDonalds ran out of Mcnuggets or hash browns, both of these have actually happened.

I will not argue that packs are a game of risk/chance, they obviously are, but to continue to debate the legal aspect of them is....as we would say at the track, beating a dead horse :D

I think at this point it'd probably be best to drop gambling or not gambling argument and start discussing how the CM can be improved. Since the only thing we've managed to establish is that we can't agree on the definition of gambling...

too bad it cant be improved, money grubbing EA wants all the $$ they can get so BW won't listen to our improvements. tht means the customization gouging and overpriced dyes and armor sets r here to stay.

Also, are Devs not allowed to discuss things with the players? I've seen at most two comments from Devs on a single thread, almost always completely cautious and overly ambiguous. It's like they're kept on a short leash or something. It'd be nice to see them actively discuss things with the players. One can dream...

What annoys me the most is that you can't decide in what currency you wanna pay. 99.99$ is like 72 EUR, yet I only have the option to buy these 14.5k coins for 87,50 EUR.

Players in Europe are milked like crazy. Shame on you BW, shame on you! :)

too bad it cant be improved, money grubbing EA wants all the $$ they can get so BW won't listen to our improvements. tht means the customization gouging and overpriced dyes and armor sets r here to stay.

Based on your signature and postings recently, I am not sure you actually care about improvements. Just you know calling BW "Biofail" and using other terms such as apologists and defenders. If you did care you would post a bit more constructively.

Also, are Devs not allowed to discuss things with the players? I've seen at most two comments from Devs on a single thread, almost always completely cautious and overly ambiguous. It's like they're kept on a short leash or something. It'd be nice to see them actively discuss things with the players. One can dream...

w/ EA in the pic its no surprise theyr bein kept on a short leash, its sad, and 99% of their respons are in CM related threads its sad lol

Really? while he shouldn't bother posting what he does or where he graduated to make his argument more legitimate. Must you be a grammar/spelling nazi and basically do something similar?

This is a game and a forum so long as a point is understood and able to be talked about. Ones spelling or grammar is hardly worth discussing over the internet.

I'm merely commenting that if he really had the education he claims to have then he would be able to spell basic words. Words like ,"like", for example.

idc about mjy spelling and grammar, where are ur credentials?

My credentials for what, knowing the definition of words and being able to spell? Or are you looking for education credentials?

Didn't think so.

It is physically impossible to respond to a question before it is asked.

w/ EA in the pic its no surprise theyr bein kept on a short leash, its sad, and 99% of their respons are in CM related threads its sad lol

Apparently Harvard graduates can't count either, funnily enough. Only need to look at the first page of the Dev Tracker. I forgot the day in math class where they taught that 1/20 is 99%

This would require Bioware breaking one of their cardinal rules of developing games....discuss nothing not set in stone or guaranteed to be in the live server. This was a problem even in the ALPHA stages of testing, those of us in that closed testing environment regularly grew frustrated at how little they would share with us. Think back to open Beta...they shared even less with us in Alpha that they shared with the Beta testing crew.

Personally, I wouldn't care if they changed it. There's just no need to change it. It works fine as it is.

Again, if you don't care then why do you defend it over and over again? People who do care want to make their voices heard and are offering suggestions on how to make things better. Telling them over and over that they should be happy with the way things are even though you don't care if they did change things is very unproductive.

Seriously, I think Bioware can handle a little bit of feedback. They don't need you charging in to defend them against every single post on the thread.

This would require Bioware breaking one of their cardinal rules of developing games....discuss nothing not set in stone or guaranteed to be in the live server. This was a problem even in the ALPHA stages of testing, those of us in that closed testing environment regularly grew frustrated at how little they would share with us. Think back to open Beta...they shared even less with us in Alpha that they shared with the Beta testing crew.

Well I only started playing at the beginning of March last year but yea, I've noticed how little they involve themselves in the community. I think that's a pretty stupid policy, especially for an MMO where the product needs to be updated constantly. :rak_01:

he doesnt commit logical fallacies leik the defenders here who also leik to attack teh critics

idc about mjy spelling and grammar, where are ur credentials?

Didn't think so.

I do have to say, by the logic and grammar of your posts I am doubting either your stated credentials or the quality of Harvard Law.

I do have to say, by the logic and grammar of your posts I am doubting either your stated credentials or the quality of Harvard Law.

Pretty much, as any student of law cares quite a lot about grammar and spelling. Any student of law would also be well versed in the knowledge that unless one actually attempts to communicate properly (spelling, grammar) they may as well not bother posting at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.