My first take on Galactic Starfighter

Thylbanus

So you have been successful. You created a game within the game. A fun one at that. Funny how I pretty much dislike the PvP here, but when you put me in a flight-sim type, I love it. The feel is a bit stiff, but workable. At times it seems that the mouse isn't reacting fast enough. When I'm turning, I'm taking 6 seconds to do a 180 and then, all of a sudden, I'm doing 360s in 2 sec. I'm a bit perplexed by that as it doesn't have rhyme or reason. I'll be in the middle of a dogfight and zipping around. Then I'm pulling an end run trying to slip past a defender to attack from the flanks and I can't circumnavigate an asteroid because I can't turn fast enough to avoid a very minor outcrop.

The numbers are a bit perplexing as well. I had a match where I had 1 kill, 6 assists, 0 deaths, 12,000 damage, 36 objective points, and 7 medals and I was in 3rd place. 1st place had 2 kills, 3 assists, 3 deaths, 31,000 damage, 0 objective points, and 1 medal. I'm trying to wrap my brain around that. I want to know how I was accountable for 7 kills, no deaths, and the most amount of objective points and medals, but took 3rd. Somehow, 1st had 5 kills, the highest amount of deaths, almost 3 times my damage, and didn't contribute to taking any objectives nor awarded anywhere near my amount of medals. We lost the match. Death needs to count against a player more, I think.

Also, it seems that my ignore list doesn't function properly, as I was put in a team with someone I cannot stand. My ignore list is very short and only people who are really annoying or problematic are put on it. Thankfully, he was quiet... mostly. It makes me wonder if there will be an in-game support for VOI. This aspect of the game necessitates voice communication. Then again, fix the ignore thing first, THEN work on VOI. A HUD for teammates would be nice, since there could be a mute button put on it.

Just in case.

Also, it seems that my ignore list doesn't function properly, as I was put in a team with someone I cannot stand. My ignore list is very short and only people who are really annoying or problematic are put on it.

The ignore list for Space PvP works the same way as Ground PvP: the queue "ignores" your ignore list and just picks the first X amount of people ready to keep the queue time as short as possible.

The ignore list for Space PvP works the same way as Ground PvP: the queue "ignores" your ignore list and just picks the first X amount of people ready to keep the queue time as short as possible.

If the queue ignores my ignores, how did I end up on a team with someone I ignored on all my characters?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.