Terminology

Jonfendm

Why was there no glossary of terminology released with this expansion (and forgive me if there was, I have looked everywhere). Most terminology I can figure out on my own, but some need to be explained for a better understanding of the game.

So, to get this glossary started... What does +5% tracking (the 1st upgrade to the Ion railgun) mean? And how does the tracking increase manifest itself in the game?

Why was there no glossary of terminology released with this expansion (and forgive me if there was, I have looked everywhere). Most terminology I can figure out on my own, but some need to be explained for a better understanding of the game.

So, to get this glossary started... What does +5% tracking (the 1st upgrade to the Ion railgun) mean? And how does the tracking increase manifest itself in the game?

I completely agree. This is an unfortunate advantage for players who already know flight sims, apparently. In the beta a few players were familiar with the terms used in some of the stats, but I'm not familiar with hardly any of them, and very few are fully explanatory. Today I came across "sensor focus range". So TIL there is such a thing as a sensor focus.

Tracking is following a moving target with your reticle. All guns have different accuracy penalties per degree of tracking.