URGENT: Level 1 gold sellers queueing for GSF so they can spam GSF chat

Nemarus

It looks like the queues are getting filled with goldseller accounts, since they can jump into GSF at level 1 and then speak in the GSF chat channels.

Devs, the chat channels need to be locked down somehow so that there is no incentive for gold sellers to do this--otherwise the queues will be filled with players who have no intention of competing (often times they will just spam during the intro waiting period and then drop out once the match starts, probably because they suspect few will see chat once the match begins).

Perhaps lock the chat channels down so that they can only be spoken into by subscribers or characters of level 10 or higher. Assuming no XP is rewarded unless you get some medals in GSF, this should discourage them...

I actually agree with this. You guys really need to do something about the huge increase in gold farmers in the last 2 or three months. Them getting into pvp queues and ruining the game for others to spam for thier company that makes money off of your product without your permission is a huge NO-NO in any MMORPG. or any business.

I personally wouldn't care if you restricted chat. Ive added at least 40 gold spammers to my ignore list in the last 2 weeks. enough is enough. Do something.

Perhaps lock the chat channels down so that they can only be spoken into by subscribers or characters of level 10 or higher.

Considering that only subs have access to GSF right now, then anyone joining GSF would have to be a sub.

I agree that gold spammers are a blight on civilization and should be rooted out and destroyed at all costs. Keep in mind, however, that for now only paid subscribers have access to Galactic Starfighter, not preferred or free-to-play accounts. I'm not sure if any gold-selling "companies" would pay to subscribe, but who knows?

I agree that gold spammers are a blight on civilization and should be rooted out and destroyed at all costs. Keep in mind, however, that for now only paid subscribers have access to Galactic Starfighter, not preferred or free-to-play accounts. I'm not sure if any gold-selling "companies" would pay to subscribe, but who knows?

They dont. The spamming accounts are compromised accounts. This means players who fail to maintain even basic computer security have had their accounts hijacked.