Using ravage to apply saber charge Dots.

OM-AR

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this game, but not to MMO's ( migrated from DCUO ).

I'm only level 29 but I like to optimize my rotations as much as I am able for each level.

I've been doing my testing at the dummies and it seems that Ravage hits twice ( from what I can see ) very fast before being interrupted and with nice decent damage.

Since Annihilation is about apply Dots ASAP to the mob, I'm using this as a free ( no rage cost ) fast burst dot applier on mobs.

Using torparse it seems injecting Ravage and interrupting it asasp just after force charge+saber charge is giving a nice bump of 5-15 dps at my level.

What's your opinion regarding this?

And on another note: is there a benefit of using Force scream in the rotation as Vicious slash can be used twice for the same rage consumption?

Edited by OM-AR

The rotation you wanna use at that level since you don't have annhilate you are at will be something like charge> deadly saber> battering assault> Rupture> Vicious Slash > Ravage. or Charge> Deadly Saber> Battering Assault> Rupture> Ravage > Vicious Slash

Scream is decent dmg for the level since you don't have annihilate however scream is yellow dmg and only white dmg will trigger your deadly saber dot so don't use that until you've done at least 3 white attacks to trigger the full dmg of the deadly saber dot.

You do not want to use ravage straight away in rotation because its a long channeled attack and only the very first and very last hits of it will trigger the deadly saber dot so it is best to get the dots on the target first then channel ravage for maximum burst. You would want 2 stacks (2 white attacks... like in the 2nd example above battering assault and rupture) of deadly saber on the target minimum before channeling ravage to get the maximum dmg of the dot. Anni is probably the better mara spec at lower levels i think its blooms alot earlier even without alot of the buffs in later talents.. with the 3 stacks of deadly saber and rupture dots + ravage at the same time, it is quite nice dmg for lower lvls.

Edited by AngusFTW

Thank you for the insightful reply,I may have not been very clear regarding my thought.

What I'm doing ( for my level ) FC---SC---Ravage---BA

I'm clipping the ravage so that I only use the first two hits and clipping that with Battering Assault, what happens is that ravage becomes an instant, no rage using fast dot applier. Again the transition from Ravage to Ba is instant and I'm having zero cast time besides the mandated GCD.

The rotation you wanna use at that level since you don't have annhilate you are at will be something like charge> deadly saber> battering assault> Rupture> Vicious Slash > Ravage. or Charge> Deadly Saber> Battering Assault> Rupture> Ravage > Vicious Slash

Scream is decent dmg for the level since you don't have annihilate however scream is yellow dmg and only white dmg will trigger your deadly saber dot so don't use that until you've done at least 3 white attacks to trigger the full dmg of the deadly saber dot.

You do not want to use ravage straight away in rotation because its a long channeled attack and only the very first and very last hits of it will trigger the deadly saber dot so it is best to get the dots on the target first then channel ravage for maximum burst. You would want 2 stacks (2 white attacks... like in the 2nd example above battering assault and rupture) of deadly saber on the target minimum before channeling ravage to get the maximum dmg of the dot. Anni is probably the better mara spec at lower levels i think its blooms alot earlier even without alot of the buffs in later talents.. with the 3 stacks of deadly saber and rupture dots + ravage at the same time, it is quite nice dmg for lower lvls.

I may be mistaken but I believe you can apply all three ticks of deadly saber with Ravage now. I thought that was the whole point of reducing the CD on application to 1s instead of 1.5s

Thank you for the insightful reply,I may have not been very clear regarding my thought.

What I'm doing ( for my level ) FC---SC---Ravage---BA

I'm clipping the ravage so that I only use the first two hits and clipping that with Battering Assault, what happens is that ravage becomes an instant, no rage using fast dot applier. Again the transition from Ravage to Ba is instant and I'm having zero cast time besides the mandated GCD.

In end game you will rarely use scream as anni and you will never use it in raids etc

its dmg revolves around deadly saber, rupture, and annihilates which accounts for around 60% of its dmg...

Try the rotation of

charge> Deadly saber (mid air ds is off gcd) > Battering Assault > Rupture> Ravage> Then Scream or slash (up to you) on the dummy. You will see a difference.. this is pretty much what an annihilation rotation looks like at end game except you don't have annihilate and you never use force scream in a serious rotation.

What you showed (charge> scream > Ravage??> is probably ok for killing weaks i guess but on higher hp mobs this will give the max dps at your lvl.

I may be mistaken but I believe you can apply all three ticks of deadly saber with Ravage now. I thought that was the whole point of reducing the CD on application to 1s instead of 1.5s

I tested it on the dummy to be sure. Ravage uses 2 stacks of deadly 1 at the start and 1 at the end.

Edited by AngusFTW

Oh, true... I haven't tried it... but you're right...

EDIT: oops.... see post above

Edited by wainot-keel