Gearing help for Comat-PvP?

EzioMessi

LOL: Spelling fail on my part. I meant "Combat"

I have tried various combinations out myself. Full Strength vs Full Power, and now I'm trying it out with some randomly placed crit.

Can someone tell me what gear and relics I need to be msot effective? Is Power better or Strength? Should I invest in accuracy at all (considering I already have 96% acc with *no* gear because of the spec)? How useful are Surge and Crit, and to what level? What relics are BiS?

Thanks for the help in advance. :)

Edited by EzioMessi

I go str but its up to you really.

Main thing to do is never buy/craft a set of power augment if you have str or vice versa cause its a waste of time/credits for something you'll barely notice in practice.

Basically, if you wanna get real nitpicky about it.. you gotta decide do you want a small bit of extra bonus dmg (and it is small) go for power or do you want a 1-1.5% extra chance of your non auto crit abilities to crit go for str. Some guys like a little crit rating as well for this spec in pvp to about 24/25%, i personally disagree with this (i currently go str augments + 0 crit rating,) but if you where to follow that mindset str augments would be better because you wouldn't need to stack as much critical rating which has worst dr ever. (hence why you should really avoid it on specs with autocrit)

Edited by AngusFTW

Not sure if you've already seen it, but: How to be a Contender

It's an excellent guide that covers exactly what you're talking about in great detail in Section 2 "Gearing up for Warzones."

There's also a follow-up post by L-Randle:

How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)

This one is my favorite gearing post (by Dawginole), and specifically covers only gearing up as a Combat Sentinel:

Guide: Sentinel Combat/Focus PvP Min/Max for 2.0

Between these three, I would think you'll get the answers you're looking for.

Edited by georgemattson

I believe that the gearing for all three trees CAN be the same. Not sure what is ideal for Watchman, but it will work fine with the same gear that is used for Combat--except that nearly everyone agrees that Watchman is not viable for PvP. There should be no change between Focus and Combat. They have identical gearing requisites.