Single Queue Tool For PVE & PVP

eartharioch

Sometimes I want to level my chars or just play solo, and sometimes I want to do things with other people. When I want do stuff with other people, sometimes I don't care a whole lot, and sometimes I want to do something specific.

If I want to do PVE, Group Finder gives me *some* control over content (I understand blocking my higher-level chars from some FPs so that "level-appropriate" chars can have a fair and balanced run, but there are reasons 55s might want to run SM FPs (certain orange gear, achievements, whatever), and OP support could be more thorough). If I want to PVP, I either have to do Ranked Arenas or random unranked, which doesn't have a lot of flexibility. I know some people would never sign up for certain WZs, but I personally have days where I'd like to PVP, but only if I don't get certain WZs, and some days I just want whatever will pop first, and I don't think I'm the only one.

And, now that GS is about to become live, there may be some days I want to do just GS, anything but GS, or (again) whatever is available first,

So, my suggestion is to create a unified Group Finder Queue Tool that allows fine grain selection/deselection of group content (Heroics, Planetary, FPs, OPs, ground PVP, and GS). Use Dailies & Weeklies to "reward" players that select more/all of certain categories (FPs, PVP WZs, etc.) and actually complete them. In PVP, for example, it is "known" that some people queue dodge, and many people want to punish those players (since queue dodging can ruin the game for other players), and it isn't unknown in PVE either. Rather than punish players (since accidental disconnects do occur), do something like a "Daily/Weekly" debuff -- if you didn't complete the last activity that would have counted towards a Daily/Weekly, nothing you do will count towards those Dailes/Weeklies for a while (an hour or so).

I've probably suggested these things in other threads, and I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest them here, but I haven't seen it for a while.