boy do i feel sorry for the preferred and f2pers...

Telos

you guys are going to stand no chance when you finally get in. it's gonna be like hitting lvl cap and going into a wz vs a team of fully auged min/maxed players using vent... not fun. at all.

Actually, they'll mostly be fighting each other, at least according to what we know about matchmaking.

Yeah they wont be fighting the subs for weeks uptil the gear up and as the subs gear faster they wont meet till they are fully geared on one ship.

Until a sub rolls up in a fresh ship with no upgrades. Case in point: I'm planning on using GSF as an alternative levelling path for some new alts that I haven't yet gotten around to creating yet.

Edited by PlasmaJohn

you guys are going to stand no chance when you finally get in. it's gonna be like hitting lvl cap and going into a wz vs a team of fully auged min/maxed players using vent... not fun. at all.

I've seen the codecs Vent uses (seriously, people still pay for that stuff?), the solo f2ps will be good :)

The equipment paths are also rather short, and it doesn't take long to make a ship competitive.

Until a sub rolls up in a fresh ship with no upgrades. Case in point: I'm planning on using GSF as an alternative levelling path for some new alts that I haven't yet gotten around to creating yet.

Um....So? The complaint in the OP seemed more angled towards the gear disparity than the skill disparity.

They will be fine overall. Why? They will be on your team, my team, everybody's team. Sure, that means alot of people will be 'carrying' the f2p and pref for a time. But, hey. they will catch on and be okay soon enough.
While I am of the opinion that the ramp times for getting preferred and F2P involved are too long (should have been only 2 weeks apart so F2P could play it over the holidays imho) I agree. People will play it regardless of how far back in line they were. If they enjoy it when they get there, then the learning curve won't be a deterrent and they'll eventually catch up. Edited by GalacticKegger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.