Not enough medals awarded - bug?

Zadtro

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for the new patch it is a lot of fun =]

I have began to notice at the end of a match that i have very low medal count and at first i just thought it was a slow start to the day but when i took a closer look i began to see that i have been getting 9-11 assists but not medal for it. I know the medals are given for 4 & 8 assists. So i am not getting the fighter medals that others have. I can't remember the other ones but i am doing over 20k damage and averaging atleast 5+ kills and 8+ assists and i use a speed scout so i always cap first but don't seem to get any recognition for defending it but after all of that i only get 4 medals when i know it should be more. Spent over 4 mins sitting under a satellite waiting for someone to attack but didnt get defender medals :S

If i am doing something wrong please someone tell me because i hate not knowing why this isn't working =[

• 8 months later...

I don't know what's the problem, but it's happening to me too.

In a GS match I've done 32K damage, 8 kills and 8 assists. I got the following medals:

• Assassin - 1 solo kill
  • Combatant - 10K damage
  • Destroyer: 20K damage
  • Quick draw: 2 kills
  • Support: 4 kills
  • Ace: 5 kills

As you see, I should have gotten the following medals too:

• Anihilator: 30K damage
  • Figther: 8 kill assists
  • Ravage: 8 kills

Either these stats are wrong or the medals are not being assigned correctly.

Here's the screenshots to prove the problem (I'm Gwerideon)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/tiviess/2_zps14bd1f39.jpg

Heres another screenshot of another player showing the aforementioned medals.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/tiviess/1_zpsf832dd49.jpg

Edited by tivie

The medals are earned per ship. You need to get 12 assists with a single ship to get the Wingman medal, 30,000 damage with one ship to get Annihilator, etc.

Assuming you are switching ships mid-match and that's why you're not getting some of the medals you're expecting, you may notice that you can earn the same medal multiple times - although it will only show up once in the final tally and will only count once as well. Example below:

1) Spawn in a scout

2) Cap a turret

3) See "Offense: Basic" medal pop up in chat window

4) Die

5) Spawn in a strike fighter

6) Cap another turret

7) See "Offense: Basic" medal pop up in chat window (again)

If that was the only medal you earned all game, you'd show one total medal at the end of the game, despite having earned it twice.

Had you respawned in the ship you started with instead of switching to another, you'd have earned "Offense: Bronze" upon capturing the second turret.

The medals are earned per ship. ... Had you respawned in the ship you started with instead of switching to another, you'd have earned "Offense: Bronze" upon capturing the second turret.

This. Nothing is busted... other than things not being cumulative, but that's the way it has always been.