Scouts OP?

Tougod

Everyone thinks everything is OP. If someone gets killed or loses, then the opponent must have been OP. Every class but theirs is OP. Every ship but the one they like to fly is OP. Scouts can definitely get more finishing shots simply by the fact of their speed. I remember one particular match where a guy on my team probably finished off about 4-5 ships that I had damaged and was chasing down. He darted around and swooped in for finishing kills. Who really cares? I still got credit for the assist. It saved me from having to chase them down in my strike fighter. Our team was in a stronger position as far as objectives, winning, etc. with more of their ships downed. Doesn't make the scout ship a killing machine though. He never would have the opportunity for those finishing blows if I hadn't damaged those ships down to next to nothing and scout ship can't trade blows 1 for 1 with a strike fighter.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder when we'll see a "Strike Fighter OP?" thread?

We've had one, actually. It came out yesterday but died.

GSF more LIKE galactic lock on starfighter

Granted, specifically it was complaining about missiles but that is more-or-less a complaint about strikers.

And, of course, the 4-page thread complaining about gunships that came out pretty early on.

gunships... the jokes still not funny GSF devs

So this complaint thread about scouts just closes the circle. Now that each ship is considered to be overpowered, maybe we can correctly identify that players are getting ganked by people with more skill, not better ships.

proton torpedoes can lock on at over 11km and ignore all shield and armor, can we say scout killer?

I got 1 shotted on my sting yesterday by a proton torpedo. I heard the lock-on and both of my lock-on remover abilities were on cd, so i figured what the hell, i'll put power to shields and try to outrun it. It caught up with me, killed me instantly when i was 100% hull health with 100% shields with power to shields. It had to have been a crit (proton torpedos do 872 damage, a scout has 950hp), but it was incredible nonetheless. Even without a crit, it does 92% hull damage to a scout, so a scout with a scratch on it will go down in 1 shot without a crit.

Did people miss the '?' in the thread title? Like I said in my original post, I was merely bringing up a trend I've been seeing with the scouts. I figured I'd bring it up on the forums for discussion, and the insults, and I wasn't disappointed by either.

Yes, I prefer playing the Gunship, but I've played all three ships to get the feel for them, so I've enjoyed the benefit of having an almost unlimited boost when using the power to engines ability with the Scouts. But that's the point of the forums. To let people share opinions and information.

To those that are good with the Scouts, would you mind sharing your preferred builds and tactics? I'd love to learn how to better play the Scout and Strike Fighter ships.

To those that are good with the Scouts, would you mind sharing your preferred builds and tactics? I'd love to learn how to better play the Scout and Strike Fighter ships.

The two things I've seen repeated is to stack up on Evade% and to beef up your turning speed. Then it's really hard for people to get you in their sights and even when they do they miss almost half the time. Meanwhile you pour the lasers and rockets on them.

This is just me repeating what I've read, the scout ship is the one class I haven't gotten a handle on yet.

scouts farm kills only if they are supported by premade groups, they either are killing you while your trying to go after the gunship, or are chasing you down because no one on the team will help you. a scout on your tail is deadly but they cant chase if you are supported all these people think they are so good but its just imbalanced premades against pugs like all pvp

throw one person to go after them and they are shutdown. its just everyone is out for themselves and lets people in groups farm people who are alone BECAUSE NOONE HELPS THEIR TEAM OR DEFENDS SATS

the handful of people who are faming so many kills are doing it with premade groups and coordination they are not like gunships just showing up and farming kills with no skill gunships are the only op ship everyone is just pretending like they're not so they don't get their toys nerfed

still think its funny all the people acting like gunships aren't a problem just so they can farm req with their cheat ships

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Scouts? L O L! Gunships are 1-shotting Scouts and you think the Scout is OP? Because it can get away from you when 1-shot doesn't take it out you mean?

I love hunting gunships on my Nova. A gunship will never kill me on my Nova unless I am busy dog fighting and don't know its there.

scouts farm kills only if they are supported by premade groups, they either are killing you while your trying to go after the gunship, or are chasing you down because no one on the team will help you. a scout on your tail is deadly but they cant chase if you are supported

throw one person to go after them and they are shutdown. its just everyone is out for themselves and lets people in groups farm people who are alone BECAUSE NOONE HELPS THEIR TEAM OR DEFENDS SATS

the handful of people who are faming so many kills are doing it with premade groups and coordination they are not like gunships just showing up and farming kills with no skill gunships are the only op ship everyone is just pretending like they're not so they don't get their toys nerfed

still think its funny all the people acting like gunships aren't a problem just so they can farm req with their cheat ships

As a full time scout player who loves his ship and has a mutual enmity with gunships I can honestly say they are not OP. Sure I get two shotted most the time the first shot ripping through my shields and puncturing my hull, but truth be told if I can get to them without being attacked by another ship They are easy kills. They are snipers and are ment to do damage from a long rang. If you get hit, run for cover, not "Im going to go to the forums and call for a nerf!" thing.

Every ship in this game is really balanced.

Edited by Cordarn

As a full time scout player who loves his ship and has a mutual enmity with gunships I can honestly say they are not OP. Sure I get two shotted most the time the first shot ripping through my shields and puncturing my hull, but truth be told if I can get to them without being attacked by another ship They are easy kills. They are snipers and are ment to do damage from a long rang. If you get hit run for cover not "Im going to go to the forums and call for a nerf!" thing.

Every ship in this game is really balanced.

see just keep ignoring the fact that their shields are op compared to all other ships, their engine power is not even close to being a sitting duck, their utility is unmatched by any other ship being able to disable, kill, run and hide and oh yeah the free kills from a ridiculous range /rollseyes

all ships can do that lol

I don't really understand these topics. All 3 ship class are neatly balanced. It's almost like rock-paper-scissor.

I am getting a bit peeved with what I'm assuming is the work of the evasion stat. A scout flies directly towards me, we open up on each other and I register perhaps 2 hits over 3+ seconds :| And if I do get some solid hits on them they're 10km away before I can blink.

I unlocked the strike fighter's ion cannons and I've taken to using the energy-draining copilot ability, redirecting to engines and chasing the gits down :p

I'm working on the ion railgun's snare unlock.

I love scouts, the weapons suck but they can peck now and then and alpha strike for a few seconds. Speed and maneuverability is all I really care about and I'm very good at pilotage, hence my usually flying a scout.

Strike fighter is my second choice, they are a little less maneuverable but have a little more power punch. I have to take care around strikers in my scout, but I can usually out maneuver them and get a couple pecks in :)

Gunships... I hate gunships, I hunt them if I have nothing else left to do at a capture point. I got blown up way too many times when I was learning to fly the scout by one shot gunships, that they are now my nemesis :D

good to see the gestapo in full force :D

you wana my address too so you can try and come prove your point lol

anyway keep defending gunships like their not a issue lol

people are sad... well no just that guy lol

Edited by Vis-Tecum

good to see the gestapo in full force :D

you wana my address too so you can try and come prove your point lol

anyway keep defending gunships like their not a issue lol

people are sad... well no just that guy lol

Stop squirming, you got busted. Take it like a man.

Stop squirming, you got busted. Take it like a man.

lol I don't deny I hate gunships openly if you notice I have only started one thread I am not spamming or anything but I am not going to ignore it so you guys can have your funships, sorry you guys are so offended by my opinion of gunships... but really get a life

I have given examples and reasons but all you guys can come back with is "L2P" and "don't go straight at them" and I am not even complaining about the damage or killing ones just sitting there, I have stated many times that there survivability and utility is questionable compared to their damage unless you catch them just sitting there and any decent player wont just sit there

I have nothing against scouts and strikers and the awesome pilots out there or the expansion it self. I have spent a lot of time in matches up against some very very good pilots [according to the records thread some of the best in the game] and can hold my own against them [sometimes 3 at a time] even if I cant get the kills they can but the numbers are there and people getting 20 kills on gunships with 1 death... yeah they must be just be super easy to kill but people just don't go after that guy who just got 20 kills :rolleyes:

Edited by Vis-Tecum

lol I don't deny I hate gunships openly if you notice I have only started one thread I am not spamming or anything but I am not going to ignore it so you guys can have your funships, sorry you guys are so offended by my opinion of gunships... but really get a life

I fly Scouts almost exclusively.

"Get a life" excuse is also very classy. "Everyone who is worse than me is a noob, everyone who is better than me has no life" - MMO logic.

I fly Scouts almost exclusively.

"Get a life" excuse is also very classy. "Everyone who is worse than me is a noob, everyone who is better than me has no life" - MMO logic.

no... I said get a life for trying to attack me personally for having a opinion about gunships.

never said anything about playing better then me do you guys even read my posts... don't know where you even got the last part from my post and could care less if you fly scouts exclusively

Edited by Vis-Tecum

no... I said get a life for trying to attack me personally for having a opinion about gunships.

never said anything about playing better then me do you guys even read my posts... don't know where you even got the last part from my post and could care less if you fly scouts exclusively

Not really, cuz we have a life:cool:

:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.