Why no pad/joystick support for GS ?

Angedechu

Please stop spamming this topic. The UI was never designed for controller or flight stick. It won't work in its current form because it's built for a mouse and keyboard.

Unless they overhaul the flight and aiming system it will never happen. Accept it and move on. Perhaps someday well get flight stick support but as of right now...NO.

You can use an xbox controller with xpad so stop asking.

Edited by Arkerus

Of course, you need to be completely insane to ask for the controls to actually work* and/or don't have to fight them to learn the game.

In any case, have fun with GSF. I'm never going to play it again and provide free kills . I'm willing to spend hours learning to play a game, but not a single minute being mocked by someone who spend all his time playing the said mode. What you call ''learning curve'' is being gang-banged for hours and give free-kills to people with too much free time on their hands.

Yes, it's good for humans to learn to adapt to things. In fact, we should just rip all the controls out our cars and replace them with a keyboard. It would make us much better drivers in the long run. Edited by SFPuck

I wouldn't mind a way to re-map the left and right mouse buttons , so that I don't have to make another xpapper profile though. I guess I prefer to have all the cake and then eat it , not sharing , mines and go away. Type of thing.

GS overall does have a steep learning curve though but when I changed the sensitivity from 32 to 28 I got my first kill , so I was a happy pilot. It's just a shame I never picked up the intro and/or either of the daily or weekly for it till late last night , oops :).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Here's why:

If they put in GS and Pad support, people using them would be easy targets and thus cry about getting owned to BW and how this game is blah blah blah and just making the complainage last indefinitely.

Thus I am sure BW made a conscious decision to leave them out.

Mouse and keyboard is much more quick and accurate than a clunky joystick / pad in which you will no doubt come to realize once u put in time to get used to it.

Edited by Sephirius

Please stop spamming this topic. The UI was never designed for controller or flight stick. It won't work in its current form because it's built for a mouse and keyboard.

Really? I find the controls incredibly similar to games like Evochron Mercenary - minus their mostly accurate physics, of course - which are perfectly suited to HOTAS or even simple joysticks. There are very few buttons to use, so a keyboard isn't even needed if someone has a fat MMO mouse.

Even the cheapest $10 discount joystick with 2 axes is better as a flight control than even the best kb+mouse combo. All the while it doesn't provide a significant advantage, it's actually harder to aim with a joystick, what it adds is comfort.

Here's why:

If they put in GS and Pad support, people using them would be easy targets and thus cry about getting owned to BW and how this game is blah blah blah.

Thus I am sure BW made a conscious decision to leave them out.

Mouse and keyboard is much more quick and accurate than a clunky joystick / pad in which you will no doubt come to realize once u put in time to get used to it.

We're only asking for the option for both, not to remove the current way. So if it really sucks as bad as you say we can always go back, right? ;)

BW needs to officially support controllers and not force people who do want them to use third party programs and risk getting their account banned if they mess something up by having roll and turn bound to the same analog stick or any other n00b mistake one who isnt PC savvy may make. They won't differentiate between "I'm dumb please don't ban me" and an intentional exploiter.

But you didn't even get BW's reason right. They stated no controllers because those with them may have an unfair advantage and didn't want players to feel forced to buy something just to play this. HHHHMMMMM, okay what about the naga razor or any other gaming mouse? According to those who use them for the ground, it's 1000 times better than the three button mouse and keyboard. Those cost 70-100 dollars, a controller is 20 dollars. Shouldn't gaming a mouse be outlawed here as well then using that same logic?

Edited by Ridickilis