The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Ability: Breach

TheSupaCoopa

Duran'del here:

I have played quite a few FPS games. MEdal of Honor: Warfighter(for example) had several special forces soldiers, and the campaign had several awesome breaching sequences.

But here's the thing about our so called Havok Squad "Special Forces" trooper: HE DOESN"T BEHAVE LIKE A SPECIAL FORCES TROOPER AT ALL!

We can't breach cover, we can't jam enemy radar...We seem to be so stupid we can't whack someone with our gun without waiting 8 seconds.

So here's my idea to fix this.

Breach: throws a flashbang at an enemy and charges them, knocking them over and blasting them with their scattergun, reducing their armor by 20% and dealing X kinetic damage. Can be used on targets in cover.

This ability would make us a valued class in PvP and PvE, since the Gunslinger/Sniper class would be able to be beaten.(Yes, you can LoS them, but they ain't gonna get off their butt and move.) This would be a great opener, and could be balanced by having it take up ~40 ammo.

• 3 weeks later...
I understand the idea behind the ability in the MMO VG point of view, seems useful, but number one: isnt the sniper/gunslingers main thing being able to not be pulled/lunged to because they are so "Squishy"? making them even weaker. Number 2: Have you ever seen a star wars movie wear a clone used a flashbang? Or seen a stormtrooper breach a door besides the beginning of episode 4? Like i said i appreciate the effort behind the ability i just personally think that us VG's would become way OP.

I understand the idea behind the ability in the MMO VG point of view, seems useful, but number one: isnt the sniper/gunslingers main thing being able to not be pulled/lunged to because they are so "Squishy"? making them even weaker. Number 2: Have you ever seen a star wars movie wear a clone used a flashbang? Or seen a stormtrooper breach a door besides the beginning of episode 4? Like i said i appreciate the effort behind the ability i just personally think that us VG's would become way OP.

Umm sniper/gunslingers squishy? i would like to know what you are smoking because whatever it is it must be some good stuff.

Edited by Is-ith

Well, if it was a 10 meter only leap i could see it, because Warriors and Knights get a 10 meter gap close in Focus/Rage trees that can be used on targets in cover.

No need for a 10m gap closer, we can shoot them at that range

Edited by Remh