The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kir Kanos Respect Thread!

Wolfninjajedi

Alright I figured I would do something new here and post up a respect thread for one of my favorite Star Wars characters. So for the folks that want or wanted to see Kir Kanos being a BAMF, you will now get your wish!

Though take note, I don't got every CE comic but I do have quite the collection which should be enough. I will be cataorigzing his feats and so forth so it'll be easier to navigate. So without further ado let us begin!

Note: The 1st few scans won't show Kanos exactly, but it'll show how the Imperial Guard trains and what goes on.

==============

Training

1st

The Squall where the Imperial Guard trains.

2nd

3rd

4th

Vader goes up against Burr Daind an Imperial Guard trainee, who was noted to have perfect technique in both his offense and defense as a result of his training. Vader did toy with him and even though he has his hand cut off, Burr did not ask for mercy, he knew he had failed and Vader offered no mercy. An Imperial Guard doesn't ask for mercy.

As a side note this also does show Vader is capable with other weapons.

================

Fighting Skill

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

Here Jax sent a sizeable military force to capture Kanos, not interested in the Rebels at all they were going after just 1 man. Kanos takes out Stormtroopers, having enough strength with his vibrostaff to kill Stormtroopers with ease, enough to destroy their helmets, he also shows the ability to have enough reaction to block blaster shots from Stormtroopers. He also takes down a TIE Interceptor with a blaster pistol to use it as a weapon against the enemy forcing them to retreat.

Kanos turned the tide of 1 battle where before he came along, the Rebels were losing and they weren't even the target. Let me reiterate that...Kir Kanos an Imperial Guardsman turned an entire battle around.

==========

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

Carnar Jax sends in his personal guard of Shadow Troopers against Kir Kanos. Jax knows that they are no match for Kanos and as shown, Kanos defeats the entire guard. He turns their weapons against them and he also dodges their blaster fire just by slightly turning his head.

================

1st

2nd

Just showing Kanos taking out groups of Stormtroopers also evading their blaster fire, showing also the ability to dual weild.

1st

2nd

Despite the fact the Imperial Officer drew his blaster, Kanos moved fast enough to pull out his vibrostaff and kill said Officer before then killing some Stormtroopers, also showing being able to block blaster shots with his staff.

1st

2nd

3rd

Under the guise of his bounty hunter alias Kenix Kil(anagram of his name in the special Red Guard langauge), he kills some guys that were waiting for him in his room having gotten tipped off with the information, dodging their blaster fire and grabbing his weapon to take them all out.

Other Skills

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

1st scan shows Kanos using an old infantry trick, being able to use blasters as a heat source with minimal detection.

2nd scan shows another old trick as Kanos rigs a blaster to blow open a door.

3rd scan shows him being able to spot a hidden Rebel base, saying that it is very obvious to him. Despite the fact that Imperial scouts fly over it all the time, they weren't able to notice it but he was.

4th scan shows the afore mentioned blaster was taken off of Ennix Devian by Kanos, despite the fact that Ennix had his eyes on him the entire time.

5th scan shows that while Kanos had left, he rigged his hideout to blow up should Imperials try to enter.

6th scan shows Kanos being able to lay low and stay undetected by Imperials.

===================

Notable Fights

Kir Kanos vs Lemmet Tauk

1st

2nd

Here Kanos duels and kills his close friend Tauk to become a Royal Guard. Showing that indeed even close friends would kill one another, if their Emperor commanded them to do so.

Kir Kanos vs Carnar Jax

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

Kir Kanos vs Carnar Jax, a good fight between the two Guardsmen. There were some Rebels that came in to capture Jax, but they didn't really do much of anything and just got in the way so I skipped over those scans and just showed the end where Jax was killed. This also shows the Guard armor being quite durable, the helmet only cracking despite a large rock smashing into it and also shows Kanos having some nice pain tolerance/durability.

Kir Kanos vs Ennix Devian

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

Kir Kanos vs Ennix Devian, Devian was trained by Darth Vader in combat in the Squall as an assassin. Before this fight he bested Imperial Trooper Lonkin who was one of the best of Devian's faction and a hero.

===========

Conclusion: Well there you have it folks, Kir Kanos! It's not everything mind you that he has done, I haven't bought every comic. I'm only missing really 4 issues, but this should be enough.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I love you. Really. I do.

An excellent read, and very useful for a specific Kaggath... But amazing work!!! It truly showcases how bad*** Kanos is! One of my favorite characters as well (he may or may not be tied for first on my list...) and I thank you for introducing him to me. :D Great job:D

An excellent read, and very useful for a specific Kaggath... But amazing work!!! It truly showcases how bad*** Kanos is! One of my favorite characters as well (he may or may not be tied for first on my list...) and I thank you for introducing him to me. :D Great job:D

Thanks!

Speaking off Kaggath, get on it people!

And awesome work Wolf!